Cable Guy Soundtrack

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
Post Reply
User avatar
Hidefumi
Ripple Street
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by Hidefumi » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:56 pm

Satellite of Love
Written by Lou Reed
Produced by Perry Farrell
Performed by Porno For Pyros
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Records
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115798/sou ... tt_trv_snd
The info I see say Satellite of Love producer is Perry Farrell. It do not say who sound engineer is. He make very high quality song art production on this one I believe by himself.

Drums Farrell make they are natural live sound. The beat of drum is well done. The right groove you can tap feet to this. The vocal is the right tone blend. The voice delivery is forceful and nice bite to them.
Acoustic strum P.DiStefano do is very well. The guitar lead tone is nice. Bass guitar is nice. Electric organ/piano is artful. The mix is very well. The arrangement is classy. Nostalgic I am for Pyros to create another one this way.
Theres friction cause your constantly leavin things behind I picture these streams of consciousness They flow next to each other Some are goin very fast and sparkle like jewels I wanna picture myself hopping into those different streams
-Perry Farrell

User avatar
nexis
One West
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:28 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by nexis » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:45 am

They took an average song and turned it into a spectacular California surf-pop tune like only Porno For Pyros could. Anyone interested dreamy romantic surf sounds may want to check out these guys, they were brilliant.

ITJ57
Luddite
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by ITJ57 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Hidefumi wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:56 pm
Satellite of Love
Written by Lou Reed
Produced by Perry Farrell
Performed by Porno For Pyros
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Records
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115798/sou ... tt_trv_snd
The info I see say Satellite of Love producer is Perry Farrell. It do not say who sound engineer is. He make very high quality song art production on this one I believe by himself.

Drums Farrell make they are natural live sound. The beat of drum is well done. The right groove you can tap feet to this. The vocal is the right tone blend. The voice delivery is forceful and nice bite to them.
Acoustic strum P.DiStefano do is very well. The guitar lead tone is nice. Bass guitar is nice. Electric organ/piano is artful. The mix is very well. The arrangement is classy. Nostalgic I am for Pyros to create another one this way.
I was the engineer on this track. It was tracked and mixed at G-Son Studios in Atwater Village. The Beastie Boys Studio.

User avatar
Hidefumi
Ripple Street
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by Hidefumi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am

I was the engineer on this track. It was tracked and mixed at G-Son Studios in Atwater Village. The Beastie Boys Studio.
Can you say more about this one? you were happy with the mix? Pyros good to work with were they, no?
Theres friction cause your constantly leavin things behind I picture these streams of consciousness They flow next to each other Some are goin very fast and sparkle like jewels I wanna picture myself hopping into those different streams
-Perry Farrell

ITJ57
Luddite
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by ITJ57 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:21 pm

Hidefumi wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am
I was the engineer on this track. It was tracked and mixed at G-Son Studios in Atwater Village. The Beastie Boys Studio.
Can you say more about this one? you were happy with the mix? Pyros good to work with were they, no?
My name is Thomas TJ Johnson. I was a member of P4P 1995 to Spring 1997. Great times with great people.

The track was recorded and mix in a few days. I believe it was a Neotek Console, Otari 24 track recorder.

Perry Farrell Vox
Stephen Perkins Drums
Peter DiStefano Guitar
Mike Watt Bass
Mark Nishita Keys
Thomas Johnson Samples

User avatar
nexis
One West
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:28 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by nexis » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:45 pm

ITJ57 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:21 pm
Hidefumi wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am
I was the engineer on this track. It was tracked and mixed at G-Son Studios in Atwater Village. The Beastie Boys Studio.
Can you say more about this one? you were happy with the mix? Pyros good to work with were they, no?
My name is Thomas TJ Johnson. I was a member of P4P 1995 to Spring 1997. Great times with great people.

The track was recorded and mix in a few days. I believe it was a Neotek Console, Otari 24 track recorder.

Perry Farrell Vox
Stephen Perkins Drums
Peter DiStefano Guitar
Mike Watt Bass
Mark Nishita Keys
Thomas Johnson Samples
Thanks Thomas for the info, love the song. Good vibes and some incredible sound work there. :)
To your knowledge, do the individual unmixed tracks still exist?
Would love to do a remix someday.
Also was curious which songs were originally intended to be P4P tracks but ended up on SYTBS? Thanks in advance.

User avatar
filthpurveyer
The Pyramid
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:14 am
Location: CA

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by filthpurveyer » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:51 pm

ITJ57 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:21 pm
Hidefumi wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:39 am
I was the engineer on this track. It was tracked and mixed at G-Son Studios in Atwater Village. The Beastie Boys Studio.
Can you say more about this one? you were happy with the mix? Pyros good to work with were they, no?
My name is Thomas TJ Johnson. I was a member of P4P 1995 to Spring 1997. Great times with great people.

The track was recorded and mix in a few days. I believe it was a Neotek Console, Otari 24 track recorder.

Perry Farrell Vox
Stephen Perkins Drums
Peter DiStefano Guitar
Mike Watt Bass
Mark Nishita Keys
Thomas Johnson Samples
Thank you very much for the info regarding this track, it is very much appreciated.

Lance D
Black Radio Club
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by Lance D » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:47 am

Cable Guy was simply a means for the band to make a quick buck and they moved on. Never played live, not even once and that should tell you all you need to know.

Devin
Black Radio Club
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:09 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by Devin » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:08 pm

Impressed

Lance D
Black Radio Club
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:17 pm

Re: Cable Guy Soundtrack

Post by Lance D » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:04 pm

As a rock icon moves through stages in his career no longer satisfied, he forgets what elements made him. In his attempts to gain the largest audience possible his music, as a rule becomes blander, generic, lacking depth and ultimately forgettable.

Post Reply