Warped
Be Live

Post by Warped »

hydro wrote:
Warped wrote:hydro i just found that, don't know if you have seen that already:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/guitarchae ... 134533767/

:cool:
OMG LOL I have not seen that yet!!!! AHHHH Thank you!!!! :P :biggrin:
:biggrin: Cool pic. I do an almost daily search for new pics as i want to do a big photo collage after the tour with the best pics found. And then i came across that one. It's simply cool.

I am going have a drink now. :cheers:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Nailed it

By Scott Tady, Times Entertainment Editor
Published: Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:54 PM EDT

BURGETTSTOWN — Trent Reznor insists Nine Inch Nails is on its farewell tour.

But at least one notable fan at the band’s P-G Pavilion show Wednesday remains skeptical.

“I doubt it,” said 98-year-old Bill Clark, when asked if his grandson, the Mercer, Pa.-raised Reznor, was planning to fold the pioneering industrial-rock band.

“I don’t think so. I haven’t heard him say that,” Clark added with the same proud smile he had displayed — often while standing and clapping — from about 20 rows back, center stage, throughout Nine Inch Nails’ searing 1-hour-45-minute set.

The Reznor family took up a whole row, joining a crowd of about 10,000 for an engaging show that was like a mini-Lollapalooza, headlined by Jane’s Addiction.

First up was Street Sweeper Social Club, a fusion of rock and hip-hop led by Tom Morello, one of the greatest guitarists of the post-classic-rock era.

Morello fired off those stinging, expressive riffs like in his days with Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave. His crisp, tight and potent playing came in handy when filling in for the shotgun and cash register sounds as the band covered M.I.A.’s “Paper Planes,”

Morello’s new vocal foil is hip-hop artist Boots Riley, who delivered his rhymes clearly and had a likeable stage presence, repeatedly reminding the audience that Street Sweeper Social Club truly is a club that encourages fans to join its socio-political crusading. “The wealth don’t trickle down,” Riley sang in the opening line of the band’s first song, with Morello later urging the crowd to join their mission “to feed the hungry, fight the power and rock out.” He then welcomed on stage new recruits, three of the four members of Pittsburgh’s politically-minded punk band Anti-Flag, who chipped in on the exuberant final song from SSSC’s debut album due out Tuesday.

Next on stage was Nine Inch Nails, with Reznor in his customary black attire, working out his angst with an emotional performance superior to the band’s 2006 Burgettstown concert with Bauhaus.

He dipped back to 1997, and his collaboration with David Bowie, for the mid-set standout, “I’m Afraid of Americans.” Reznor’s voice sounded huskier than normal, but that wasn’t detriment, as it actually leant gravity to his ultra-serious songs.

Reznor thanked the crowd and remarked that this was “the last time,” they’d see Nine Inch Nails as the band closed powerfully with radio hits “Head Like a Hole” and “Hurt,” the Reznor-penned song that gave Johnny Cash a late-career surge.

Nine Inch Nails and Jane’s Addiction have taken turns as headliners on this tour, and with such strong personalities at play, you’ve got to wonder if that’s caused friction, or at least awkwardness.

“Pretend it’s dark out,” Reznor said without a smile prior to his band playing a cut from 1999’s “The Fragile,” adding how that song would sound so much better cloaked by nightfall.

Following such an intense set by Nine Inch Nails, which had the bigger share of fans, Jane’s Addiction took awhile to fully rev up the crowd.

“See, the night wasn’t going our way, so we stole it,” Jane’s Addiction singer Perry Farrell remarked in a voice somewhere between flighty and boastful before his band tore into their smash 1990 hit “Been Caught Stealing.”

Jane’s Addiction gave the show a welcome dose of sexiness, flanked by two large artistic images of a naked woman, while guitarist Dave Navarro —you know, Carmen Electra’s ex- — waited just two songs before ditching his shirt, a move followed a few songs later by the trim and taut Farrell.

Farrell said it was a good night for baby-making music. “It feels like it’s moving slow, like the ocean,” he said in his charmingly loopy voice.

His band also finished strong with a four-song encore topped off by “Jane Says,” with its steel drum zest.

Scott Tady can be reached online at stady@timesonline.com
http://www.timesonline.com/articles/200 ... 000411.txt
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:
FaerieB.......you are a true artist and a wonderful person.Your jewlery is amazing and beautiful and sooooo creative.You put sooo much thought into your pieces.I will cherish my earings forever.I was able to give Perry and Etty the gifts you made them.They loved them and I will tell you more on the telly.
faerieb, I'll echo what hydro is saying.
I was standing right there when she was giving Perry and Etty your gifts.
She carefully explained to them what each piece was made of and many other details.

Both Etty and Perry seemed rally into hearing about the jewelry.
They also mentioned wanting to see you next time they are in the area.

I'm so sorry I couldn't do anything to help you to be able to hand deliver your art.
It was still great to see you and your hubby last night. :)
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

"Nine Inch Nails and Jane’s Addiction have taken turns as headliners on this tour, and with such strong personalities at play, you’ve got to wonder if that’s caused friction, or at least awkwardness."

They've taken turns at headlining? So that might be causing friction?

Oi.

I hate bad reporting.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Yeah Mudget I agree and this far into the tour to boot. :roll:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

The Reznor family took up a whole row, joining a crowd of about 10,000 for an engaging show that was like a mini-Lollapalooza, headlined by Jane’s Addiction.
funny I remember seeing the older couple back stage never dawned on me it was Trents family,which made me think...I never seen a trace of Trent back there,now we know he was spending time with his family. :)
Its funny,there are alot of great musicians that come from Ohio.thats because all we have is our music and dreams of being as big as the ocean......
the band covered M.I.A.’s “Paper Planes,”
love the flow and groove of this song and thought Street Sweeper sounds cool doing it
Jane’s Addiction gave the show a welcome dose of sexiness
yes they did and Perry was strutting his stuff as he should :biggrin:
there is a part in Then She Did where Perry rolls the dice,that looked pretty damn smooth Perry!! 2:00 mins into my video,gives me chills!!!!
at 5:26 into the song Etty surprises us in the pit.8:28 in Perry notices Etty in the crowd :love:

just some more random thoughts,I cant seem to stop thinking lol
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

Thanks to people for posting pictures, stories, etc.

Hydro - did you say you heard "Standing In The Shower..." during warmup? I wish I had recordings of every warmup, man. I'd make me a sweet "Best of Ninja Warmups" compilation. Then I'd sell it to you for a million bucks! :idea: :lol:

Just kiddin'!:biggrin:

See ya!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jasper wrote:Thanks to people for posting pictures, stories, etc.

Hydro - did you say you heard "Standing In The Shower..." during warmup? I wish I had recordings of every warmup, man. I'd make me a sweet "Best of Ninja Warmups" compilation. Then I'd sell it to you for a million bucks! :idea: :lol:

See ya!
"best of ninja warm-ups" hehehe

yeah if I had an extra million laying around id buy it :lol:

yes we did hear "Standing In The Shower" they were playing it as security was walking us in the room WARNING us "NOOOOOO cameras,dont even think about it" lol
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

hydro wrote:
Jasper wrote:Thanks to people for posting pictures, stories, etc.

See ya!
"best of ninja warm-ups" hehehe

yeah if I had an extra million laying around id buy it :lol:

yes we did hear "Standing In The Shower" they were playing it as security was walking us in the room WARNING us "NOOOOOO cameras,dont even think about it" lol
One more question; do you think you'll ever hear "Obvious" :?: :biggrin: