2009.05.20 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Irvine, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Mudget wrote:Oh thanks!

Yeah the Twittering is an inexact science to be sure. But I should have noticed TSD was missing. Duh.

Wow I can still upset Xiola people without even being there anymore.

There was also a very long-winded copy/paste job over there and people weren't sure who it was from, and someone (Hype, I think) suggested maybe it was the return of Krunk. Good old long-winded Krunk. Haha. No. Wasn't Krunk. Krunk has become decidedly less long-winded after several more years of journalism and teaching.

As for throwing shit at concerts - why do it at all. If you don't nail one of the performers, you're probably going to nail someone.

Still nothing compares to that Jesus Lizard concert where a bunch of idiots lit a whole blanket on fire and threw it into the crowd. That one resulted in burns and arrests.

I went ahead and posted this over at NIN.com in the Santa Monica thread (they had already closed the Irvine one)

===================================================
I also want to thank (this will shock some of you) Perry-Farrell.net (Nothing's Shocking is the shit), pheno_barb, and Xiola.org (gasp), because those three sources, combined with Access and Twitter, help me put a Jane's cap on these things at the end of the night.

I did however, miss one JA song for the Irvine set the other night - Then She Did should be squeezed between Pigs and Mountain. I doubt many people here care about little things like that, but it drives me nuts and pisses me off. I am trying to at least keep it 100% accurate. When I posted that set list without TSD, people over at Xiola apparently copy/pasted it and it caused a whole dramatic thread "OMG where's TSD????!!! DID THEY DROP IT??!!" - which is kinda funny, but probably my fault. I don't love Xiola but I don't go out of my way to fuck with them either.

Anyway, peace. And thanks to NS over at Perry-Farrell for pointing that out to me.
==================================================
Mudget you did a great job getting the setlist together.
Don't think for a second that I was complaining.
I just wanted to make sure we got the correction.

I was trying to gather it from Twitter and managed only two songs. :oops:
So as far as I'm concerned and like I said previously you did great.

I think it's sort of funny that it upset some at xiola but I have a twisted sense of humor.
There are a lot of folks over there I like and respect but there are a few there that ruin that place for me.

It was Hyper that mentioned you in one of his posts there recently.
He said something along the lines that he missed reading your posts.
He's a member here too if you want to shoot him a PM and let him know you're still around.

I don't get throwing shit either.
It interferes with the performance and someone could get hurt.
Like I said I was at a Lolla show in 1991 when Perry got hit in the face.
It sucked!
It ended the show and Perry had to be helped from the stage.
I think it may have even bloodied him.

The show I'm talking about is 8/5/91 Blossom Music Center, Cuyahoga Falls, OH in case you or anyone else want to seek it out.

Thank you very much for the kind words.
I try really hard to make this an informative, fun place for those that choose to come by.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

vikkivale wrote:Sweet! No...didn't see Jane but I didn't walk around much. Sounds like your shows will be well documented! ;)
I got the filthy one's back-up recorder in the mail today!
I'm shopping for a video camera but I'm hoping to just borrow one.
And I have my shitty compared to yours still camera.

People are going to think I'm nuts!
Well some already do but... :lol:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

www.lawomanphotography.com
Mudget
Xenon West

Post by Mudget »

Well for my money, this is the place to be if you're a Jane's fan.

Main reason I'm over at NIN all the time is because I'm almost (fingers pinched together) as big a fan of that band, and they have a super active community which is mostly positive and upbeat about the band they love.

I like a lot of the people at Xiola, too, and I think Sonny does a great job of collecting information, but I remember not only feeling like I was the only member who liked Strays when it came out, but I remember feeling like a dumbass for liking Strays while I was over there. After some deliberation, I had trouble squaring the fact that I was on a fan site where people were trying to convince me that JA sucked.

They seem to have mellowed (aged?) considerably since then (most of them), and they seem to be pretty gung-ho about Jane's again, thanks to the NINJA tour and the talent I knew the band had never lost. But that plus all the drama and people who go out of their way to be douches on a regular basis over there, caused me to drift away. I get what I need elsewhere now for the most part, and wish Jane's-heads had one catch-all place to do everything (much like the official NIN.com site is).

But until that day comes, I like the decor here. You do a great job here NS and although there aren't a ton of active folks here right now, the ones that do drop around are very cool.

Time to start paying attention to Mountain View, California.

:P

(Did I say I'd stopped being long-winded? cough)
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

innerturmoil
Be Live

Post by innerturmoil »

my audio of the whole show is now available. Check the relevant area.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

vikkivale wrote:My last vid...

Jane Says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEiBG6LLhFI
Your vids look and sound good.
What did you film with vv?
I ask because I'm planning on buying something to film with.
Nice camera work by the way. :cool:
I'm used to bouncing along with you when I watch your vids. :P
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

innerturmoil wrote:my audio of the whole show is now available. Check the relevant area.
wooo hoooo!!! :cheers: THANK YOU!!!! Going to have a listen now!
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

Nothing's Shocking wrote:
vikkivale wrote:My last vid...

Jane Says

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEiBG6LLhFI
Your vids look and sound good.
What did you film with vv?
I ask because I'm planning on buying something to film with.
Nice camera work by the way. :cool:
I'm used to bouncing along with you when I watch your vids. :P
lol that's because I'm usually in the pit!! ;) The point and shoot I use for videos is a Canon Power Shot SD770 IS Digital Elph.