Best live shows ever?

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
blackholesun85
Black Radio Club

Best live shows ever?

Post by blackholesun85 »

Hey I'm new to the forum and looking to find the best Jane's live shows ever. Thought it would be cool if people could post their top five favorite pre 1992 Jane's live shows and also their top post 1992 reunion shows aswell.
Thanks in advance.
bman
Music Machine

Re: Best live shows ever?

Post by bman »

blackholesun85
Black Radio Club

Post by blackholesun85 »

Just peoples favorite shows performance wise really but if they happen to be in fantastic quality then I'm not going to complain. Thanks for the recommendations, don't suppose you know where I can find the 11-25-88 trip away bootleg from Chicago do you I've looked everywhere?
mekmad
Power Tools

Post by mekmad »

I couldn't find Trip Away anywhere online either but I dug up my decrepit CDR of the show and ripped it. Good thing since those are starting to dry rot on me. Send me a PM with your email if you want the show and I'll send you the mp3's.
mekmad
Power Tools

Post by mekmad »

As for my favs Chicago is one of them. I also like Live and Insane (officially released on the box set), the two Irvine shows for lolla 91'. Enjoyed the different track order of Kleptomaniac, great Perry-ism on that. Philly 89' is another good one. Sex Drugs and Rock n Roll. etc..
blackholesun85
Black Radio Club

Post by blackholesun85 »

Thanks I've found all of those now except for the lolla show on the 24th July 1991
filthpurveyer
Club Lingerie

Post by filthpurveyer »

7/7/90 is up there for sure and I like Perry's intro for that show; "Your mother's gonna get fucked up the ass by a fuckin' evil demon, that's how it goes man, 10 to 1"
humanoid
The Co Co Club

Post by humanoid »

last fixx by far
Janesfan
Luddite

Post by Janesfan »

September 12,1988 at the Stone Balloon in Newark, Delaware. They were the opening act for Iggy Pop. It was small club near the university of Delaware campus. I was a big fan of Iggy Pop and was excited to see him at a place near home. I vaguely knew of Janes Addiction. They blew me away. Perry wore a yellow rain slicker pants with suspenders, no shirt. Halfway through the set he pulled his penis out on stage and fondled it for the crowd.

Iggy himself was tremendous as well. He pointed out was girl in the crowd that was well endowed and spontaneously broke out into a wrap, perfectly timed to the music playing saying, 'I want to play with your beautiful tits, I want to fuck your milky white it tits!'. The crowd went nuts.

Both bands were outstanding and I have been a James fan since. The combination of intimate venue, outstanding music plus the antics from both bands make it the best rock show I've ever seen.
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

That's easy to answer...

Date: November 13, 1986