Dave Navarro

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
Hidefumi
L.A. Street Scene

Dave Navarro

Post by Hidefumi »

My old favorite Eric Avery was. No anymore he quit. Now I know Dave is the one. He play "City Song" and "Ripple" for us. He do Sunday 10 question from us. He answer Jane's Addiction question on Dark Matter. He play mysterious guitar solo improv.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ri7MDs09wM[/youtube]

He know what we like and he like to do it more than the other guys. He is a best friend of the fans.

:tiphat: Dave Navarro. Thank you. :tiphat:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: Dave Navarro

Post by Mike »

Dave is definitely an awesome guy and from what I've seen he cares a great deal about the fans.
He busted this particular fans balls a couple of times this week but it was all in good fun and I didn't mind. :)

I wouldn't be to hard on Eric Hidefumi.
I think if he doesn't want to be in the band then it should be OK that he's not in the band.
I'm can't hold it against him and I'm very happy he came back for a little while.
We got a new Whores, a new Chip Away and a bunch of great shows most of which were recorded.
If I need an Eric JA fix I can pop any of those or the original records on but it's time to move on.

OK now let's get back to the topic Dave Navarro and let's make this a Dave appreciation thread. :idea:

Dave, thanks for playing City the other day!
You fucking blew my mind.

Erik said if you guys would have played My Time I'd have to be restrained. :shock: :lol:
He's probably right. :nod:

Thanks again for everything.

Best Cinco De Mayo ever! :yeay:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
TrevorAyer
The Co Co Club

Post by TrevorAyer »

dave is the yin and yang of metal guitarists ... super nice funny guy but how do u tell a guy like that that the cc deville guitar solos have to go, leave the janes spectrum forever never to be played again ever ... but if he is responsible for ripple and city then kudos janes really does need to switch up the setlists a lot more if they dont want to be playing the fairground circuit next year
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

CC Deville, really?
I don't see it or hear it.
Give me an example of this.

Dave is indeed responsible for the Ripple tease in San Francisco last year and City the other day.
Those acts alone should elevate him to Sainthood or something. :cool:

As for the set list last year.
I think the band agreed on what songs they wanted to do and built the show around them.
You know the light show and video clips they showed.

Anyway doing that limits how much you can change it up on any given night.
Another thing to ponder is one of the biggest bands ever (Led Zeppelin) rarely changed their set while on tour and just like you're complaining so to do the Zep heads even all these years later. :lol:

One thing Zep had in their favor back in the day was there wasn't any youtube and besides if Peter Grant caught you he might have made your day not so pleasant.

I don't see Jane's doing a fairground circuit anytime soon either.
I know you're just venting but it ain't gonna happen.
Best case scenario we get a theater tour to support a new album early next year.
Al least that's what I'm hoping for. :please:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
nexis
One West

Post by nexis »

And then there's this Grateful Dead cover courtesy of Dave :rockon:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAw-mKe7KWo[/youtube]
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

nexis wrote:And then there's this Grateful Dead cover courtesy of Dave :rockon:
Yeah that's pretty awesome!
I saw it when it was first put up on youtube but it's well worth watching again and again. :nod:
Devin
Be Live

Post by Devin »

Bump.
Really man ~Ripple is THE essential song to include in any future Ja live event. ~My Time is a must. Without those my pecker gets soft.
henry
Power Tools

Post by henry »

nexis wrote: Sat May 08, 2010 6:29 pm And then there's this Grateful Dead cover courtesy of Dave :rockon:
Although the Dead played "Morning Dew" quite a lot, they didn't write it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_Dew
Lance D
Power Tools

Post by Lance D »

Unlike NeoPF, DN has some potential left. Main reason DN didn't sign up to work at the Ettie corp full time. :lol: