Post by helicine »

:rockon:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2011.05.01 Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, Spring, TX

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:hydro is going to Buzzfest :rockon: :wiggle: :biggrin: :yeay:

my bf's mom lives in TX,we both grew up there,I haven't been to TX in 20yrs :P they live about 20mins from the venue.
That's awesome!
Have fun young lady! :cheers:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I just got off the phone with hydro and she said the show was great.
One highlight she mentioned was Perry announcing that Osama Bin Laden was dead. :applause:

I'm sure hydro will have plenty more to say when she gets home but here's the setlist from tonight's show.

Whores
Ain't No Right
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit It...
End To The Lies
Been Caught Stealing
Three Days
Mountain Song
Ocean Size
Stop!
Jane Says
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote:One highlight she mentioned was Perry announcing that Osama Bin Laden was dead. :applause:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH40eVNNheM[/youtube]
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Well it's awesome to say I've seen Jane's in Texas,I grew up there and first started to listen to JA there. this was my first time back to TX in 22yrs. It was a family vacation to go visit my boyfriends parents and family all from TX who just all moved back from Vegas. His parents live off of Lake Livingston in Cold Springs just about 62 miles from the venue in The Woodlands.
we arrived half way through the day, there weren't many bands we wanted to see other than Social D and JA who were last on the bill. Social D was amazing to see! my first time seeing them live :biggrin: Mike Ness was looking HOT!!! and they put on a great show!
It was wonderful to have vip parking, the venue was huge and all parking was pretty much taken,even the paid parking was full so we would have had to walk a mile. the venue SUCKS!!!!!!! security out the ass( which I was warned about) girls couldnt even take in purses. It took 25 mins just to walk to the 2nd stage, 24oz of beer $12?!?!?! Really?? lol
we had good seats in the pavilion.
They opened with Whores with the suspension girls which was very cool to see live! They only did that one song.
I thought Perry sounded great,it seemed like a short set with 10 songs.
as Perry was going into ETTL he said something along the lines of, all this guy did was a bunch of drugs and fucked a lot of chicks. After the song Dave came up to Perry and whispered something in his ear then Perry announced Bin Laden was dead!!! I dont think anyone knew how to react at first, we were all a lil in shock then people started cheering and chanting.Perry made it very clear a couple different times that he loved all people and all races, but he was happy this mother fucker was dead!
I would say the highlights for the crowd was Just Because,BCS and Jane Says.
the highlight for me was hearing End To The Lies live and it was also cool seeing Chaney for the first time.
I realized my camera sucks ASS!! my videos are distorted and are shit I might load a couple idk...
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

heres a lil better vid of Perrys announcing Laden is dead...I also have it recorded but ya cant hear it quit as well
[yt]http://youtu.be/khEQql_3G-I[/yt]
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
mothra665
Räji's

Post by mothra665 »

:thumb:

good times!
great review :!:
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Bumped for archival purposes.