10/6/07 - L.A. Weekly Detour Music Festival, Los Angeles, CA

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

just to make this clear I would not stand and watch them make animal sounds that would be a bit weird to me :roll:

but I think this all comes down to just being respectful and positive instead of so attacking and negative
for example~instead of this---"-the guitarist really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really sucked. even the SP songs sounded like they were coming from a bad cover band."

TRY this~"the new guitarist has some learning to do but its obvious he loves what hes doing,hes still young and with perry as his mentor and when they finally have time to rehearse and relax im sure he will be one of the best guitar players out there(and from a girls view hes totally cute and sexy as can be) :) so im happy for the kid he got a chance of a lifetime to learn from the best hes pretty darn good just didnt have a chance to learn all the music yet CONGRATS TO NICK PERRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

hydro thinks hes fucking awesome :rockon:

p.s they are all humans like me and you why would u want to hurt someones feelings :cry:

but again to be fair you do have your opinion and if there was just some band that i came across and thought they sucked i would say they sucked but some of us have loved perry for so long hes like family and we would never say he did something that "sucked or blew"cuz that just is negative and mean and any friend of perrys or wife or band member deserves the same respect..........in my opinion....and thats all i have say :biggrin: because this is getting gay!!!!!! lol
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Alright this is where the bickering ends.
It's obvious there's a difference of opinion here but let's let it go at that and move on.

I think it's worth mentioning that this show wasn't a proper Satellite Party show.
They were playing a festival type event.
The setlist was shortened due to this fact.

Only Love, Let's Celebrate
Just Because
Tahitian Moon
Mountain Song
Hard Life Easy
Superhero
Been Caught Stealing
Ultra Payloaded
Stop!
Jane Says

Thanks to vikkivale for passing that along.
She also shared a few pics and some video from the show here:
http://www.perryfarrell.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=437
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Everybody's Friend
Black Radio Club

Post by Everybody's Friend »

hydro wrote:
janesayssitdown wrote:

you participate in "idol worship"
-to you he can do no wrong
-if him and his wife stood on stage for 3 hours making animal noises youd watch the entire thing
-youd steal items from him and make an alter to pray to him if you knew where he lived.
is this considered "idol worshiping?? LOL I had more candles but my kid stold them all!! :lol:

:lol:
nexis
One West

Post by nexis »

i sense the presence of trolls from that other perry-hating forum
Everybody's Friend
Black Radio Club

Post by Everybody's Friend »

nexis wrote:i sense the presence of trolls from that other perry-hating forum
:big wig:
RyanJustAdmitIt
Power Tools

Post by RyanJustAdmitIt »

Cool. I'm really glad JaneSaysSitDown took back the "totally pathetic" thing, because that was the only thing that set me off. It was a bad show for him.

And thank you Hydro for your clarity as always - this is how I feel too...
hydro wrote:TRY this~"the new guitarist has some learning to do but its obvious he loves what hes doing,hes still young and with perry as his mentor and when they finally have time to rehearse and relax im sure he will be one of the best guitar players out there...so im happy for the kid he got a chance of a lifetime to learn from the best hes pretty darn good just didnt have a chance to learn all the music yet CONGRATS TO NICK PERRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Nothing's Shocking wrote:Alright this is where the bickering ends.
It's obvious there's a difference of opinion here but let's let it go at that and move on.
I really would like it if we could put the fact that one person and his lady friend didn't enjoy themselves at the show the other night behind us and move on.
I don't think anyone here has been terribly out of line up to this point and appreciate that.
I know most here aren't used to seeing negative reviews here on this site but...
I know that JSSD has been to a few Satellite Party shows and I don't think he came here to start anything with anyone.
Maybe he could have said what he said in a different way but what he said is far from the worst thing I've ever seen written / said about Satellite Party.
Also the last thing I want to have happen is a board war of any type.
There are a lot of die hard Jane's / Perry fans at Xiola and not all of them hate / dislike Satellite Party.
As I said earlier in this thread people are entitled to their opinions.
We / this site is a and always will be a positive place for fans of Perry and all his projects.
I try my hardest not to concern myself with what goes on elsewhere.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
janesayssitdown
Be Live

Post by janesayssitdown »

i declare a board war!!!!!!!!

hahahaha.....

jk..............
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

we make love,not war ;) :) :kiss4p: :smiliefinger:
hahahahahahaha..........jus tryin to b funny