2010.12.30 & 31 Belly Up Aspen, Aspen, CO

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Charles
One West

Re: Aspen

Post by Charles »

Didn't they do two shows? The 30th and 31st? Or just the 31st?
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

two shows..nothing on youtube really..no fans were there..no one cares. kinda lame if you listened to Dan on Daves show.
Hidefumi
L.A. Street Scene

Post by Hidefumi »

Too cold. I like weather is warm.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

This poster is beautiful. I only hope that they can get something really good done for the forthcoming album.

The cover of Strays was no good, and this album is probably going to be far better than Strays, so it needs a much better cover.
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

I'm digging this poster. It's also something different than the MFG images they've been relying on. Nice.
spunkmuffin
Ripple Street

Post by spunkmuffin »

Jasper wrote:

The cover of Strays was no good, and this album is probably going to be far better than Strays, so it needs a much better cover.
The cover for stray'z was crap Jasper :nod: ....How that even passed by the band trips me out.....Not the right tone to set on a new Jane's album...The new album talk soundz yummy...layers and tempo shifts, ... keep'z it from becoming boring..A little meat to chew on...Im starving for Jane's in full flight...fingers and toes crossed :heart:
spunkmuffin
Ripple Street

Post by spunkmuffin »

Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

Nice. :lol:

That photo does a good job of illustrating how the band are currently situated with regards to the possibility of them releasing an album that pleases their core fan base. :nod: It kind of goes back to what Perry was talking about in that Rolling Stone article...something about escaping the expectations (of failure) of the fans.

I'm rooting for them to pull it off. It would be quite a feat.

P.S. I don't think the band liked that Strays cover. From what I remember, it was a last-minute record company substitute for the artwork that Perry had wanted to use, which featured nude drawings or something like that.
spunkmuffin
Ripple Street

Re: 2010.12.31 Belly Up Aspen, Aspen, CO

Post by spunkmuffin »

Harry Houdini iz still magical to me...kinda looks like old jane's art in a cool way....I'd run with sumpthing like that ;)