Jane's Addiction, Rise Against to headline Shindig Festival

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
helicine
I Fix Shit

Jane's Addiction, Rise Against to headline Shindig Festival

Post by helicine »

via: http://www.stardem.com/entertainment/mu ... 0e27e.html
Jane's Addiction, Rise Against to headline Shindig Music Festival

BALTIMORE — This year's Shindig Music Festival, set for Saturday, Sept. 27, at Carroll Park in Baltimore, will feature alternative rock legends Jane's Addiction and punk rock favorites Rise Against as co-headliners.

Organized by 24-7 Entertainment, the festival's lineup also includes Gogol Bordello, Clutch, Fishbone, Halestorm, Lucero, J Roddy Walston & The Business, Larry and His Flask, The Mahones, The Bots, Charm City Devil and Bad Seed Rising.

Two main stages will ensure no overlapping sets of music.

The Vending Village will offer a variety of Baltimore’s best food and beverage options with plenty of seating and shade available.

The Ripley's "Believe it or Not" Side Stage will features an array of rare talent, including sword swallowers, fire breathers, aerial acrobats and burlesque performances.

"I was born and raised in Baltimore, and creating a festival and vibe we've never seen was my goal," said Paul Manna of 24-7 Entertainment. "As a fan of every artist playing, I am confident thousands of live music lovers will truly appreciate this lineup as much as I do. Seeing Perry Farrell and Jane's Addiction, one of my all-time favorite bands, perform in Pigtown will certainly be the icing on the cake.”

Last year was the Shindig's inaugural year. The lineup featured Dropkick Murphys, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, The Gaslight Anthem, Clutch, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Reverend Horton Heat, The Hold Steady and more.

"The Shindig showcased our historic neighborhood to the most people ever gathered for an event in Pigtown or Carroll Park — without any incidents or arrests," said Ben Hyman, director of Pigtown Main Street. "They are yet another example of our investment in Pigtown, including the opening of nine new businesses and hundreds of thousands of dollars in economic development."

Carroll Park is located a half-mile from Camden Yards, M&T Bank Stadium, I-95 and I-395. To eliminate parking concerns, 24-7 Entertainment has reserved several large, secured parking lots that border the festival grounds landmarked by the monstrous Montgomery Park building.

The early bird presale for tickets will take place from 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 1, to 10 p.m. Thursday, April 3. Tickets will $50 for general admission and $150 for VIP. Go to http://www.theshindigbaltimore.com for details.

The general on-sale will start at noon Friday, April 4, at $60 for general admission ($70 after Aug. 16) and $165 for VIP through http://www.missiontix.com/theshindig.

VIP tickets will include designated parking, separate entrance to the festival, covered viewing decks, discounted food and drink menus, free bottled water and a T-shirt.

Festival gates will open at noon, with music starting at 12:30 p.m. and ending at 11 p.m.
janesaddiction.org