Jane's and NIN's 2009 Tour

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Yeah based on things the NIN and JA guys have been saying, I speculate that the end of the show will find members of ALL bands onstage.

And as for the wings?

Three Days, man. Three Days.

heheh

:biggrin:

Christ, I couldn't be more anxious myself.

Less than a month for my show. Can I make it that long? Will I explode in the meantime?

Christ.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mudget wrote:And as for the wings?

Three Days, man. Three Days.

heheh

:biggrin:
thats what I was thinking!!!

Mudget wrote:Less than a month for my show. Can I make it that long? Will I explode in the meantime?

Christ.
gawd it will be here before we know it *biting nails* :jumping: :cheers:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Ok, I wouldn't put TOO much into this, but Navarro recently posted a Twitter picture of some of his gear that he just took. Very small, but still visible, inside one of the guitar cases, a set list.

3 days Whores ANR Had a dad/pigs Then she did 1% / trip away Stealing Ted Mountain Ocean Beach Stop Jane Says
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mudget wrote:Ok, I wouldn't put TOO much into this, but Navarro recently posted a Twitter picture of some of his gear that he just took. Very small, but still visible, inside one of the guitar cases, a set list.

3 days Whores ANR Had a dad/pigs Then she did 1% / trip away Stealing Ted Mountain Ocean Beach Stop Jane Says

i tryed zooming in on that list could'nt make out nothing.

if I get to hear "then she did" played live right in front of me I WILL FREAK OUT!!!!!!! come to think of it ill be freaking out with every song :lol:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
scabdates
Radio Tokyo

Post by scabdates »

Yeah, that setlist is pretty sweet. Never ever thought I'd get to see Trip Away or 1% live, which I feel are hugely under-appreciated songs. Though I never thought I'd see Jane's live, after the events of 2004.

also, I think Pigs in Zen and Idiots Rule need to become pretty moderate in rotation, as they've become played rarely.
The sea is a very easy place
To disappear.. drift away
Fall asleep.. make your peace
scabdates
Radio Tokyo

Post by scabdates »

Thinkin' some more.... over the course of 3 concerts, nearly in succession, I expect to see Three Days, Then She Did..., Ted, Just Admit It..., Summertime Rolls, Trip Away, Chip Away. Really, I'd hope to hear the entire damn catalog over three dates, but that's probably insane. I wouldn't mind a touch of Strays at all, though I'd rather they focus on entirely new, bass-led tracks, as is the ambition.
The sea is a very easy place
To disappear.. drift away
Fall asleep.. make your peace
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Not sure if the day will ever come that Eric learns Strays songs. He's been quoted saying he didn't think the album even sounded like Jane's Addiction.

I love Strays. I don't put it in the same category as the early stuff, but I do love it. That said, I'm glad it's called "Strays", because I think it was a stray album.

So IF that set list is correct (and again, don't put too much into it, I'm sure they'd be switching stuff up occasionally anyway), starting with 3 Days and Trent Twittering about wearing "wings" or some such thing is all coming together. That's a big IF. I could barely read it myself (had to use Photoshop to mess with it until I could read it somewhat) - but someone else posted on that photo page, and they came up with the same list I did. IF it's correct, it looks like a killer set list to me. Three Days and Then She Did alone are worth the price of admission.

I just lost my dad in Jan. this year so if I get blasted with Then She Did and/or Had a Dad, I will be content. I'll be a big old mess, but a content one.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mudget wrote:
I just lost my dad in Jan. this year so if I get blasted with Then She Did and/or Had a Dad, I will be content. I'll be a big old mess, but a content one.
I hope you get to hear those,that would help sooth the soul.Sorry to hear about your loss.
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Thanks. It'll take a lifetime to get used to. But neither my dad nor I are scared of death - we tend to look at pre-life/life/death as one big interrelated and possibly eternal thing. So it's all good. And he was old and suffering so there was actually a spot of relief when he was finally able to move on.

Now with that bullshit out of the way ..... (Perry Farrell quote, heh)

On another note - that setlist doesn't mention the new songs, so again, not sure how accurate (if at all) it really is.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Sorry to hear about your Dad Mudget. :(

My Dad is still alive as far as I know and I'm pretty sure I'll have the same response as you if they do Had A Dad at the shows I'm hitting.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."