Login Trouble

Site updates, issues, and suggestions
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Login Trouble

Post by Jasper »

THIS SITE is giving me log in trouble, telling me that I've exceeded my maximum amount of log in attempts. This happened to me at xiola.org as well, a couple of months back, and it also happened to Spunky and at least on other person there. So either there's some glitch that's affected both sites, or some moron is trying to hack accounts.
spunkmuffin
Ripple Street

Login Trouble

Post by spunkmuffin »

Jasper wrote:THIS SITE is giving me log in trouble, telling me that I've exceeded my maximum amount of log in attempts. This happened to me at xiola.org as well, a couple of months back, and it also happened to Spunky and at least on other person there. So either there's some glitch that's affected both sites, or some moron is trying to hack accounts.
Me too Jasper with the log in' at both sites.......
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: Login Trouble

Post by helicine »

I've encountered this twice, I always assumed it was someone trying to hack my account, but maybe it is something different. If you could provide more info, it could be helpful:

Is this a problem every time you login or just sporadically?

Have you tried clearing your cache & cookies?

Do you have your browser automatically log you in, or do you login manually (enter username + password) each time?

What web browser are you using?
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:I've encountered this twice, I always assumed it was someone trying to hack my account, but maybe it is something different. If you could provide more info, it could be helpful:
I had it happen to me once last week.
It hasn't happened since.
helicine wrote:Is this a problem every time you login or just sporadically?
Just that once.
helicine wrote:Have you tried clearing your cache & cookies?
Yes and no problems since.
helicine wrote:Do you have your browser automatically log you in, or do you login manually (enter username + password) each time?
I manually log in every time.
helicine wrote:What web browser are you using?
firefox
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

This issue only happened to me once. I always clear my cache and cookies, especially if I've been to a big retail site or something like that. I have the browser fill the forms automatically, I just hit "login" or whatever that button says. I was using Safari at the time. Sometimes I'm using Firefox. I don't know if this ever happened while I was using Firefox, because it was too long ago when I had the issue at xiola.org. At that site the problem happened about three times over a couple of days. Like I said before, as far as I know it only happened to three people around that time.

BTW, guys, it'd be nice to be informed when our posts are being edited and/or moved, ya know? I wouldn't have objected at all, but it's a common courtesy, and I almost missed this thread completely.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

ok, thanks for the info, still investigating
Jasper wrote:BTW, guys, it'd be nice to be informed when our posts are being edited and/or moved, ya know? I wouldn't have objected at all, but it's a common courtesy, and I almost missed this thread completely.
Didn't get a chance to do any PM'ing after I duplicated the posts and split the post info. There is no automated setup for doing that. But just as a general rule, it is always best to post stuff in the right forum as I nearly missed the issue to begin with. :noclue:
janesaddiction.org