10/9/09 California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

Surfrider Foundation 25th anniversary Gala

Post by hydro »

Surfrider Foundation 25th Anniversary Gala & Art Auction featuring Camp Freddy & Hosted by Blink 182's Mark Hoppus

Friday, Oct 09, 2009 8:00 PM PDT (7:00 PM Doors)
at Wallis Annenberg Building, California Science Center
in Los Angeles, CA

Surfrider Foundation 25th Anniversary Gala

Presented by Barefoot Wines and Filter For Good.

Hosted by Blink 182's Mark Hoppus.

Join the Surfrider Foundation as we celebrate twenty-five years of beach and coastal protection. We'll be kicking off the evening festivities with the third installment of our Art For The Oceans series, which features 25 artistic interpretations of the world's most famous surf breaks (including Jaws, Teahupoo, Pipeline, Malibu and Trestles), created by some of the biggest names in the art world today;
Shepard Fairey, Thomas Campbell, Raymond Pettibon, Barry McGee and others!

The Foundation will also be presenting our coveted Keeper Of The Coast Awards, honoring Incubus, David Chokachi and Pearl Jam.

We'll be closing out the evening with a performance by the legendary CAMP FREDDY, featuring members from Jane's Addiction, The Cult and Guns n' Roses.

All this plus hosted bar and dinner! Don't miss this fun-filled and action-packed evening!

To pre-register for the auction please complete your online ticket purchase and follow the instructions provided at checkout. Please note: If you wish to attend the auction, doors open at 5:30p.m. and the first gavel is at 6:30p.m. If you are unable to attend and would like to bid by phone or proxy - or for more information on Art for the Oceans III - please call
800-743-SURF or email afo3@surfrider.org.
for tickets
SURFRIDER FOUNDATION CELEBRATES TWENTY-FIVE YEARS WITH GALA EVENT OCTOBER 9TH

In celebration of the organization’s 25th Anniversary, the Surfrider Foundation will host a star-studded gala on Friday, October 9, 2009 at the California Science Center’s Wallis Annenberg Building in Downtown Los Angeles.

The event will be highlighted by the presentation of the Surfrider Foundation’s Keeper of the Coast Award. The award, which is only given out once every five years, is presented to celebrities who have made significant contributions towards helping the Surfrider Foundation fulfill its mission. This year, musical acts Incubus and Pearl Jam, along with actor David Chokachi will join previous winners including Jack Johnson, Perry Farrell and Bruce Johnston and Mike Love of the Beach Boys.

Additionally, the event will feature a live auction, with one-of-a-kind art by some of the world’s most revered contemporary artists including Raymond Pettibon, Shepard Fairey and Thomas Campbell. The artists, 25 in all, created a commissioned piece depicting the world’s most recognized (and in some cases threatened) surf breaks.

The event will culminate with a performance by a surprise musical guest.

Tickets for the gala will go on sale in September.
http://www.surfrider.org/press_releases.aspx?PR_Id=271

June 17th 2004 Perry was honored with the Keeper of the Coast award,the award is only givin out every 5yrs,this yr for the 25th Gala Perry will be on site to hand over the award to the following recipients:Incubus, David Chokachi and Pearl Jam

from the 20th anniversary event 2004 Perry with Etty and sister Stacey
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

10/9/09 California Science Center, Los Angeles, CA

Post by hydro »

some new dates posted at pf.com

Oct 9th
California Science Center (this is the 25th Anniversary surfriders foundation event)
http://perry-farrell.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1302

Oct 16th
Hollywood Palladium(Insomniac Presents Kaskade)
http://www.last.fm/event/1209068+Insomn ... ts+Kaskade
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

hydro wrote:some new dates posted at pf.com

Oct 9th
California Science Center (this is the 25th Anniversary surfriders foundation event)
http://perry-farrell.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1302
Ouch! 200$
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

I applied to shoot the red carpet for this a while back...before I knew Perry and Etty were going to be there...I love the ocean and I love LA. This afternoon, I got approved to photograph the arrivals! YAH! I don't think my creds will get me into the event, but I'll be on the carpet! :) And, I'll be sure to post any Farrell pics here. :biggrin:
www.lawomanphotography.com
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

vikkivale wrote:I applied to shoot the red carpet for this a while back...before I knew Perry and Etty were going to be there...I love the ocean and I love LA. This afternoon, I got approved to photograph the arrivals! YAH! I don't think my creds will get me into the event, but I'll be on the carpet! :) And, I'll be sure to post any Farrell pics here. :biggrin:
NO waY!!! that is SO awesome!! Congrats!!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

tickets are almost sold out,4 more days left!!

http://www.surfrider.org/25th/

hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Perry will be jammin with Camp Freddy tonight :cool:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Last edited by hydro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
StickyFingers
One West

Post by StickyFingers »

-You are not the boss of me-
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

I shot the carpet/arrivals but not inside. Perry didn't walk the carpet, but I got some pics of Dave and other attendees. Pics here: http://www.LAwomanPhotography.com/surfrider
www.lawomanphotography.com