Jane's Addiction news & discussion
intertwoven
Jedi

Re: Irresistible Force

Post by intertwoven »

A couple simple mixes I just did..

Instrumental
http://somediverswhistle.com/audio/Jane ... ental).mp3

No Verse Vocals (aka, instrumental except for the choruses)
http://somediverswhistle.com/audio/Jane ... 20vox).mp3
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

intertwoven wrote:A couple simple mixes I just did..

Instrumental
http://somediverswhistle.com/audio/Jane ... ental).mp3

No Verse Vocals (aka, instrumental except for the choruses)
http://somediverswhistle.com/audio/Jane ... 20vox).mp3
those both sounded pleasant and relaxing :hydro:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Rock Songs
*** No. 1 *** "The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie" Red Hot Chili Peppers (Warner Bros.)
Hot Shot Debut No. 31 "Irresistible Force" Jane's Addiction
Debut No. 40 "No Matter What" Papa Roach
Alternative Songs
*** No. 1 *** "The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie" Red Hot Chili Peppers
Hot Shot Debut No. 22 "Irresistible Force" Jane's Addiction
Debut No. 32 "Dark Horses" Switchfoot
Debut No. 35 "Tonight" Seether
Debut No. 38 "Got It All (This Can't Be Living Now)" Portugal. The Man
Debut No. 40 "Colours" Grouplove
http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbe ... 8792.story
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:
Rock Songs
*** No. 1 *** "The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie" Red Hot Chili Peppers (Warner Bros.)
Hot Shot Debut No. 31 "Irresistible Force" Jane's Addiction
Debut No. 40 "No Matter What" Papa Roach
Alternative Songs
*** No. 1 *** "The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie" Red Hot Chili Peppers
Hot Shot Debut No. 22 "Irresistible Force" Jane's Addiction
Debut No. 32 "Dark Horses" Switchfoot
Debut No. 35 "Tonight" Seether
Debut No. 38 "Got It All (This Can't Be Living Now)" Portugal. The Man
Debut No. 40 "Colours" Grouplove
http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbe ... 8792.story
For some reason that link isn't working for me.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Red Hot Chili Peppers & Jane's Addiction: Together Again
by Keith Caulfield, L.A. | August 09, 2011 7:02 EDT

Red Hot Chili Peppers and Jane's Addiction are back together -- on the Alternative Songs chart, that is.

The iconic rock bands share space on the Nielsen BDS-based Alternative airplay chart this week as Jane's Addiction's "Irresistible Force" debuts at No. 22 while the Peppers' "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie" jumps 2-1, marking its 12th topper on the list. (The chart will refresh on billboard.com on Thursday, Aug. 11.)

"Adventures" is the lead single from the Peppers' new album "I'm With You," due Aug. 30, while "Force" is the first offering from "The Great Escape Artist," out Sept. 27.

Surprisingly, the Peppers and Jane's -- despite having Alternative histories dating back to 1989 and 1988, respectively -- have only crossed paths once before on the chart. That was in 2003, when for 12 weeks between June and August, the Peppers' "Dosed" charted alongside Jane's No. 1 hit "Just Because."

With its 12th No. 1, the Peppers extend its record for the most leaders in the chart's 23-year history. Linkin Park is in second place, with 10.

Additionally, "Adventures" climbs to No. 1 in just four weeks -- marking the band's fifth song to hit the top that swiftly. "Dani California" debuted at No. 1 in 2006, "Soul to Squeeze" (1993) took two weeks, "By the Way" (2002) rose in three and "Scar Tissue" (1999) also took four weeks.

As for Jane's Addiction, "Irresistible Force" marks its first appearance on any singles chart since 2003, when "True Nature" charted on a number of rock tallies, including Alternative, where it hit No. 30.

On Alternative, "Irresistible" is its 10th entry. Its first came with "Jane Says" in 1988, which reached No. 6 in November of that year -- a mere two months after the chart made its Billboard debut. The band has three No. 1s: "Stop!," "Been Caught Stealing" and "Just Because."
http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbe ... 9502.story
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Eric B.
Be Live

Post by Eric B. »

Does this mean they're the highest new entry this week? That's really nice than. Hopefully they'll climb a lotb higher the comming weeks.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

I don't think this was posted here yet - Rolling Stone's review:
Jane's Addiction
"Irresistible Force"
3/5
By Will Hermes
August 3, 2011

This single — from The Great Escape Artist, Jane's Addiction's first album in eight years, due September 27th — comes on like an art-metal freak show set on some distant planet. It opens with Perry Farrell sounding like Carl Sagan in an episode of Cosmos, musing ominously about the stars and some sort of big bang. The verses are built around droning funk, as the band backs Farrell's ponderings with a rubbery bass line and some clattering percussion. But then Farrell unleashes that familiar majestic bray of his, asks whether we wonder what the band looks like naked (uh, that horse has left the barn, dude) and announces, "God is a real man." Or is it "God isn't real, man?" Whatever: Giant guitar swarms from Dave Sitek and Dave Navarro soon blow away Farrell's philosophizing.

This review was updated to reflect the following: Dave Sitek is not a co-producer for The Great Escape Artist, but rather a member of the album's creative team. The album's producer is Rich Costey.
janesaddiction.org
mothra665
Räji's

Post by mothra665 »

:arrow: FYI
The edited ETTL video is on Time Warner "Music on Demand" channel.
Be warned it's almost unwatchable, the T&A have been blurred & or black boxed out. :no:

IMO leaving the viewer to wonder what is so terrible underneath. :noclue:

But switch over to National Geographic and see nude natives in nature frolicing freely. :gayfight:

I guess the video "monster" from Kanye West is more suitable - depicting murder and cannibalism :!:
...Oh well, just wanted to pass this along for TW subscribers
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

leviticus
Black Radio Club

Post by leviticus »

I really, really like this song right now, I don't feel like writing an apologetic thesis on it, but I think it's a good move, a good sound. Has a mystery to it that "strays" did not. It's a more liberated sound, not a familiar one.