Music Machine

Re: Gift screening, Perry to introduce film 4/30/14 Hollywoo

Post by bman »

What comments were made about Casey?
phenobarb_bambalam
Power Tools

Post by phenobarb_bambalam »

Someone in the audience asked whether he and Casey were actually ever married, and whether they are still in touch.

His response, for me, just seemed crass and misrepresentative of what seemed obvious at the time.

He said they married in Mexico and added with some glee that Santeria weddings in Mexico don't hold up in the US. He said that he didn't want to marry her and thought that it would be a bad idea for them to get married....the way he said it made it seem that he was giving her something she wanted safe in the knowledge that it wasn't binding, but I may be wrong in that. He summed it up by saying they knocked around together for a couple of years, but that they broke up because "she was mean".

It completely glossed over her role in inspiring his work and the part she played in his work. Hence my comment about it being revisionist.

He then went on to talk about how he is now happily married with two beautiful children..... I didn't look to see whether the wife was lurking in the back somewhere.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Casey directed Been Caught Stealing too. That Video helped Blow Janes up in 1990. I remember reading an Ask Casey interview where she said Perry hated it and thought it would ruin his career.
pyro99
Power Tools

Post by pyro99 »

What do you expect him to say about Casey, an ex-girlfriend? Sounded like he didn't give her credit even when they where together. If somebody asked me about my ex-girlfriend i usually am pretty dismissive. Move forward!! There is a reason why she is an ex-girlfriend. I agree he maybe should of said more about her, but that is a really touchy subject. :(
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

I'm watching it on my TV right now and I'm impressed but what do you expect Perry to say about Casey honestly?
phenobarb_bambalam
Power Tools

Post by phenobarb_bambalam »

Expect? Nowt.

One would just hope for a touch more class from a 51-year old man about a relationship that ended a couple of decades ago. His comments are very much par for the course, but that doesn't make it any less petty.