XXX White vinyl?

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
phenobarb_bambalam
Power Tools

XXX White vinyl?

Post by phenobarb_bambalam »

This may be a stupid question, but does the white vinyl version of this exist? It's on the discography so I have always taken it as gospel, but there is no photograph and have seen no trace of it anywhere online despite efforts to track a copy down. Can anyone verify it exists...please?

Cheers.
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Re: XXX White vinyl?

Post by tvrec »

I have never seen a white vinyl version of the LP, though I don't know definitely that it does not exist.

I can say this, the clear vinyl was the only alternative version that was available of the first record when it was first released. The other colored vinyls were pressed about two years later. I don't recall the time, but it wasn't at the same time. When they were pressed, I picked mine up directly from XXX's offices: red, blue, green, and purple. There was no white that was offered then. Maybe it was pressed in a different run or something, I don't know.
phenobarb_bambalam
Power Tools

Re: XXX White vinyl?

Post by phenobarb_bambalam »

Much appreciated.

I knew of the lag between pressings, but wasn't aware of the specifics. I just wonder if somehow the clear version has been misconstrued as 'white'. I appreciate they're pretty scarce, but this is literally the only place I have ever seen mention of a white copy.

Anyway, cheers...