3/13/08 Pangea, Austin, TX [SXSW]

Archived Perry & Satellite Party tour dates, reviews, and info
nexis
One West

Post by nexis »

bman wrote: Nick SHREDDED like a young Dave.
I never got into the flash and "shredding" of Van Halen style guitar solos so much. Sure its impressive to an extent but masturbatory. I preferred the delicate mood and textural guitar stylings of say Robert Smith or Bernard Sumner.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

nexis wrote:
I never got into the flash and "shredding" of Van Halen style guitar solos so much. Sure its impressive to an extent but masturbatory. I preferred the delicate mood and textural guitar stylings of say Robert Smith or Bernard Sumner.
:yeay: Image
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

a couple more pics of perry found at grant from MINKs facebook photos
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 214&ref=mf
zdilla
L.A. Street Scene

Post by zdilla »

cool Stop!!! :)
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

What the hell are you people talking about? That intro to "Jane Says" goes back to the original Jane's. They started playing that around 1990.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oys37JFSXXQ

Honestly.
nexis
One West

Post by nexis »

Jasper wrote:What the hell are you people talking about? That intro to "Jane Says" goes back to the original Jane's. They started playing that around 1990.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oys37JFSXXQ

Honestly.
I just listened to them both back to back. Not the same. Carl is using mostly broken chord arpeggiations. Dave is strumming a different riff. Good video clip though thanks.
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

nexis wrote:I just listened to them both back to back. Not the same. Carl is using mostly broken chord arpeggiations. Dave is strumming a different riff. Good video clip though thanks.
He goes "widdly, widdly" a little bit. It's ornamented, but it's still the same intro. (though not as good, obviously).
nestos
Xenon West

Post by nestos »

nexis wrote:
That's so true !
The birds they build their home
Right above my head
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I thought Nick did a great job on such short notice.
He certainly didn't play any of the tunes not for note but he played them well none the less.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
nexis
One West

Post by nexis »

Well its good to see them back in action. I hope they keep playing out. It seems like Jimmy Buffet is always on tour, so why not SP too :)