Help! Video of 2/25/89 Brooklyn show?

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
MDv
Luddite

Help! Video of 2/25/89 Brooklyn show?

Post by MDv »

Hello, I saw JA on 2/25/89 at Lamours in Brooklyn. It was stupendous. About 5 years ago I was pleasantly surprised to see a video of the show on YouTube. Tragically, the video’s been taken down. I’m hoping someone here will know if it’s available somewhere or could share it with me.

Thanks!
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: Help! Video of 2/25/89 Brooklyn show?

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
MDv
Luddite

Post by MDv »

That's it, thank you! The original video had been taken down from YT; I don't know why this newer one didn't come up in my searches. It's the same video but this version is lower quality, but what are ya gonna do.

If anyone at this forum was also at the show, chime in. It was great. Jane Says was getting radio play at the time but the band were still not that well known, at least in New York, & I don't think we'd seen the Mountain Song video yet. Basically we didn't know what to expect and this blew away any expectations we might've had. The audience was an unusual mix of metalheads and punk/ new wave fans working together for the common good of humanity, but more metalheads (lamours was generally a metal venue). There was a sour note at the end, after the band left the stage some bouncers kind of beat up a couple of kids who had been jumping on the stage earlier. But let's not dwell on the negative, it's great to have video of this memory.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

I think that was the first JA Video Boot I ever bought back in 91 at some record convention. Perry was a wild banshee that show.