10/6/07 - L.A. Weekly Detour Music Festival, Los Angeles, CA

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

i think janesaysitdown loved the show but only had one thing on his mind and that was getting this chic back to his place :lol: hehehoho just being silly ;)
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

janesayssitdown, I'll have to agree with Japhy.
I don't think RyanJustAdmitIt was trying to give you a hard time.
I'm having a hard time seeing what it is about his post that's so bothersome to you.
I guess it's how you read it and whether it has anything to do with you or not?
It does seem that your review in part is based on not only yours but your company's opinion.
The way I read your post I thought she was a writer too.
Based on that he gave his opinion on music journalists, again no big deal.
Then not knowing you or your interest he asks some questions.
Once again, no big deal.

I think maybe you've over reacted.
If you feel differently please take it to PM.

Lastly, is hydro right? :biggrin:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
janesayssitdown
Be Live

Post by janesayssitdown »

Japhy wrote:Whoa! I thought i was having a bad day!!! Janesayssitdown is gonna blow ;)
na, im always having a great day. writting a post like that doesnt even phase me.
Quite the reaction to Ryan! I didn't think he was baiting you as much as you felt but hey whatever. I love a bit of banter and the occasional slate but i also dig the vibe that Mike is creating over here - it's all positive... kinda means that bad reviews will get jumped on mate, even if it is valid!!

Have a good day... and your chick sounds cute, seriously!

Japh
Nothing's Shocking wrote:janesayssitdown, I'll have to agree with Japhy.
I don't think RyanJustAdmitIt was trying to give you a hard time.
I'm having a hard time seeing what it is about his post that's so bothersome to you.
homeboy had this to say about my girl
ryan wrote: Music journalists are some of the most jaded and pretentious motherfuckers I have ever met, who have NEVER experienced any type of true scene and are thouroughly soulless when it comes down to it.
I guess it's how you read it and whether it has anything to do with you or not?
It does seem that your review in part is based on not only yours but your company's opinion.
yeah yeah yeah yeah, but if i came here and said "i didnt like the show" youd be like "doooood thats just jssd, hes an asshole all the time." i just thought it was interesting that un unbiased janes fan felt that way too.
The way I read your post I thought she was a writer too.
Based on that he gave his opinion on music journalists, again no big deal.
yeah, but youre just a guy who runs a perry farrel website. ive met people who run perry farrell websites and they all just fuck sheep all day and dont have any real opinions...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

of course i dont mean that....... but do you understand where i could be coming from in the first place now?
Then not knowing you or your interest he asks some questions.
Once again, no big deal.
id be the first to tell you its no big deal.
I think maybe you've over reacted.
If you feel differently please take it to PM.

Lastly, is hydro right? :biggrin:
hes right that i wanna be in her pants..... thats not the reason we left though. :) :) :)
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

janesayssitdown wrote:
hes right that i wanna be in her pants..... thats not the reason we left though. :) :) :)
HYdro is a girl :ns:
thats why I knew u wanted in her pants cuz thats all guys really care about :lol:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

janesayssitdown wrote:
yeah, but youre just a guy who runs a perry farrel website. ive met people who run perry farrell websites and they all just fuck sheep all day and dont have any real opinions...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

of course i dont mean that....... but do you understand where i could be coming from in the first place now?
:Drama: there are only 2 things u cant do on this site and that is talk shit about PERRY FARRELL and NOTHINGS SHOCKING!!! :fighting:

and im not directing this towards janesays just a general thought
unless youve been a fan of perrys since the 80's and eairly 90's and seen a show back then or desperatly wanted too then one just couldnt understand the essence of perry farrell and the unconditional love his long time fans have for him.To me its like you wouldnt go to your sons school play and leave eairly and say he sucked just because he might of had a bad day.......no you would stay and cheer him on to show your love and support.If you love someone then they are the best in your eyes and could do no wrong basicaly.
janesayssitdown
Be Live

hydro wrote:
janesayssitdown wrote:
HYdro is a girl :ns:
thats why I knew u wanted in her pants cuz thats all guys really care about :lol:
my apologies ma'am.
RyanJustAdmitIt
Power Tools

Post by RyanJustAdmitIt »

hydro wrote:and im not directing this towards janesays just a general thought
unless youve been a fan of perrys since the 80's and eairly 90's and seen a show back then or desperatly wanted too then one just couldnt understand the essence of perry farrell and the unconditional love his long time fans have for him.To me its like you wouldnt go to your sons school play and leave eairly and say he sucked just because he might of had a bad day.......
...And this is getting more to the essence of what I was getting at. The negative trashing of the show originally...
janesayssitdown wrote:she knows her music, writes for some online magazines and shit like that.

anyways, i could go on and on about how awesome she is...but yeah, during hard life easy tonight i looked over at her and said "im ready to go when ever you are" and she said "ok lets go now."

so as soon as we got far enough away to talk she looked over at me and said "dude, that was fucking pathetic."

epic words from an epic woman.
...sounds to me like you are no kind of Perry fan at all. That's why I asked if you have liked his stuff since Jane's or not. Perhaps that's why you were beyond disappointed in something different. And that's why I asked if you liked the record or not. Your post does nothing to substantiate what was so "fucking pathetic" about it. And yes, honestly, I do take offense to your girl's comment, and your agreement to it. Because, how in the world, if you like these songs, concept, or any, all, or pieces of Perry's work from anytime could you disrespect the music to that level. "Pathetic"?! No , dude, you're "fucking pathethic."

Both you and your girl seem to be into some kind of idolizing "rockstar" trip. You are into getting autographs and pictures, interviewing "rockstars", getting in for free, etc...

I can appreciate a bad review, but your post gave nothing of a review, there was no critique at all. Just that you left early during "hard Life" and "celebrate" sucked. Again, I wasn't there, but I find that incredibly hard to believe.

This is something more like what I felt...
nexis wrote:I don't know about every show but from the one SP did in Orlando and from the youtube clips i've seen, Perry is really outdoing himself in terms of performance. His vocals have stepped up a notch from the old days and he's putting his whole heart into the performance. I was amazed/floored at what I was seeing/hearing and wish I could've seen more but they only did 1 show in the entire state of FL!
janesayssitdown
Be Live

RyanJustAdmitIt wrote:
hydro wrote:and im not directing this towards janesays just a general thought
unless youve been a fan of perrys since the 80's and eairly 90's and seen a show back then or desperatly wanted too then one just couldnt understand the essence of perry farrell and the unconditional love his long time fans have for him.To me its like you wouldnt go to your sons school play and leave eairly and say he sucked just because he might of had a bad day.......
...And this is getting more to the essence of what I was getting at. The negative trashing of the show originally...
janesayssitdown wrote:she knows her music, writes for some online magazines and shit like that.

anyways, i could go on and on about how awesome she is...but yeah, during hard life easy tonight i looked over at her and said "im ready to go when ever you are" and she said "ok lets go now."

so as soon as we got far enough away to talk she looked over at me and said "dude, that was fucking pathetic."

epic words from an epic woman.
...sounds to me like you are no kind of Perry fan at all.
ok, lets make a clear distinction here. were talking about two different things.

i am a "fan."
-i own hard coppies of everything since psi com.
-i enjoy his music
-i have seen him perform many times and enjoyed the majority of them.
-i have met him several times.
-i know basic facts about him.

you participate in "idol worship"
-to you he can do no wrong
-if him and his wife stood on stage for 3 hours making animal noises youd watch the entire thing
-youd steal items from him and make an alter to pray to him if you knew where he lived.

see, i am a perry fan. however, i do not worship him.
That's why I asked if you have liked his stuff since Jane's or not. Perhaps that's why you were beyond disappointed in something different. And that's why I asked if you liked the record or not.
sorry freud your theory doesnt check out, saw satellite party three times. the two other times were top notch.
Your post does nothing to substantiate what was so "fucking pathetic" about it.
well then you missed.....
jssd wrote:however, tahitian moon has been ruined for me, whatever soul the song had has been ruined, it sounded like a straight rock song. celebrate and hard life easy both BLEWWWW. the new guitarist couldnt do nunos parts or something.

if you want me to elaberate
-the guitarist really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really sucked. even the SP songs sounded like they were coming from a bad cover band.
-perry introduced the songs like he was playing at a county fair or something. "i like to party....out door partys are nice..... liike this party....detouuur.... sometimes i like to party outdoors in the water...... under the tahetian moon" :shock: :shock: :shock:
-perry played his greatest hits like he was at the county fair or something. the other times i saw them they ACTUALLY played satellite party songs.
And yes, honestly, I do take offense to your girl's comment, and your agreement to it.
you know what? if thats the case i take back the "fucking pathetic" i threw out there earlier. satellite party was only "slightly pathetic" in that case.

the fact that youre taking offense to some guy across the country who went to a concert that you didnt go to and didnt enjoy it as much as you thought he should........well thats fucking pathetic.
Because, how in the world, if you like these songs, concept, or any, all, or pieces of Perry's work from anytime could you disrespect the music to that level.
what the fuck? if it sucks it sucks. if it doesnt it doesnt. so are you telling me youve NEVER heard a song on the radio and though "damn, thats a good song" then later seen the band and thought "wow, they suck donkey dick." you must be like 8 years old if you dont understand this.
"Pathetic"?! No , dude, you're "fucking pathethic."
no, sorry. ive made my case. you, sir, are the pathetic one.
Both you and your girl seem to be into some kind of idolizing "rockstar" trip.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ryan-"waaaa waaaa waaaaa they made fun of perry!!!!!"

yeah...... im the one idolizing people.....

You are into getting autographs and pictures, interviewing "rockstars", getting in for free, etc...
yeah? is that what im into?

i dont even know whos ass you pulled that out of. i got perry to sign my copy of satellite party because he was standing next to me when i bought it. and it was brian posehns idea to take a picture with me. i dont have a picture with any other celeb or anyones autograph.

as for the interviewing, she finds it fun. most of the time though afterwards she just thinks theyre idiots. 80-90% of the people she interviews try to make some sort of move on her, because like you they assume shes all like "yayyyy rockstar!!!!"
I can appreciate a bad review, but your post gave nothing of a review, there was no critique at all. Just that you left early during "hard Life" and "celebrate" sucked. Again, I wasn't there, but I find that incredibly hard to believe.
yup. im wrong. let me explain my motives for all of those who were unsure about them.

see my first step was to find a perry farrell message board (an artist im not a fan of at all....)

my next step was to find a perry farrell concert and go to it. (remember, i dont like perry farrell)

then i go to the concert, of the artist im not a fan of, and this is the best part of my plan-leave midway through.

and i did that all so i could come back here to write a review, a review packed full of lies.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Japhy
Be Live

Post by Japhy »

Hey Mike, can you put up some camp looking smiley that i can use in a "this thread is gay" type quip?!

This shit is how wars start!! ;)

Japh
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

janesayssitdown wrote:

you participate in "idol worship"
-to you he can do no wrong
-if him and his wife stood on stage for 3 hours making animal noises youd watch the entire thing
-youd steal items from him and make an alter to pray to him if you knew where he lived.
is this considered "idol worshiping?? LOL I had more candles but my kid stole them all!! :lol:
Last edited by hydro on Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.