2010.06.11 Rock In Rio, Madrid, Spain

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2010.06.11 Rock In Rio, Madrid, Spain

Post by Mike »

I just confirmed with Dave that that's the guitar he smashed to bits after the show yesterday.

After last night's show Dave and Dan were chatting about it on twitter:
davenavarro6767

Spain was great! Actually physically vented on an acoustic behind the stage! I don't break stuff for show, I go behind a curtain and do it

davenavarro6767

And then Tweet about it hahah
graceandmanners

@davenavarro6767 You do realize that you looked at me and mouthed "I'm gonna fucking kill you" right? You looked just like Dirty Harry.
davenavarro6767

HAHAHA I did? RT @graceandmanners: You do realize that you looked at me and mouthed "I'm gonna fucking kill you" right?
graceandmanners

@davenavarro6767 Damn straight you did! Rightfully so I guess. Ho-hum...
davenavarro6767

I'm sorry. You know I'd never really kill you, right? RT @graceandmanners: Damn straight you did! Rightfully so I guess. Ho-hum...
graceandmanners

@davenavarro6767 I know Boo... I know. J9 and I were laughing about it, and I told her you were gonna smash the guitar. I KNEW it. I know U.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Three Californian bands hit Rock in Río
By: thinkSPAIN , Saturday, June 12, 2010

DESPITE the wind and rain, Californian quartet Jane's Addiction managed to wow an audience of 30,000 at Rock City in Arganda del Rey (Madrid) yesterday.

One of the first groups to appear on the alternative rock scene in the 1990s, Jane's Addiction kicked off their act at the massive Rock in Río festival with Mountain song, from their 1988 album Nothing's shocking.

Alongside former Guns 'n' Roses bassist Duff McKagan, lead singer Perry Farrell's intoxicating act included drinking an entire bottle of wine whilst on stage, accompanied by two female dancers in transparent dresses and black corsets.

Prior to Jane's Addiction, Californian rap group Cypress Hill presented tracks from their latest album, Rise up, produced after six years off the scene.

The Californian trio was rounded off by Rage Against the Machine, whose performance was said to be one of the best of their entire career.

Rock in Río continues until Monday.
http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/18 ... ock-in-rio
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Good music and a lot of rain
June 12th, 2010 | Entertainment

Much water, little people and good music. This may be the summary of the fourth day of Rock in Rio Some 30,000 people, the lowest entry in the City of Rock, have enjoyed the concerts given by Cypress Hil, Jane’s Addiction and Rage Against The Machine (RATM), three bands that have already demonstrated long ago, many years who know what is the world of music.

They closed the day the band fronted by Zack de la Rocha and Tom Morello, the only original members of RATM. On stage dajado Madrid have known that a band decomposition (have announced that they are only on tour) can still arouse the masses. Messages anti-capitalist pro-globalization, sounded in ‘Enemy’, ‘Bulls On Parade’, ‘Guerrilla Radio’ or ‘Like a Bomb’, a funny thing in this musical theme park full of sponsors. Fans of the band chanted each of the songs, whose delirium has reached the last song ‘Killing in the Name’ (an anthem for followers) and a “thank you very much” given by De la Rocha, some fortunate, since the band has stopped broadcasting the concert TVE.

With three studio albums on the market and fourth in the oven, Jane’s Addiction has caused among his followers eternal love and eternal hatred among people who had listened to Cypress Hill or awaiting the arrival of RATM. The band led by Perry Farrell, which was presented on stage with two Asian models and a bottle of Spanish red wine, and guitarist Dave Navarro, has reviewed its limited but influential hits from ‘Mountain Song’ to start ‘Chip Away ‘with which he has finished the concert. Navarro has shown that it remains one of the best guitarists in active, as the riff he has shown in ‘Three days’. Then followed ‘Sex in violece’, ‘Superhero’ and ‘Jane says’, which has provoked the greatest applause. Farrell, within their particular show, also took time to remember their beloved Lakers and asked the audience to scream against the Celtics for the team and Pau Gasol.
http://www.rumorsplace.com/good-music-a ... f-rain-400
jimmydeviljames
Radio Tokyo

Post by jimmydeviljames »

duasol wrote:Rock in Rio usually streams the concerts (unless the band asks them not to). I found this link that might allow us to watch the Jane's show:

http://www.rtve.es/noticias/rock-in-rio/directo/
Hey i found this in case you guys havent seen it yet

http://www.rtve.es/mediateca/videos/201 ... 7799.shtml
http://www.myspace.com/aracadesoundau - I'm incredibly discerning
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

OUCH! :cry: :lol:

davenavarro6767

Ha! @graceandmanners with the wreckage of my not so distant past http://twitpic.com/1wsxcd
graceandmanners

'Jane' was murdered by @davenavarro6767 June 11th 2010 in Madrid Spain.' http://twitpic.com/1wszce
RIP = Rest In Pieces :P
Hidefumi
L.A. Street Scene

Post by Hidefumi »

I download DVD of Rio Madrid. It is good one. Thank you Janes Addiction.
leviticus
Black Radio Club

Post by leviticus »

I thought the boys sounded great on the DVD. Lot's of energy. Some truly great moments. I still cringe with some of Perry's antics and the absolute lack an any danger to these guys is a missing key ingredient. That aside, they are a phenomenal act when they are hitting their stride. Perry's showmanship is second to none. The art may be gone but the craft is fine tuned and sounds damn good.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Bumped for archival purposes.