Music resembling Jane's Addiction predating Jane's Addiction

Jane's Addiction news & discussion
Anson
Oblivious Troll

Music resembling Jane's Addiction predating Jane's Addiction

Post by Anson »

If you had to replace a Jane's song with a song from a different band (predating Jane's addiction)whch song would you choose for each song on their first album,and for the songs Summertime Rolls and Ted just admit it and Obvious and Been caught stealing,with the intention of getting as close as possible to those songs and their first record using previous musician's material?
Also,in those same Jane's songs above,have any of you discovered musical phrases etc which are obvious lifts from music predating Jane's Addiction,such as maybe a guitar riff or a baseline or a drumbeat or a vocal or lyrical moment?
For example as a replacement,I would suggest Break on through by the Doors for the first Jane's song Trip away,or maybe something like Lust for Life by Iggy Pop,while for a 'lift' in that same song I clearly hear a guitar sequence from the Grateful Dead's Skullfuck album.
Maybe you might have even better recommendations for replacements than the ones I have in mind,and maybe you have discovered many more lifts or musical quotations from previous bands music throughout Jane's Addiction's music?
Thank you