Blabbermouth: Perkins To Lead 'Beat MS Drum Circle'

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
helicine
I Fix Shit

Blabbermouth: Perkins To Lead 'Beat MS Drum Circle'

Post by helicine »

via: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/janes- ... um-circle/
JANE'S ADDICTION's STEPHEN PERKINS To Lead 'Beat MS Drum Circle'

JANE'S ADDICTION drummer Stephen Perkins will lead the Beat MS Drum Circle on Sunday August 10 at the Paramount Ranch in Agoura Hills, California.

"MS has hit three family members of mine — yeah, three!" exclaims Perkins. "I'm hitting back!

"For me, playing the drums feels so good, it's medicine.

"Let's bang some drums together and make some noise… Join me at the Beat MS Drum Circle!"

Perkins, feeling very adamant about healing and helping people that suffer from MS, put a lot of thought into this day and has arranged with his endorsements to be involved. Remo has generously donated the drums, shakers and maracas. ProMark has also sent a case of his signature sticks for Perkins to be able to give away as a gift to the MS people that come and he will be signing them as well as lending a hand in the drumming to heal.

Drum circles are very therapeutic for both the person with the disease, as well as the family members and caregivers. It is a time to let go and feel the power of the energy that drums give.

"We are very excited that Stephen Perkins is so much a part of our goal to help people with MS now," explains Nancy B. Sayle, founder of Rock Against MS Foundation. "He is a amazing.

"We did the March 2014 Rock Against MS concert in Hollywood, CA and he contacted us and wanted to play this event. We talked at the show and after learning he has family members with MS, I brought up a drum circle and he said, 'Let's do it' — so now we are here. This is just the start of many and as we get the hang of it, I hope it grows. We all need healing."

Rock Against MS Foundation will provide services from a three grant resource system, which will provide daily care, quality of life needs and emergency funding, while assisting people with multiple sclerosis (MS) to live independent and full lives. Additionally, a brick and mortar facility called The Rock House is in the planning stages, and will provide free of charge, multiple programs and opportunities designed to heal the mind, body and spirit of all those whose lives have been affected by MS.

Every hour in the United States, someone is newly diagnosed with MS, an unpredictable, often disabling disease of the central nervous system.

MS interrupts the flow of information from the brain to the body and stops people from moving. Symptoms range from numbness and tingling to blindness and paralysis. The advancement, severity and specific symptoms of MS in any one person cannot yet be predicted, but advances in research and treatment are moving us closer to a world free of MS.

Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 50, with more than twice as many women as men being diagnosed with the disease.

MS affects more than 400,000 people in the U.S. and 2.1 million worldwide.
janesaddiction.org