Post by vikkivale »

My last video has finished uploading...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqvA1xLtb7U[/youtube]
www.lawomanphotography.com
spunkmuffin
Ripple Street

Re: Jane's Addiction - May 5, 2010

Post by spunkmuffin »

Those are awesome videos Vikkivale good job :nod: ...thats a blistering ANR...Perry's voice sounds really strong :heart:
TrevorAyer
The Co Co Club

Post by TrevorAyer »

great show vikkivale thanks for the upload and the filming was good too ... and to the janes guys .. nice job ... lots of great moments especially pigs in zen when he does the descending melody at the end of the breakdown ... totally classic version loved it and the new song is pretty good really stephen was bangin it out like he used to and i was just thinkin one of the great things about janes was that u knew it was a great song right from stephens drum intros or there are just so many drum patternes that stick in your gut more than the chorus sometimes (is there ever a chorus?) anyways the new song has that stephen magic and the music is pretty spot on good too and that leaves perry .. the only guy whose body has to come up with the actual sound .. tough work but i think he did better than usual this show for sure .. aint no right had some good moments and ocean size too ... ahem i still think he needs to hold his mic like normal instead like its a wine glass and eat the mic to get that old growl and attitude back .. other than that pretty fuckin good shit ..

thanks again for the beautiful recording of the show ... i bet a little eq on that audio track would go a long way toward bringing out the bass ..

http://www.trevorayer.org
TrevorAyer
The Co Co Club

Post by TrevorAyer »

and also just realized i missed the whores vid so i am going to complain that dave is still playing it really lazy .. it has an ascending riff AND a descending riff not just holding a power chord .. whats up with that dave??? as much as i love DANZIG it would have been a perfect promo movie u made if he had worn his janes addiction t shirt ... he looks like he is working for the band too ... oh well guess he was a rebel ... still a good show .. even had a dad had its moments
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

intertwoven wrote:
Handsome Mike wrote:I'll post a lot more about it once I get back to the hotel tonight but I'm off to do some research.
Right on. I'm probably more excited about the prospect of you digging up some new info on old Jane's shows in the LA library than I am about this show, to be honest. :lol:
I regret to report that I was unable to dig up any goodies today. :(
Erik and I made it downtown to the library but as soon as we got hold of the materials we planned to research the phone rang with the opportunity to see the band playing acoustic and we had to hightail it across town.

I'm a little bummed I couldn't nail anything down but to see the band in such a setting doesn't happen everyday and while the bands history is of great interest to me I'm not going to miss any of the here and now because of it.

Trust me when I say something very good came out of the situation and it turned into a win win deal that I imagine we yield a bounty of information.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Handsome Mike wrote:
Trust me when I say something very good came out of the situation and it turned into a win win deal that I imagine we yield a bounty of information.
did Perky give you his stash :P :biggrin: and not that kind of "stash" :lol:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
echo213
Luddite

05.05.10 LA Secret Show

Post by echo213 »

just saw this review on spin.com: http://www.spin.com/articles/janes-addi ... prise-show

wish i was there! would have loved to see Duff McKagan with the rest of the guys...
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

That OceanSize is great! Nice Videos...JA Fuckin Rocks...Hopefully some US summer shows..
hydro
Addict

Re: 05.05.10 LA Secret Show

Post by hydro »

Hi echo welcome to the site :) ,that's a nice review of the show!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Pandemonium
Black Radio Club

Post by Pandemonium »

LizardWiz wrote:If by "has it's perks" you are taking a stab at Mike and Eric for getting an invite by suggesting that it is some sort of an anomoly for administrators of a fan website to get some sort of preferential treatment, then you are probably wrong in most instances.
From yesterday's acoustic show at the Hollywood Guitar Center:

"perry acknowledged mike and praised him and said that he flew him out just to see the show."

'nuff said.