2011.07.25 Terminal 5, New York, NY

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2011.07.25 - Terminal 5, New York, NY

Post by Mike »

BabysThumb wrote:...no no no. I did not just here Perry lip sync most of Irresistable force...

Very disappointed.
I don't think you did.

When I was watching the live stream it kept crapping out on me and I got the bright idea to try one of the other camera feeds during the middle of Been Caught Stealing in hopes that it would improve the stream.
As a result I wound up missing almost all of Irresistible Force but thankfully they replayed the whole show.
From what I could tell I think they might be using a backing track on it and if that's the case I don't mind.
I dunno for sure though exactly what they did but I did like the song and the show for that matter.
It's really hard to say what was going on there even though I watched it twice.
The song is so new that nobody has heard the whole thing yet and this was of course its live debut.
I guess what I'm trying to say is I need to hear the studio version so I can compare it to the live version.
Maybe the guys feel like it needed a backing track to fill it up and make it closer to the studio version?

At any rate it was a fun way to spend a Monday night and even though I'd of rather been at the show I had a good time kicking back in the Lazy-Boy watching.

The setlist was as follows:

Whores
Ain't No Right
Just Because
Ted, Just Admit it...
Been Caught Stealing
Irresistible Force
Up The Beach
Ocean Size
Three Days
Mountain Song
Stop!

Encore:
Jane Says
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Mountain Song

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wWECbnrIAU[/youtube]
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Glad some of you were able to watch it, I bailed early on - I literally was getting 20 seconds of show followed by 20 seconds of buffering over and over and over. Hopefully a good recording of the whole show surfaces :nod:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:Glad some of you were able to watch it, I bailed early on - I literally was getting 20 seconds of show followed by 20 seconds of buffering over and over and over. Hopefully a good recording of the whole show surfaces :nod:
Yeah that whole deal with the stream buffering was extremely annoying and made it hard to watch.
Thankfully they replayed it right after and it worked a whole lot better.

There's a really nice photo gallery from the show here:

http://newyork.metromix.com/music/essay ... 87/content
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Pre-show interview with Dave.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYM6WmCMzxA[/youtube]
Maxim and Wired.com speak with Dave Navarro of Jane's Addiction before world's first 3D user-generated concert.
Sojourner
Variety Arts Center

Post by Sojourner »

All in all I had very good quality and thought the producers did very well. Like you Mike I changed cams once and never again, lol.
“With a bracing combination of metal, punk, and psychedelica, coupled with lead singer Perry Farrell's banshee-in-a-wind tunnel vocals”...
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Sojourner wrote:Like you Mike I changed cams once and never again, lol.
What a mistake that was. :thumbdown:
I just figured with the stream I was watching stopping to buffer over and over that maybe I'd have better luck on one of the other camera feeds.

Boy was I wrong.
No harm done though I suppose seeing as they re aired strait away and I was able to watch it with no problems. :cool:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfa4wxEAyt0[/youtube]
LG Mobile and alternative rock pioneers, Jane's Addiction, made innovation history last night at the world's first 3D user-generated concert broadcasted live on YouTube to be later broadcasted on YouTube 3D. At a packed Terminal 5 with 1,500 guests in Hell's Kitchen, New York, more than 100 ticket holders selected by LG and Jane's Addiction received a rare opportunity to be the first to experience LG Thrill 4G™ and capture live, 3D footage of the exclusive Jane's Addiction performance. Equipped with a stunning 360° stage that allowed for surround-sound and panoramic viewing, the concert also featured LG CINEMA 3D TVs throughout the venue to help put every attendee directly into the action. This unique concert experience was part of LG's "Bring Your World Alive" campaign empowering consumers to experience the benefits of mobile 3D entertainment by creating content that is unique and personal.
I'm looking forward to the 4th to see how this turns out.
I'm not real big on the commercial aspect of this but the concept is pretty cool and certainly cutting edge.
If I'd of been one of those 100 people that got one of the phones to film with I'd be pretty jazzed if any of my footage wound up getting used.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Jane’s Addiction Shock and Rock at Free New York Show
by: Spencer Kaufman Yesterday

Ultimate Classic Rock

Jane’s Addiction were filmed in 3D for their special free concert at New York’s Terminal 5 on Monday night (July 25), and frontman Perry Farrell showed off his three-dimensional personality at the intimate club gig.

In what amounted to be a relatively short set — the show was free, after all — Jane’s delivered a powerful performance. The gig started out in provocative fashion with two scantily clad female dancers suspended by hooks attached to body piercings as Farrell and company kicked off the set with ‘Whores.’

Farrell engaged in a good deal of banter with the audience throughout the night, sharing memories of his New York upbringing as Perry Bernstein and throwing in a humorous bit about being him being a real NYC stud.

The musical highlights of the night came from the band’s first studio album, ‘Nothing’s Shocking,’ with tunes like ‘Up the Beach,’ ‘Ocean Size’ and ‘Mountain Song’ (see video below) generating the biggest reactions from the crowd.

‘Ritual de lo Habitual’ was also well represented, as ‘Three Days’ and ‘Stop!’ were big crowd pleasers. An extended version of ‘Jane Says’ closed out the night as balloons rained down from the ceiling.

Jane’s played only one song off their upcoming album, ‘The Great Escape Artist’ — the first official single, “Irresistible Force.’ The tune combines quiet verses with an epic chorus. ‘Irresistible Force’ is set to impact radio next week, while ‘The Great Escape Artist’ hits stores Sept. 27.

Seeing Jane’s Addiction live makes one marvel at the youthful energy of the 52-year-old Farrell, who pranced around the stage like a young man in his twenties. Guitarist Dave Navarro, as fit as ever, seemed a bit laid back at this gig, but drummer Stephen Perkins matched Farrell’s energy beat for beat. They were joined by touring bassist Chris Chaney.

Farrell’s wife Etty also made appearances on the stage throughout the evening with sultry choreographed moves alongside a look-a-like dancer.

The 12-song set may have left some fans wanting more, but it was a jam-packed 85-minute show musically and visually. Fans who missed the live YouTube broadcast of the show can catch a 60-minute 3D documentary version of the gig on Aug. 4.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/janes-ad ... york-show/

The reviewer gives the show 4 out of 5 stars.

I thought Chris Chaney's reaction to Perry saying his last name is / was Bernstein was classic.
I'd sort of forgotten that bit until I read this review.
Chris was laughing so hard I thought he might fall off the stage. :lol: