2010.10.17 Green Acres Estate, Beverly Hills, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
helicine
I Fix Shit

2010.10.17 Green Acres Estate, Beverly Hills, CA

Post by helicine »

Etty tweeted this last night (er well, retweeted from Tony Hawk)
Jane's Addiction is playing at our next Stand Up For Skateparks fundraiser! It's like Spicoli getting Van Halen to play at his birthday.
I checked out the website: http://standupforskateparks.org/

Looks like the next event is October 17, 2010 at Beverly Hills.
janesaddiction.org
hydro
Addict

Re: Jane's Playing @ Stand Up For Skateparks

Post by hydro »

Tony Hawk is Awesome! I love reading his tweets,he does such great things! Last year he was playing this game with his followers on twitter,where he would leave clues to hidden skateboards and such in random states and citys.
like:behind the dumpster at McDonalds on 42nd st in such and such town.The kids would go scrambling! :lol: :thumb:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

:shock: :rockon: If only I had $350! Just went to the link on the site to buy tix... Maybe if I hit a scratcher! :)
www.lawomanphotography.com
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

vikkivale wrote::shock: :rockon: If only I had $350! Just went to the link on the site to buy tix... Maybe if I hit a scratcher! :)
If I hit a scratcher! :lol:
I hear you but it's for a good cause and that's the thing to remember.
I think it's cool that the guys are doing their part to help.

If I hit the lotto this Summer I'll pick you up. :)
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

From a friend who took his son last year, I know Perry was also at the fundraiser with his family last year--not playing, just attending.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

tvrec wrote:From a friend who took his son last year, I know Perry was also at the fundraiser with his family last year--not playing, just attending.
Yeah, there is a pic or two of him on the site from last year.
janesaddiction.org
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

tvrec wrote:From a friend who took his son last year, I know Perry was also at the fundraiser with his family last year--not playing, just attending.
I remember reading about Perry going last yr too.
I think this video might be from a couple yrs ago.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SH_oDmJYvY[/youtube]
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

2010 Stand Up For Skatepark Celebrity Fest
By The Editors August 24th, 2010.

Tony Hawk’s annual Stand Up For Skateparks Fund raising is going down in billionaire Ron Burkle Beverly Hills, California estate again this year. (As some might remember Burkle own’s Skateboarder Magazine parent company Source Interlink.)The October 17, 2010 event will feature a performance by Jane’s Addiction.

The exclusive event will feature games, activities, food, live and silent auctions, a Vert Demo by Tony Hawk and an all-star cast of pro skateboarders and BMX riders on Tony’s personal ramp, and a special set by Jane’s Addiction that promises to make for a unique, intimate, and one-of-a-kind event.

If you want to attend tickets are $350 a piece (on the low end) and $20,000 for the “Platinum Package” which allows the buyer to bring a 19 person entourage to the event, shower them in Tony Hawk gifts and goodness, and hang out with people like: Shaun White, Andre Agassi, Lance Armstrong, Jamie Lee Curtis, Miley Cyrus, Michael Eisner, Jon Favreau, Mia Hamm, Mat Hoffman, Terry Kennedy, Chuck Liddell, Howie Mandel, Sal Masekela, and Paul Rodriguez, Jr.

For more info follow the jump.
Jane’s Addiction Stand Up For Skateparks

Perry Farrell and company will perform at Tony Hawk Foundation fundraiser in Beverly Hills.

Tony Hawk spins the elusive 900 during the Vert Demo at Stand Up For Skateparks. Photo: Jody Morris
8/24/10 (San Diego, CA) — L.A. rock legends Jane’s Addiction will headline the musical program at Tony Hawk: SHRED Presents Stand Up For Skateparks, the annual fundraiser benefitting the Tony Hawk Foundation and its mission to create free, quality skateparks for at-risk youth throughout the U.S.

Tony Hawk: SHRED Presents Stand Up For Skateparks takes place Sunday, October 17, 2010 at the home of Ron Burkle, Green Acres, in Beverly Hills, California. The exclusive event will feature games, activities, food, live and silent auctions, a Vert Demo by Tony Hawk and an all-star cast of pro skateboarders and BMX riders on Tony’s personal ramp, and a special set by Jane’s Addiction that promises to make for a unique, intimate, and one-of-a-kind event.

Jane’s frontman Perry Farrell is a longtime supporter of the Tony Hawk Foundation and a member of the event’s Benefit Committee, which also includes Tony Hawk, Shaun White, Chantal and Stephen Cloobeck, Andre Agassi, Lance Armstrong, Ron Burkle, Jamie Lee Curtis, Miley Cyrus, Michael Eisner, Jon Favreau, Leeza Gibbons, Robin and Danny Greenspun, Mia Hamm, Mat Hoffman, Terry Kennedy, Bobby Kotick, Chuck Liddell, Howie Mandel, Sal Masekela, Andrew and Trina Pascal, Paul Rodriguez, Jr., and Elaine Wynn.

“Music of Jane’s Addiction flying through the air, Tony Hawk flying through the air, that’s a party!” said Perry Farrell.

“Whenever asked about my favorite bands of all-time, Jane’s Addiction is always at the top of my list,” said Tony Hawk. “It will be a dream-come-true to have them play at our event.”

Tony Hawk: SHRED Presents Stand Up For Skateparks launched in Los Angeles in 2004, and has become the must-go charity event for young families and action-sports fans. Now in its seventh year, the event has played a critical role in helping the Tony Hawk Foundation bring quality, accessible skateparks to youth in 463 communities nationwide. Tony Hawk: SHRED Presents Stand Up For Skateparks is made possible through the support of Activision, Ex Drinks, Mondrian Los Angeles, Dynacraft, Quiksilver Foundation, and T-Mobile USA.

In addition to many new activities, this year’s event will include a special Pledge Drive for a skatepark in Long Beach, California. With a high concentration of youth, few recreational opportunities, and one of the most ethnically diverse populations in the country, Long Beach’s Central neighborhood is home to a grassroots community effort to build a skatepark. This project will offer youth in the Long Beach urban core a place to be safe, active, and engaged. The Pledge Drive at Tony Hawk: SHRED Presents Stand Up For Skateparks will help make these kids’ dream of a free, quality, local skatepark a reality.

Information about Tony Hawk: SHRED Presents Stand Up For Skateparks, including tickets and sponsorship opportunities, is available at http://www.standupforskateparks.org. There you can also view some one-of-a-kind auction items, including signed memorabilia, unique experiences, and much more!

Read more: http://www.boardistan.com/?p=17492#ixzz0xi9vFd4c
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jane's Addiction to Perform at Tony Hawk Benefit
* Posted on Sep 1st 2010 12:00PM by John D. Luerssen

Jane's Addiction have long been favorites among skateboarders, so it only makes sense that the Los Angeles alt-rock legends would join forces with Tony Hawk for his annual fundraising initiative. The skateboard giant has tapped the Perry Farrell-fronted foursome to headline his Oct. 17 "SHRED Presents Stand Up for Skateparks" event in L.A.

"Music of Jane's Addiction flying through the air; Tony Hawk flying through the air, that's a party!" Farrell said in an official announcement. Farrell is both a longtime supporter of Hawk's foundation and a member of the event's benefit committee, which also boasts luminaries like Shaun White, Chuck Liddell and, uh, Miley Cyrus.

"Whenever asked about my favorite bands of all-time, Jane's Addiction is always at the top of my list," Hawk added. "It will be a dream-come-true to have them play at our event."

Slated to be held at the private Beverly Hills residence of Forbes 400 billionaire Ron Burkle, the gala will support the Tony Hawk Foundation in its efforts to build free skateparks for at-risk youth. The focus of this year's Stand Up for Skateparks event will include a special pledge drive for a proposed skatepark in Long Beach, Calif.

In addition to the Jane's performance, the event will feature demonstrations by pro BMX riders and skateboarders, including Hawk. The skater first launched the Stand Up for Skateparks charity event in 2004.
http://www.spinner.com/2010/09/01/janes ... k-benefit/
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Etty tweeted this yesterday.

http://twitpic.com/2qgt3s
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."