RS: Hear Red Hot Chili Peppers' Lost, Navarro-Era 'Circle of the Noose'

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
helicine
I Fix Shit

RS: Hear Red Hot Chili Peppers' Lost, Navarro-Era 'Circle of the Noose'

Post by helicine »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... e-20160204
Hear Red Hot Chili Peppers' Lost, Navarro-Era 'Circle of the Noose'
"What a trip down memory lane," guitarist says of recording for aborted 'One Hot Minute' follow-up

By Kory Grow February 4, 2016

The rare Red Hot Chili Peppers track, "Circle of the Noose," from the 'One Hot Minute' sessions with Dave Navarro is now streaming
"Circle of the Noose," a previously unreleased, five-minute song from the sessions to follow up Red Hot Chili Peppers' One Hot Minute, has made its way online. The laidback, jammy, Led Zeppelin-y track, which YouTube user RHCPtv 5 uploaded, finds Anthony Kiedis singing tableaus depicting dragonflies, laughing dogs and storms, paving the way for a cutting, bluesy solo by then-guitarist Dave Navarro. A representative for the group confirmed the track's authenticity.

Navarro played in Red Hot Chili Peppers from 1993 to 1998, the third in a succession of guitarists who stepped in to fill the shoes of John Frusciante, who had departed the group mid-tour after they released Blood Sugar Sex Magik. Navarro parted ways with the Chili Peppers in 1998 in an effort to focus on a new project titled Spread. "I still love those guys to death and being a Chili Pepper was one of the best experiences of my life," Navarro said at the time (via MTV). "But in making [Spread's debut], I uncovered different areas of creativity that I want to explore." The Spread album never came out.

The guitarist later explained that he had been fired from the group over drug use and musical differences. "[Singer] Anthony [Kiedis] says it was because I tripped and fell over an amp while on drugs," Navarro told NME in 2010. "I say that he was on more drugs than me at that point. We both had a loose relationship with reality. Who do you want to believe?"

The Chili Peppers, with current guitarist Josh Klinghoffer, are working on a record to follow 2011's I'm With You, with Danger Mouse producing. "It's cool," Flea told Rolling Stone of the new music in 2014. "It's super danceable, funky shit and some real introspective, pretty stuff. It feels good, man, and it's fun to play it."
MeasureMeasure
janesaddiction.org
mothra665
Räji's

Re: RS: Hear Red Hot Chili Peppers' Lost, Navarro-Era 'Circle of the Noose'

Post by mothra665 »

NICE, Thanks!
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
nexis
One West

Post by nexis »

Interesting song, thank you. Sounds like it could've fit well with Jane's too. Trying to imagine Perry's vocals on it.
Hidefumi
L.A. Street Scene

Post by Hidefumi »

Dave reach music peak in 1996-1998. This song has the high quality music Dave play. 1999 - present time he in the valley at the lower point is where he is. He need climb back up the mountain and reach the peak once more he can try.
Hidefumi
L.A. Street Scene

Post by Hidefumi »

^
This is it!
TrustNoOne666
Black Radio Club

Post by TrustNoOne666 »

14 minutes in, and I like the demo version better than the actual cd.
Hidefumi
L.A. Street Scene

Post by Hidefumi »

Best recordings Navarro do dynamic and catchy! Why he do not play as good like these in Jane's Addiction? I do not know. For Christmas I wish Perry Farrell sing Aeroplane with the Flea on the stage!