10/9/09 California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

vikkivale wrote:I shot the carpet/arrivals but not inside. Perry didn't walk the carpet, but I got some pics of Dave and other attendees. Pics here: http://www.LAwomanPhotography.com/surfrider
that black and white of Dave with the shadow behind him looks sooo awesome!!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

hydro wrote:
vikkivale wrote:I shot the carpet/arrivals but not inside. Perry didn't walk the carpet, but I got some pics of Dave and other attendees. Pics here: http://www.LAwomanPhotography.com/surfrider
that black and white of Dave with the shadow behind him looks sooo awesome!!
Thanks! That was going to be a delete because it was blown out w/too much exposure...I made it black and white and liked it! lol
www.lawomanphotography.com
Warped
Be Live

Post by Warped »

Thanks, that pic made my day........... :cool:

And that Whole lotta love is awesome, really.
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

Nice pics, v.v.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Surfrider Gala Raises $150K To Protect Oceans

kailee bradstreet
October 12 2009

Surfrider Foundation’s 25th Anniversary Gala, held Friday, Oct. 9th in Los Angeles, attracted more than 650 attendees and honored special guests Incubus, Pearl Jam and actor David Chokachi. The event raised more than $150,000 towards protecting the world’s oceans and beaches. The official press release follows and look for more event coverage and photos from TransWorld Business to come:
“LOS ANGELES, CA (October 12, 2009) – A host of activists, surfers and celebrities came together to celebrate a quarter century of coastal preservation at the Surfrider Foundation’s 25th Anniversary Gala. Among the over 650 in attendance, were Incubus front-man Brandon Boyd, “The Hills” star Audrina Patridge, Sal Masekela and supermodel Carolyn Murphy. In total, the evening raised over $150,000 for the continued protection of our world’s oceans, waves and beaches.

“Our 25th anniversary gala brought together activists, musicians, artists, supporters, staff, and board members,” says Surfrider Foundation’s CEO Jim Moriarty. “It was great to see so many different people coming together and ‘plugging in’ to our mission and celebrating where we have been and where we are going.”

The evening began with the presentation of the Surfrider Foundation’s Art For The Oceans III. The auction, which featured twenty-five original works by a host of contemporary artists including Shepard Fairey, Raymond Pettibon, Thomas Campbell and Billy Al Bengston, raised nearly $100,000 for the Foundation.

Mark Hoppus from Blink-182 then took over on the mic to emcee the presentation of the Surfrider Foundation’s Keepers of the Coast award. This year’s honorees included actor David Chokachi, Incubus and Pearl Jam, who have all made significant contributions toward helping the Surfrider Foundation fulfill its mission of protecting our world’s oceans, waves and beaches.

The evening concluded with a rocking performance by Camp Freddy. Joining core members Dave Navarro, Billy Morrison, Matt Sorum, Donovan Leitch and Chris Chaney on stage were Sum-41’s Deryck Whibley, Evan Seinfeld from Biohazard, Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath, and 2004 Keeper of the Coast recipient Perry Farrell, who brought the house down with an amazing rendition of Led Zeppelin’s “Whole Lotta Love.”

The money raised from Surfrider Foundation’s 25th Anniversary Gala will assist the organization with several new campaigns and initiatives that are set to launch in 2010, including its new integrated water campaign “Know Your H20,” an increased effort to support the Santa Barbara Chapter’s “Save Gaviota” campaign, and the Foundation’s “Not
The Answer” campaign, which seeks to prevent new efforts to expand offshore drilling along the nation’s coastlines. The Surfrider Foundation’s 25th Anniversary Gala was made possible by Brita Filter For Good and Barefoot Wine. Media partner FUEL Television will air a special on the Surfrider Foundation’s 25th Anniversary Gala on November 23rd.”

The Surfrider Foundation is a non-profit grassroots environmental organization dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of our world’s oceans, waves and beaches. Now in its 25th year, the Surfrider Foundation has grown from a small group of dedicated surfers in Malibu, California to a global movement made up of over 50,000 members and 90 chapters worldwide. For more information visit us at www.surfrider.org.
http://business.transworld.net/news/sur ... ct-oceans/
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Great pics!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

FuelTV will be airing this all this week check out the dates and times here
http://www.fuel.tv/paulodias/blogs/view/77042
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Can I get that hour of my life back! They showed nothing of the actual gala!