bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

Just bought 2!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

bman wrote:Just bought 2!
there ya go bman :P have a great time and give perry all our love and take lots of pics :cool:
bman
Music Machine

Perry NYC

Post by bman »

Just got back from the Justice Tour show..some funny stuff...
No alchohol served! (road to recovery BS)..The night started out real bad. I was in the middle of a bunch of sober high school kids who were there pretty much to see there friends in one of the opening bands.. A lot of the songs had anti drug references..Finally after about an hour into this sober camp show Jerry Cantrell, Carl Restivo and Slash come out and do 1 or 2 songs..One being Wish you were Here..

Now to the highlight..Perry is still the man. He comes out and makes people laugh and smile like only he can. He, Carl and Etty open with a new song that is so so. By The way, Etty is SO goddam hot. They then do Pets..Then Slash, Tom and Jerry come out for a great mountain song. Perry is at home singing Janes tunes. They then finish with a great Aint no Right...although I don't really need to hear Etty singing background on this!

Perry needs to bring Jane's back out. That's where he belongs. He still has it. He can do 1 more tour. But he NEEDS to lose the scarf and wear his 91 clothes for this! His voice was good and he certainly can still rock. Although it needs to be a short farewell tour. They are all pretty much sober now. Jane needs to be high.

I was all happy to go home after that but then Perry comes back on stage to sing Superstition by Stevie Wonder. Nice Job..then it gets weird..He stays on stage for the rest of the show and sings background and dances like a background singer for the guy from Cypress Hill! It's really weird seeing Perry on stage singing back up. I don't like it all.

All in all mnt song and Aint no Right were great and made my night.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

bman you should have checked out the link hydro posted in another thread.
http://www.roadrecovery.org/
Then you would have known about the alcohol / addiction situation and it's relevance to this show.

As far as Perry doing background vocals it's a benefit show and I'd like to think Perry left his ego at the door.
He wasn't the only star there and you have to share the spotlight IMO.
In the videos from the show on the 15th everyone looks like they're having a blast.

It still sounds like you had a pretty good time for the most part.
I wish they would have brought this thing to Cleveland.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Shroomy
Radio Tokyo

Re: Perry NYC

Post by Shroomy »

bman wrote:..

. But he NEEDS to lose the scarf and wear his 91 clothes for this! His voice was good and he certainly can still rock. Although it needs to be a short farewell tour. They are all pretty much sober now. Jane needs to be high.
Ditto all that. The scarf is retarded looking. Spike their glasses with some Liquid X.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Shroomy wrote:
bman wrote:..

. But he NEEDS to lose the scarf and wear his 91 clothes for this! His voice was good and he certainly can still rock. Although it needs to be a short farewell tour. They are all pretty much sober now. Jane needs to be high.
Ditto all that. The scarf is retarded looking. Spike their glasses with some Liquid X.
sorry guys not trying to be bitchy,but id like to point out that in the oceansize video i just posted in the other thread,Perry was wearing a scarf and that was back in 91 and he does it cuz ,hes different and has a sense of style and that means looking different and being different.thats what makes him original.
spiking their glasses is funny shroomy but not necessary,when all 4 original member get together they will feel a natural high.

but i think when it comes down to it what we all want is to see blood,sweat and tears that night
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

hydro wrote:but i think when it comes down to it what we all want is to see blood,sweat and tears that night
We do? :shock:

hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jasper wrote:
hydro wrote:but i think when it comes down to it what we all want is to see blood,sweat and tears that night
We do? :shock:

haha, u know what i mean!!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Shroomy
Radio Tokyo

Post by Shroomy »

hydro wrote:. spiking their glasses is funny shroomy but not necessary,when all 4 original member get together they will feel a natural high.
:lol: A natural high? Guess it also means you won't be needing this?
:lol: just say no to drugs

just kidding hydro.