2009.06.14 Chevrolet Theatre, Wallingford, CT

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jasper, there where a few people in the pit going fucking nuts the whole show.
There were bare breasts and assorted random craziness throughout! :P

I dunno it was just a really god show.
It's hard to believe how much having the Jane's crowd adds to the show.

This venue was theatre size and pretty packed.
I dunno the exact numbers though and whether it was sold out or not.

I met a lot of cool people tonight.
CT is a really nice place.

Nice meeting you Anna! :kiss4p:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Recap: Jane's Addiction at the Chevy

Connecticut got no love when this spring's mega NIN/JA tour rolled through the Northeast, but that didn't stop Jane's Addiction from staying on the road for a few extra days and closing out their U.S. reunion tour at the Chevrolet Theatre on Sunday night.

Check out photos from the show.

Jane's may have been great saviors of substantive rock in the midst of the Los Angeles hair band scene of the late '80s, but Perry Farrell and Dave Navarro certainly still know how to work a crowd. The pair are rock stars to the highest degree, and the stage at the Chevy was barely big enough to contain them. Jane's was at once super-tight musically and joyously laid-back in demeanor. The show highlighted the band's earliest work, reaching an epic climax with "Mountain Song" (featuring Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello on guitar) spinning into the rave-up "Been Caught Stealing." Farrell grinned uncontrollably throughout the band's 90-minute set, and it was hard not to be on board with him when he claimed that the audience may never have this much fun again in their lives.

This was the band's first tour with original bassist Eric Avery since 1991, and it's hard to believe they ever made a go of a reunion without him. Avery was locked in song after song, playing with a steely resolve that, along with drummer Stephen Perkins, anchored the band in the midst of Farrell and Navarro's theatrics.

Connecticut didn't get Nine Inch Nails, but we were treated to an opening set from Street Sweeper Social Club, Morello's new project with Boots Riley of the Coup. It was a spectacular display of rock-rap that traded Rage frontman Zack de la Rocha's fiery intensity for Riley's super-smooth flow. Vintage Morello nevertheless was on display as he stomped and shredded his way through the set, even soloing with his teeth. On a mission to "Feed the poor, fight the power and rock f*** out," the quintet had the crowd on its side well before Farrell and Perkins joined them for the set-closing barn-burner "Nobody Moves Til We Say Go." Street Sweeper Social Club's self-titled debut album hits stores this week.
Posted by Brian Lee
http://connecticut.metromix.com/music/b ... 26/content

my favorite outfit on the tour so far!
:arrow: more photos here
Last edited by hydro on Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

The show was great! I was actually a bit concerend at first b/c the place was pretty empty before SSSC came on..By the time Janes played the place was packed an on fire..The crowd was more amped up than the other 2 NINJA dates I saw..Janes still gets the love and I hope they continue. What a tour!
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

bman wrote:The show was great! I was actually a bit concerend at first b/c the place was pretty empty before SSSC came on..By the time Janes played the place was packed an on fire..The crowd was more amped up than the other 2 NINJA dates I saw..Janes still gets the love and I hope they continue. What a tour!
bman it was an absolute pleasure meeting you and your sweetie.
I wish things would have worked out better after the show so we could have hung out. :confused:

Hopefully next time we'll meet up again.

Do you happen to remember what song they played before Standing In The Shower Thinking during warm-up?

I know it was 1% or Idiots but for the life of me I can't remember which one.
I'm getting old I guess. :oldtimer: :lol:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

1%!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Perry with Street Sweeper Social Club
"Nobody Moves Til We Say Go"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyZvMQoW3U
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jane's Addiction Rocks The Chevrolet
Moves Audience To A Frenzy With 'Mountain Song' Collaboration

By JACK CORAGGIO | Special to The Courant
June 16, 2009

They didn't stick around long, only 80 minutes. But the reunited Jane's Addiction didn't even need a full hour-and-a-half to convey one clear message to Sunday's Chevrolet Theater audience — the Los Angeles-based alternative rock band is once again open for business.

The Connecticut stop marked the final American date on this NIN/JA tour, the first road outing in 18 years for the band's four core members. But if they were tired from the past several weeks with Nine Inch Nails, who ended its leg of the tour Friday, or if this trip was little more than a quick moneymaker for the three-album group, they weren't letting on.

Vocalist Perry Farrell — who can shimmy, shake and strut with the fluidity of a career belly dancer — indicated to the near-capacity crowd that this wouldn't be a one-and-done reunion tour.

"Let's make sure that on every tour, this is the last place we go," exclaimed Farrell, before closing the night with a Caribbean rendition, complete with steel drums, of "Jane Says."

Of course, this soothing, island resort version of the band's signature tune wasn't indicative of the 12 concrete-chipping power-punkers that preceded it. It was more like a palate-cleansing sorbet after a heavy dish of pasta and spicy sausage.

Indeed, the show was raucous, roiling and periodically featured a friendly spotlight battle between Farrell and guitarist Dave Navarro. Navarro, showing that his rock 'n' roll bravado has not been softened by recent bouts with reality television, occasionally interrupted Farrell's upstage prancing with some deft note shredding, as in the methodical opener "Three Days" or the blistering "Pigs in Zen."

But perhaps the show-stealing moment came from Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello, whose new band, Street Sweeper Social Club, opened the show. When Jane's Addiction unleashed the crowd-pleasing "Mountain Song," Morello, guitar in hand, jumped onstage to provide a steroid shot to an already muscular jam. Before long, Farrell, Navarro, Morello and bassist Eric Avery were lined up at center stage, systematically bobbing back and forth like pistons firing.

The crowd went into a frenzy, particularly in the standing-room-only orchestra section, where seats had been temporarily removed to allow for better crowd surfing. And the band barely gave the people a moment to rest before barking dogs cued in the shoplifter's anthem "Been Caught Stealing," which prompted yet another rambunctious crowd reaction.
http://www.courant.com/entertainment/mu ... 8180.story
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

bman wrote:1%!
Thanks bman!

I swear I can't remember shit anymore. :lol:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:Perry with Street Sweeper Social Club
"Nobody Moves Til We Say Go"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tyZvMQoW3U
I grabbed video of this too.

I think mine sounds a little better but it doesn't look as good.

I'll put it up on youtube later today after I get done uploading pics.

It was really cool to see Perry come out and join them.
Perk was out there rocking out too! :cool: