Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
intertwoven
Jedi

Post by intertwoven »

I'm on it! Thanks. :dance2:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Hey intertwoven, did you get hooked up with a ticket?
I hope so.
Not that it matters what I think but I think if Satellite Party was gonna juice anyone up with a ticket you're certainly deserving.
It makes me feel good to see a fellow longtime fan of Perry's interested in seeing what he's up to.
I hope you end up going and if you do please pop back in with a review for us.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
intertwoven
Jedi

Post by intertwoven »

Nothing's Shocking wrote:Hey intertwoven, did you get hooked up with a ticket?
I hope so.
Not that it matters what I think but I think if Satellite Party was gonna juice anyone up with a ticket you're certainly deserving.
It makes me feel good to see a fellow longtime fan of Perry's interested in seeing what he's up to.
I hope you end up going and if you do please pop back in with a review for us.
Thanks.. yeah, I'm just about getting ready to leave now.. but unfortunately I have yet to receive a confirmation call/email with the promised "further instructions". So I guess I'll just cross my fingers my name's on the will call list.
concertdude
Black Radio Club

Post by concertdude »

i will be wearing a pfp white long sleeve with devil face on front. i will be there between 930-945 and will have 2 extra tix
concertdude
Black Radio Club

Post by concertdude »

they are giving away 50 pairs of tickets - just email to your name to hardlifeeasy@gmail.com. looks like they will let everyone in. THIS IS GONNA BE A FUCKIN PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!
concertdude
Black Radio Club

Post by concertdude »

NOW PLAYING AINT NO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RyanJustAdmitIt
Power Tools

Post by RyanJustAdmitIt »

Oh Yeah!! Oh...Yeah!!! (done in 'Superhero" stylee of course!)

Can't wait to hear the updates and reviews. Loved how everything came together for the heads! Awesome! :party: :cheers: :alc:

(want to hear about enit at some future time too interwoven)
concertdude
Black Radio Club

Post by concertdude »

Just got back. Best sp show ever. They did summertime and all the usuals. It was fukin nuts. I was front row all night.amazing. And they took video. Night.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

lucky fucker's glad yall had a good time!!! we want PICS!!!!!
intertwoven
Jedi

Post by intertwoven »

I got there early (the venue is right on the beach, so it's a cool place to just hang out and watch the sunset). And Perry was just standing around for a second before soundcheck and he happily agreed to sign my NS cd cover. He was super nice and shook my hand and asked me if I had a ticket to the show. I said I was supposed to be on the list, but I didn't get confirmation so I was kinda unsure, and he got one of the crew guys to call another crew guy and make sure I was on the list. So fucking cool of him!
I was able to catch some of the soundcheck, which was very cool, too.
The opening band Mink was really fun straight-up rock (sweet cover of "Suffragette City").
Then Satellite Party rocked the fuck out.. with Perry jumping all around and shaking hands with the lucky fans like me up front. Everybody seemed to be singing along and loving it. I don't think I've ever sung along louder than that. I go to a fair amount of shows, and while I enjoy the vast majority of them, it's not too often I think to myself, "Wow, this is a good fuckin' show!" But I was definitely thinking that. For the encore, Mink joined the band for a lovefest of "Summertime", "Stop", and the closer "Jane Says", which almost got out of hand with the crowd flooding the stage.

pix@!
outside before the show.. san diego is quite lovely.
soundcheck!
possibly the creepiest photo i've ever taken..
cool shot from the opening band, Mink..
Perry gettin' love..
Etty..
more Perry
accidentally set my camera to a weird setting. kinda cool..

(I thought I got some great video of "tahitian moon", but sadly it disappeared off my camera.)
More pix here.. http://defgav.com/pix/satellite-party-07/