2010.07.02 The Roxy Theatre, West Hollywood, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

Re: Jane's Playing In Hollywood On July 2nd

Post by hydro »

Whores & Aint No Right
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YtIMai2YfE[/youtube]
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jane's Addiction Go Back to the 'Good Old Days' in L.A.
* Posted on Jul 3rd 2010 12:00PM by Steve Baltin

Late in Jane's Addiction hour-long set at the Roxy on L.A.'s Sunset Strip Friday night, Perry Farrell reminisced with the crowd about playing the club back in 1987 and the band's experience of recording its debut album live. "All of the record executives were eating out of our hands because they all wanted to sign Jane's Addiction," Farrell said. "Those were the good old days."

But no one who remembers Jane's from back in the day needed to be told that this show was special, too. Returning to the Roxy for a special "fans" show as part of the BING Sunset Strip Concert Series, original members Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro, drummer Stephen Perkins and new bassist Duff McKagan, himself no stranger to the Strip, turned the clock back almost 25 years.

As the curtain rose a few minutes after 10PM, a striking redheaded woman began to do a striptease, bringing back memories of the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow of Farrell's Lollapalooza tours in the '90s by running long needles through her lips and mouth. All of this took a matter of moments before she and a brunette on the other side of the Roxy stage were hung in harnesses and swung over the crowd while the band took the stage and ripped through opener 'Whores.'

The ladies stayed in the air, getting occasional pushes from Farrell and Navarro, for 'Whores' and 'Ain't No Right.' During the week, Farrell wrote on Facebook of looking for a local performance artist to "startle my friends." As in 1987, Jane's Addiction found that inciting the crowd with a combination of rock and visual shock is something they can still pull of better than anyone.

The crowd basked in being able to see the band in such a hallowed and intimate spot. Farrell, who by the end had his shirt all the way open, basked himself, telling the throng that hearing them yell for him inspired his swagger and strut. It called to mind the fury with which he first attracted L.A.'s attention in the '80s. The band's power and tightness ran as aggressively and loudly as a '78 Trans-Am.

During the epic 'Three Days,' Navarro, McKagan and Perkins united into one long, hypnotic, pulsating rhythm. A scintillating 'Ted, Just Admit it,' meanwhile, felt as provocative and dangerous as it did 20 years ago as the whole venue chanted, "Sex Is violence."

In a recent interview with Spinner, McKagan said, "The world needs new Jane's Addiction songs." This night proved him right, as the band reminded everyone just how intoxicating the mix of sexuality, art and real rock 'n' roll can be.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/07/03/janes ... ys-in-l-a/
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Three Days
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwgnZGUOxhs[/youtube]
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Been Caught Stealing
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koofthT3em4[/youtube]
LizardWiz
Radio Tokyo

Post by LizardWiz »

Man that fucking show kicked ass.
The energy was there.
The feeling was there.
Those dudes brought it.
It was exciting!
It was beautiful...
:heart:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

LizardWiz wrote:Man that fucking show kicked ass.
The energy was there.
The feeling was there.
Those dudes brought it.
It was exciting!
It was beautiful...
:heart:
:rockon: :cheers:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Had A Dad
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaMfcWOoH9c[/youtube]
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

I was so mesmerized last night that I didn't take many photos. But here is what I got...
IMG_5717.jpg
IMG_5732.jpg
IMG_5741.jpg
IMG_5742.jpg
IMG_5743.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.lawomanphotography.com
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

IMG_5744.jpg
IMG_5745.jpg
IMG_5747.jpg
IMG_5750.jpg
IMG_5751.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

IMG_5762.jpg