4. Classic Girl

Disc: 4
1. Kettle Whistle
2. Ocean Size ( Demo Version )
3. My Cat's Name Is Maceo (Demo)
4. Had A Dad (Studio Out-Take)
5. So What!
6. Mountain Song ( Demo Version )
7. Been Caught Stealing (Studio Out-Take)
8. City ( Soul Kiss 88 )

Disc: 5
1. Drum Intro (Live, 1990)
2. Up The Beach (Live, 1990)
3. Whores (Live, 1990)
4. 1% (Live, 1990)
5. No One's Leaving (Live, 1990)
6. Ain't No Right (Live, 1990)
7. Then She Did... (Live, 1990)
8. Had A Dad (Live, 1990)

Disc: 6
1. Been Caught Stealing (Live, 1990)
2. Three Days (Live, 1990)
3. Mountain Song (Live, 1990)
4. Stop! (Live, 1990)
5. Summertime Rolls (Live, 1990)
6. Ocean Size (Live, 1990)

Jane’s Addiction will celebrate a “Sterling Spoon Anniversary” this year to commemorate the release of Ritual de lo Habitual and the first Lollapalooza. The revelry began in July when the band launched a highly anticipated tour that includes Ritual de lo Habitual played in its entirety each night.

The party will continue in October when the band releases STERLING SPOON, an epic, six-LP collection that includes Nothing’s Shocking and Ritual de lo Habitual, along with the vinyl debuts for the 1990 concert recording Live From The Palladium and a selection of rarities, demos, and live takes from the 1997 compilation Kettle Whistle.

The band, which has been directly involved with the set’s creative direction, selected LA-based Ernesto Yerena to produce its cover art. Limited to just 5,000 pieces worldwide, the US version features metallic-silver ink, while a four-color version will available to the rest of the world. STERLING SPOON will be available on October 21 for a list price of $XX.XX.

The collection focuses mainly on the Los Angles-based quartet’s first incarnation —Perry Ferrell (vocals), Dave Navarro (guitar), Eric Avery (bass), and Stephen Perkins (drums) — and includes the band’s landmark studio albums: Nothing’s Shocking (1988) and Ritual de lo Habitual (1990). It was those recordings that made the group underground heroes with songs like: “Jane Says,” “Ocean Size,” “Mountain Song,” and the #1 Modern Rock hits “Been Caught Stealing” and “Stop!”

Jane’s Addition made great albums, but it was the band’s live shows that cemented its legend. As a testament to it stage prowess, STERLING SPOON includes the group’s entire performance at the Hollywood Palladium from December 1990, a concert recording that was originally released in 2008 as part of the Rhino’s boxed set A Cabinet of Curiosities. Among the highlights are thunderous performances of such classics as: “Three Days,” “Stop!” and “Summertime Rolls.”

WRITE UP from Sanity Music: http://www.sanity.com.au/products/23175 ... ling_Spoon
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: Sterling Spoon 6LP Box Set 10/21/16

Post by helicine »

This is apparently the cover:
Janes-Addiction-sterling-spoon-Photo-from-Rhino.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janesaddiction.org
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

helicine wrote:This is apparently the cover:
From what I read, that image is the International cover, while the USA release is all SILVER
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

tvrec wrote:
helicine wrote:This is apparently the cover:
From what I read, that image is the International cover, while the USA release is all SILVER
so I have to order two copies? :lmao:
janesaddiction.org
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Why is Pigs left off of NS?
TwoThreeFour
Power Tools

Post by TwoThreeFour »

I bet it's a typo
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

bman wrote:Why is Pigs left off of NS?
TwoThreeFour wrote:I bet it's a typo
Pigs is a "bonus track" and has never been on any vinyl version of the album.
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

helicine wrote:
bman wrote:Why is Pigs left off of NS?
TwoThreeFour wrote:I bet it's a typo
Pigs is a "bonus track" and has never been on any vinyl version of the album.
Yeppers. NS originally came out when vinyl was waning, cassettes were strong sellers and cheaper to produce, and CDs were still trying to push into the dominant format of the market. Many CDs and tapes even, then, had bonus tracks to entice shoppers into buying new formats, which was a few dollars more than what most people had been paying.
bruno177
Power Tools

Post by bruno177 »

OK...I'm hoping to stimulate some conversation here. I saw Dave tweet something about "jane's reissues coming soon" a month or two ago and was just a bit...hopeful we would get something cool. Instead they release an empty and pointless re-release of the same stuff...yet again. Are the remaining guys just completely obsessed with that Palladium show? Do they think it's the best show they ever did or something? Or are they just too completely lazy and apathetic to release ANY other amazing show they did between 86 and 91? Plus, they don't even release the rest of the non-Palladium tracks on the Kettle Whistle bullshit half-ass mini-LP they tacked on? Christ man I don't know....I discovered Jane's in 2007 right before the Eric Avery reunion and Jane's 1.0 are in my top 10 fav groups/artists/etc but they are so fucking lazy and boring and just shit now. This bullshit reissue just really struck a deep nerve with me. It makes me so sad that they aren't doing proper reissues of their first three albums with corresponding live material and any outtakes. Or releasing a live box set or just doing some archival stuff where they do limited edition runs of live shows on vinyl or....anything creative with their legacy! And apparently Rhino is willing to release stuff. So why not just do something new!>!>!>! Fuck! I found out about the set today and it just unleashed this disgust. Alright.....what do you guys think?
"Bring the lights down, man. Little Perry's gonna teach you how to behave yourselves...."