Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

2011.07.23 Seaside Park, Bridgeport, CT

Post by hydro »

http://www.gatheringofthevibes.com/janes+addiction
Jane’s Addiction, Furthur, Elvis Costello head Gathering of the Vibes 2011
By Alex Young on March 14th, 2011 in Festival

I think someone on my Facebook news feed summed it up best: here’s the most surprising festival lineup of 2011. The jam-centric Gathering of the Vibes Music Festival will return for its 16th incarnation July 21-24 at Seaside Park in Bridgeport, CT, and it will bring with it jamheads Furthur, the legendary Elvis Costello (who will be backed by the Imposters), and… Jane’s Addiction. Really, really.

The rest of the lineup is a bit more by the book: moe., Levon Helm Band, John Butler Trio, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Dark Star Orchestra, and Dr. John and the Lower 911 are among the other confirmed notables, while acts like The New Mastersounds and Big Gigantic will hold down the late night stage.

A second round of 2011 acts will be made within the next 2 weeks, and you can keep track of all the latest updates at our GOTV Festival Outlook page.

Advanced camping and VIP passes are priced at $205.00 and $420.00, respectively, and are now available via the festival’s website.
http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/03/j ... ibes-2011/
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Re: 2011.07.23 Seaside Park, Bridgeport, CT

Post by hydro »

so how far from Ohio is Connecticut :headscratch: I would love to see Jane's in this environment :hippie: :hydro: :hippie:
the set list should be:
Ripple
My Time
Summertime Rolls
City
My Cat's Name Is Maceo
Slow Divers
LA Medely
Kettle Whistle
encore:Trip Away

“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
bman
Music Machine

Post by bman »

I'm going..But I bet it's the StanDard festival set..
Beach,Mountain, Aint No Right, Ripple 30 seconds, 3 days, whores, Caught Stealing, Ted, Ocean, Summertime, Jane Says.
ESFOS
Radio Tokyo

Post by ESFOS »

Kind of a weird line up from a janes perspective.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

bman wrote:I'm going..But I bet it's the StanDard festival set..
Beach,Mountain, Aint No Right, Ripple 30 seconds, 3 days, whores, Caught Stealing, Ted, Ocean, Summertime, Jane Says.
I have a feeling you may be one of the luckiest Jane's fans on the planet tonight and that these guys may bust out Ripple seeing as this is sort of a Dead fest.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I also wouldn't be surprised if they did something or another in memory of Amy Winehouse.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jane's Addiction "nothing's shocking" / Perry talked about Stephens brother Mark and how proud he would've been that Stephen is playing with members of the Grateful Dead.
http://twitpic.com/5uwn92
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Heat Breaks For Vibes Fest As Jane's Addiction And Costello Seize The Day

By JACK CORAGGIO
The Hartford Courant
12:01 a.m. EDT, July 24, 2011

BRIDGEPORT—The weather turned a bit more agreeable Saturday, the third day in the four-day Gathering of the Vibes endurance fest. Until Saturday, the jam festival was trapped under an unbelievably miserable heat wave that blanketed the East Coast, but with a slight humidity break, attendees took best advantage of the massive music event.

All day, Long Island Sound was filled with swimmers and lazy boats. On dry land, two stages (three including the tent-covered School of Rock Stage for standout kid musicians) emanated good tunes and equally good vibrations for a well-done crowd now flirting with its own limitations.

A crowd no fewer than 25,000 people naturally enjoyed jam rock bands like moe and local-boys-done-good Deep Banana Blackout. And as it was an otherwise tragic day in pop music, the Bridgeport-based band, a yearly staple at the festival, honored Amy Winehouse's passing with a quick version of her breakout hit "Rehab."

But the show certainly took a step in a new musical direction this year with the addition of New Wave master Elvis Costello & The Imposters and ferocious alt-rock group Jane's Addiction.

Indeed, as Jane's Addiction blared the raw energetic rebellion of "Mountain Song" across the crowd, it stood in stark contrast to the happy hippie themes of times past. But the brilliant Costello showed that an alternative pop star had the jam chops needed to blend, notably on the aquatic "Watching the Detectives."

The festival that knows no sleep sounds it last at 8 p.m. tomorrow, after anticipated closer John Butler Trio packs it in.

Copyright © 2011, The Hartford Courant
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/hc ... 2162.story
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike wrote:Image
Jane's Addiction "nothing's shocking" / Perry talked about Stephens brother Mark and how proud he would've been that Stephen is playing with members of the Grateful Dead.
http://twitpic.com/5uwn92

reading though some of the comments on Deadheadland FB and looks like the guy who runs that page was a good friend of Stephens brother Mark.
Deadheadland: Me being a "newer" head in the late 80's, Mark would always call me after shows to get my opinion, since I wasn't jaded yet. Mark was a rail rat, always in the front of the line, and close to Jerry.
I know how proud Mark was of Stephen, he tols me all the time, and every time I see Stephen share a stage with Bobby or Mickey etc. I can't help but feel it too.
Deadheadland Mark passed in 93. I was on my way to Cal Expo, and almost called him to see if he wanted to go - though I knew he always planned shows, was not as spontaneous as me. He died that same afternoon that I was driving to Sac... go figure. Death Don't Have No Mercy.
~♥~ to Mark Perkins 4ever. If there is anything after, he is hanging with Jerry, and looking down on us with love!
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Setlist

Whores
Ain't No Right
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit It...
[in the flesh - instrumental]
Up The Beach
Ocean Size
Three Days
Bobhaus
[banter]
Been Caught Stealing
Summertime Rolls
End To The Lies
[sparks - instrumental]
Mountain Song
[drum solo jam]
Stop!

Encore:
[banter]
Jane Says

not only do you get Whores back into the mix, but motherfucking Bobhaus for the first time in over 20 fucking years?!??!
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org