Irresistible Force

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: Irresistible Force

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:[yt]http://youtu.be/arukJbbkR3c[/yt]
I liked that so much that I went ahead and stuck it up on the front page. :cool:

http://janesaddiction.org/2011/08/15/ar ... n-perkins/
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote: Image
Here's another pic from the Irresistible Force photo shoot.

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
LJF
Black Radio Club

Post by LJF »

hydro wrote:
Mike wrote:
hydro wrote:im kind of thinking Perry is talking about Lolla with the line"we've become a big business"
Maybe but I dunno.
you're right Mike, and thanks for posting that article! The first paragraph says it all "that's for me to know and you to find out"
searching this morning I realize that Lolla is bigger than ever!! At this point I can not keep up with all the news flowing in on Lolla, just amazing!! When I watch the clip of "Whores" from the 8/5/91 Lolla, I wonder if Perry realized at that moment what he had created.

I imagine he hoped and had a feeling that it could get big, but maybe not to the place it is now and was in the first few years. I know some might think of it as selling out, but everyone dreams of making it big & leaving their mark. I would say he has done both and so has Jane's.

He was outside of mainstream and so was the band but they are all now very much a part of mainstream. If the internet was as much a part of everyday culture back then as it is today would it have taken Jane's less time to get big? I tihnk making mainstream must be easier now then in the early 90's.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

LJF wrote:
hydro wrote:
Mike wrote:
hydro wrote:im kind of thinking Perry is talking about Lolla with the line"we've become a big business"
Maybe but I dunno.
you're right Mike, and thanks for posting that article! The first paragraph says it all "that's for me to know and you to find out"
searching this morning I realize that Lolla is bigger than ever!! At this point I can not keep up with all the news flowing in on Lolla, just amazing!! When I watch the clip of "Whores" from the 8/5/91 Lolla, I wonder if Perry realized at that moment what he had created.

I imagine he hoped and had a feeling that it could get big, but maybe not to the place it is now and was in the first few years. I know some might think of it as selling out, but everyone dreams of making it big & leaving their mark. I would say he has done both and so has Jane's.

He was outside of mainstream and so was the band but they are all now very much a part of mainstream. If the internet was as much a part of everyday culture back then as it is today would it have taken Jane's less time to get big? I tihnk making mainstream must be easier now then in the early 90's.
I don't think I'm different from the next guy or gal in that whenever I do something I always give it my all and try to be successful at whatever it is that I'm doing.

I guess it's just human nature to try and be successful doing whatever it is you do.
This is one reason why I never had a problem when Jane's grew in the late '80s.
Although it did kind of suck to have to share them with so many other people and to have to fight to get tickets.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I heard Irresistible Force on the radio this morning for the first time. :cool:
Keep in mind I very seldom listen to the radio because it sucks but I was happily surprised to hear them.
They actually did a twin spin and played Jane Says too.

The radio station is 92.3 here in Cleveland and when you checkout their site they're promoting Jane's.

http://radio923fm.radio.com/radio-92-3-playlist/

hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike wrote:I heard Irresistible Force on the radio this morning for the first time. :cool:
Keep in mind I very seldom listen to the radio because it sucks but I was happily surprised to hear them.
They actually did a twin spin and played Jane Says too.

The radio station is 92.3 here in Cleveland and when you checkout their site they're promoting Jane's.

http://radio923fm.radio.com/radio-92-3-playlist/

that's awesome!definitely one of the better stations we have to choose from around here! Seems weird in a way to have a new Jane's song played on the radio...wow, it's just that it's beeen soooo long! I think i'll be pretty excited to hear it when I do :P
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
drifter
L.A. Street Scene

Post by drifter »

heard it today here in vegas on 107.9 :dancing:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jane's Addiction
Behind 'Irresistible Force'

August 19, 2011 | By Rolling Stone

In this behind-the-scenes clip of Jane's Addiction video for "Irresistible Force," the second single from their new albumt The Great Escape Artist, frontman Perry Ferrell says that the song is his take on the Big Bang theory. "The Big Bang was actually sexual intercourse, like cosmic sexual intercourse."

"It's a huge departure from what people would expect from Jane's Addiction sonically," says guitarist Dave Navarro. "There's a lot of space and depth to the verses and song structure, yet it has an element of power and emotion that does go back to the old days of Jane's Addiction."
http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new- ... e-20110819

Click the link above to checkout the video as I'm unable to embed it at the moment.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike wrote: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new- ... e-20110819

Click the link above to checkout the video as I'm unable to embed it at the moment.
cool video! Im excited to see the finished one!!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Sojourner
Variety Arts Center

Post by Sojourner »

"sorry this video is not available in your region" :roll:
“With a bracing combination of metal, punk, and psychedelica, coupled with lead singer Perry Farrell's banshee-in-a-wind tunnel vocals”...