2009.05.12 Frank Erwin Center, Austin, TX

Post by ESFOS »

Show #4 :rockon:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

:rockon: bring it on!!! :biggrin:

I think its pretty awesome how with all the technology
we can see and hear every single show on the tour!!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

What I'm most looking forward to tonight:

1) NIN's setlist - they are REALLY mixing that shit up

2) Perry's leg - I expect no crazy jumping offa speaker cases this time. crutches?

3) JA setlist - I think we've seen almost everything we're going to see so far, except maybe Trip Away and perhaps Chip Away, and that's fine by me - I'm getting everything I wanted (Three Days, Then She Did, Ocean Size, Ted, Had a Dad, Summertime) - but it would just be soooo badass if they reached even deeper and pulled out some real surprises like Obvious, My Time, No One's Leaving, I Would For You, etc. - if they do that, then it's ON. Well, it's on anyway, but I'd have to pay attention every night of the tour. heh

4) Pre Sale ticket fiasco. I am very anxious to see if the NIN pre-sale tix fuck up as bad as they did in Atlanta, where lots of people either got in super late (missing all of SSSC, and most of NIN), or not at all. I got my pre-sale through NIN as well, because it was the first to go on sale. I'm moderately freaked out about this situation. I will be arriving at Starlight in KC like 3 hours ahead of time.

5) iPhone stuff. Was fucked up in Atlanta. AT&T had terrible service there or something so updates came in slowwwww on the NIN site. Hoping that was a rare occurrence.

6) Special guests. Now that NIN has had Saul Williams join them onstage, I wonder if we can expect special guests elsewhere.

Tune in to the continuing ultra-rock-concert soap opera that is NINJA!!
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

5/12/09
Austin, Texas

NIN

01. Mr Self Destruct
02. Sin
03. Terrible Lie
04. March of the Pigs
05. Heresy
06. The Becoming
07. Piggy
08. Not So Pretty Now
09. Survivalism
10. Gave Up
11. La Mer
12. The Fragile
13. Gone, Still
14. The Way Out Is Through
15. Wish
16. I Do Not Want This
17. Lights in the Sky
18. Dead Souls
19. The Hand That Feeds
20. Head Like a Hole

Trent Reznor: Sorry the show kinda sucked. We tried but most of you seemed like you couldn't care less.

Trent Reznor: Not one of our better shows. Despite our efforts we seemed unable to win over the crowd. Texas ends with a whisper.

:confused:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Between NIN and Jane's set.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
zdilla
L.A. Street Scene

Post by zdilla »

i think hydro would say , " perry on crutches is sexy".. :love: :peace: :rockon:
"Did you forget...That is who you are"--King Z Perry
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

No idea on the setlist at this point but they did do Three Days again. :cool:

Three Days
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwnhugv-ECg
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

dharmakaya
Black Radio Club

Austin Rock city!

Post by dharmakaya »

I went to Austin for the first time a few weeks ago and loved every aspect of the city. the Music scene and energy was amazing. I saw the Kills there with an opening band from Nashville and the crowd actually gave a fuck for the opener, Magic Wands. I met alot of people who were stll excited over the south by southwest JA show. NIN set list looked great, cant wait to see more reports on the Janes set. Austin is alot of fun, hell i love Nashville but would consider moving there. Plus i love LoneStar beer now, i cant find it in TN. Hopefully Perry was feeling no pain, i swear in Atlanta you couldnt tell and i was right in front of him.
Scrubbing up Berniece.