2009.05.09 Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
jwild
Luddite

Photos from 05/09 Tampa Show

Post by jwild »

Just wanted to let you all know that I just uploaded some photos from the Tampa Jane's Addiction show on 5/9/09.

check them out here:

http://www.ishotyourband.com/archives/334
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Wow those are very sweet pictures.

Someone on another site said, "Man, Eric Avery looks like the dude from Hellboy" and in the shot where he's looking off to his left, he really does! lol

The last pic of Perry, him screaming, tail in shot, is amazing. It's my favorite of the bunch.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: Photos from 05/09 Tampa Show

Post by Mike »

jwild wrote:Just wanted to let you all know that I just uploaded some photos from the Tampa Jane's Addiction show on 5/9/09.

check them out here:

http://www.ishotyourband.com/archives/334
I was checking out your pics last night on flickr.
They're very nice.
Thank you for sharing them.

They're all really good but I like the ones with Perry wearing his hat best.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
jwild
Luddite

Post by jwild »

thanks, I was up till 4am getting them online lol.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

thank you for sharing jwild!!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Just spied this clip on youtube.

"NINJA in Two Minutes"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVhFRLGe7Wo
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here's another really nice photo set!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nascentia/ ... 878278349/
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

NINJA tour makes a stop in Tampa
Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction are OK; Street Sweeper Social Club crushes

Wade Tatangelo
Special to Metromix
May 10, 2009

Nine Inch Nails and Jane's Addiction were two of the hottest alternative rock bands in the world 20 years ago. Back then, they were cutting edge. This summer, they're mostly peddling nostalgia.

Saturday was the second night of the nationwide "NINJA" jaunt. NIN claims this is a farewell tour. JA has fans excited about a reunion - the band's fourth since breaking up in '91. A reported crowd of more than 12,000 arrived at the Ford Amphitheatre in Tampa to witness the loud stroll down memory lane.

NIN's much-ballyhooed light show suffered at the hands of a wicked sunset. The band took the stage at the totally un-goth hour of 7:50 p.m. and industrial icon Trent Reznor launched into a fierce rendition of "Terrible Lie" from NIN's pioneering 1990 debut "Head like a Hole." Reznor raged for 70 minutes while alternating between guitar and synthesizers - even making a tambourine sound menacing. But the incessant barrage of robotic rhythms peppered with occasional meandering instrumental soon grew old. NIN skipped their big hit "Closer" and ended the show with a sing-along-inspiring "Head Like a Hole." The band said goodbye but didn't vacate the stage. Reznor clutched the mic with both hands, rocked forward and unleashed his tortured anthem "Hurt."

A large screen displaying topless women set the scene for Jane's Addiction. The partition rose and out came jumpsuit-and feathered-boa-wearing freak show Perry Farrell. Despite his leaps from the drum riser, his sexually-charged hip thrusts and stage banter about not being able to get enough oral sex first thing in the morning, Farrell's antics felt forced. The band sounded tight but this reviewer had lost interest long before they trotted out "Jane Says."

On a most positive note, opener Street Sweeper Social Club completely crushed during its 30-minute opening set. The brainchild of Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine), the five-piece rock band found the guitar hero hammering out impossibly heavy and funky riffs alongside The Coup's gifted rapper Boots Riley, who spit an array of witty, inflammatory satirical rhymes largely concerning the social injustices of the day. SSSC unveiled cuts from its excellent, self-titled debut disc, which drops June 16. From the Molotov cocktail opener "Fight! Smash! Win!" to the closer "Nobody Moves (Til We Say Glo)," it was nothing but sharply focused adrenaline pouring out form the stage. The band also threw down a decidedly killer rendition of M.I.A.'s smash "Paper Planes," which found Morello recreating the signature gunshot and cash register sound effect on his guitar. Watching Morello clearly moved and inspired by his latest project, one couldn't help but wonder if maybe fellow early '90s stars Reznor and Farrell would benefit as well from fresh musical surroundings.
http://tampabay.metromix.com/music/conc ... 24/content
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Yet another amazing photo set! :shock:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomierna/t ... addiction/

I freaking LOVE flickr!