8/14/07 Mr. Small's Theatre, Millvale, PA

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
Bones
Black Radio Club

Mr. Smalls

Post by Bones »

hey everyone,

This is my first post in this forum- so let me start off ny saying 'hello'.

anyway- I was at this show. I was the guy who gave Perry the photograph of he and I from ten years ago. What an amazing night this was!

I have some pix of the show that I wanted to post here-but wasn't sure how... any tips? Also-I would LOVE to get a copy of this show! It would mean a lot to me to hear Perry talking to me from the stage and such. If anyone could help out-I would greatly appreciate it!!! I have stuff I can trade.

wishing you well,
Bones
hydro
Addict

Re: Mr. Smalls

Post by hydro »

Bones wrote:hey everyone,

anyway- I was at this show. I was the guy who gave Perry the photograph of he and I from ten years ago. What an amazing night this was!

I have some pix of the show that I wanted to post here-but wasn't sure how... any tips? Also-I would LOVE to get a copy of this show! It would mean a lot to me to hear Perry talking to me from the stage and such. If anyone could help out-I would greatly appreciate it!!! I have stuff I can trade.

wishing you well,
Bones
hey Bones sit tight u might get that recording later today check back on here nothings shocking will post the download for the audio at mr.smalls we 2 were there :) i think it will be under the share forum
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

wishing you well,
Bones
Hi Bones and welcome to the site! :)
My recording is now up in the "share" section.
I hop you'll enjoy it and that it will be a nice keepsake for you.
I remember you giving Perry the picture and his comment about it.
It was pretty cool what he told you after he looked at it.
He seemed to remember you after 10 years!

I'd love to see your pictures as I recorded the show with my camera and have only seen the pics that hydro shared.
It's not to hard to post them.
Go to this site http://www.imageshack.us/
"Browse" to the pics you want to share and then click "Host It".
Once uploaded select the link they give you that says "Hotlink for forums (1)".
Copy and paste that link into your post and you're all set.
If you have any trouble ask and I'll try to assist you further.
Again welcome to the site and enjoy your stay.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I guess it's a bit backwards to post this now but I just found a preview for this show. :lol:
A nice read nonetheless.
Concert Preview: Love is all this rocker needs
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

By Cody McDevitt

Perry Farrell's path has had its ups and downs, its twists and turns, but don't look for trendy angst from the former frontman for Jane's Addiction and founder of Lollapalooza.

"Anything that is around hate, which could be angst or remorse or negativity ... it's powerful," he said, "but do you not believe that love will conquer all?"

"Because I do," Farrell said after a long pause. He performs tonight at Mr. Small's Theatre in Millvale with his new band, Satellite Party, which just released its debut, "Ultra Payloaded."

"I think that, No. 1, who wants to stay in angst and in anger and who wants to feel feudal in their life? I sure don't. So I think that, 'Yes, you know, those days, I did cut my teeth with those guys and that group.' " he says of Jane's Addiction. "I love the music that we made in those days, and we still perform it. ... I still to this day perform lots of Jane's music. But I'm surely not going to sit around and feel powerless."

Much has changed since Farrell had the youthful malaise that drove his mind when he wrote songs like "Jane Says," "Obvious" and "Had a Dad." There are a lot of highlights on the new album, such as "Only Love, Let's Celebrate," a song he feels gives the best impression of where he is psychologically and one that will soon be remixed with 50 Cent and Kelly Rowland.

Another is the title track, which he loves performing because of its complexity. The one that's drawn the most attention is "Woman in the Window," a song with previously unreleased Jim Morrison lyrics. It's intriguing because it shows where Morrison, who predicted in a 1969 television interview that future music would be electronic-based, would have gone had he lived.

"I think that he was kind of right," Farrell says. "That's kind of where we're at. We are a live group, but we play with tracks and pads and drum triggers, which means that not only is a real player playing, but he's triggering electronic stimulation to synthetic drum programs. So, you get a much denser, richer and newer sound with drums, which is the new frontier for live groups. But what I wanted to dress Jim Morrison with new clothes. It would have been easy to completely emulate The Doors, but I think the juxtaposition of him with today's kind of sound is kind of thrilling."

Farrell became popular in the late '80s, when disillusionment and depression were seen as the marks of sincerity. But Farrell thinks it's much healthier, braver and just as authentic to express happiness..

"Let's look at these guys. So they're all saying I want to destroy and I want anarchy. Well, that's [expletive] great. What do the rest of us do? Sit there and drink filthy water, and suck on dirty air. Who wants to do that? I mean, let's do something about it. That's a real revolution.

"There were guys in [Jane's], I won't mention names, but they used to try to write a song that wouldn't shoot for greatness. They would kind of try to be tongue-in-cheek and sarcastic. That's fine; you can kind of make a mockery of things and make a joke. I think it takes a lot more courage to stand up and say, 'No, I'm going to be beautiful. I'm going to put myself out there.' My attitude is that this is our world, and we're going to celebrate in this world. We're going to take the streets back, and we're going to do something good with it."

Farrell has tried to do his part, at least when it comes to the environment. Lollapalooza has long promoted the environment and other causes. He's also an avid snowboarder and surfer, unwilling to sacrifice clean beaches and the cold winter day that brings powder to legendary runs like Corbet's Couloir in Jackson Hole, Wyo. Farrell, for his part, knows that concerts like Lollapalooza won't necessarily help, but they shouldn't hurt the area around them.

Farrell criticized Live Earth organizer Kevin Wall, though he did think Al Gore was a "good guy."

"They should have taken their time and really checked out and seen what the defects of it was," he says. "If they're doing it about the environment, seeing the effects of the industrial revolution, but they're not doing it about their own festival, I think that is a little silly."

He thinks nitpicking isn't a good way to talk about it, though.

"You can do that with anybody. I can turn around and say, 'What did you do today to screw the environment up?' I'm sure that I can shoot some holes in your day. I just want to tell you that this whole concept of being a solutionist, and being aware of the environment and wanting to retrofit your business and your life ... it's only getting going. Talk to me in 10 years."
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07226/809191-388.stm
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Bones
Black Radio Club

Post by Bones »

Nothing's Shocking wrote:

wishing you well,
Bones
Hi Bones and welcome to the site! :)
My recording is now up in the "share" section.
I hop you'll enjoy it and that it will be a nice keepsake for you.
I remember you giving Perry the picture and his comment about it.
It was pretty cool what he told you after he looked at it.
He seemed to remember you after 10 years!

I'd love to see your pictures as I recorded the show with my camera and have only seen the pics that hydro shared.
It's not to hard to post them.
Go to this site http://www.imageshack.us/
"Browse" to the pics you want to share and then click "Host It".
Once uploaded select the link they give you that says "Hotlink for forums (1)".
Copy and paste that link into your post and you're all set.
If you have any trouble ask and I'll try to assist you further.
Again welcome to the site and enjoy your stay.

Nothing's Shocking-

hey! thanx for the welcome. I am currently downloading the show as we speak. I am very excited to hear it. thank you very much fro taping and sharing the show.

I went to Imaheshack--- it appears that you have to upload and copy the links one at a time (?). is this correct?
I had previously uploaded the pix to Snapfish (where you can do a whole folder at a time). you can share them from there buyt you have to send them to an email address. I can't seem to figure out how to post them in a forum. any suggestions?
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Bones wrote:Nothing's Shocking-

hey! thanx for the welcome. I am currently downloading the show as we speak. I am very excited to hear it. thank you very much fro taping and sharing the show.

I went to Imaheshack--- it appears that you have to upload and copy the links one at a time (?). is this correct?
I had previously uploaded the pix to Snapfish (where you can do a whole folder at a time). you can share them from there buyt you have to send them to an email address. I can't seem to figure out how to post them in a forum. any suggestions?
No problem Bones.
It's not the greatest recording but it's cool to be able to listen to it and relive the moment.
I bet that girl that Perry sang Happy Birthday to would love to hear it too.

As far as the imageshack stuff goes yes I believe you do have to upload one photo at a time to their site.
You can put as many pics in each of your posts as you wish though.
I've never used Snapfish so I can't help you with that.
If you have any specific questions ask and I'll try to help.
I'd really like to see your pics so anything I can do I will.
If you want to you can email them to me and I'll be happy to post them for you.
My email is TheMilkMan1966 <at> aol <dot> com
Bones
Black Radio Club

Post by Bones »

Nothing's Shocking wrote:
Bones wrote:Nothing's Shocking-

No problem Bones.
It's not the greatest recording but it's cool to be able to listen to it and relive the moment.
I bet that girl that Perry sang Happy Birthday to would love to hear it too.

As far as the imageshack stuff goes yes I believe you do have to upload one photo at a time to their site.
You can put as many pics in each of your posts as you wish though.
I've never used Snapfish so I can't help you with that.
If you have any specific questions ask and I'll try to help.
I'd really like to see your pics so anything I can do I will.
If you want to you can email them to me and I'll be happy to post them for you.
My email is TheMilkMan1966 <at> aol <dot> com

hey N.S.
what's happening? I just sent you the link to the pix on snapfish. I'm kind of strapped for time at the moment- to be able to upload all 25 pix. I figured I'd send you the link so you can check them out. Feel free to post them in here if you'd like-if not- I should be able to do it at one point this weekend. Things have been real hectic lately.
"man ain't meant to work!"
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here's a few pics Bones took.
Thanks for sharing them Bones. :)
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

More of Bones' pictures.
Once again thank you Bones.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

These pics are compliments of Bones as well.