2011.10.03 & 04 John Anson Ford Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
hydro
Addict

Re: Jane's Addiction @ John Anson Ford Theatre in October

Post by hydro »

Nightranger

Jane's Addiction Is Back; Dave Navarro Talks Their New Album and Why He Fucking Hates The Media
By Lina Lecaro Mon., Oct. 3 2011 at 6:30 AM
Categories: Interview, Nightranger

​Jane's Addiction play the John Anson Ford Theatre tonight and tomorrow. The venue is an important part of their history. Back in 1989, the band performed seven straight nights there, launching Nothing's Shocking. They also offered a glimpse into the colorful visual influences and rhythmic experimentation of their release the following year, Ritual de Lo Habitual.

As a young music fan and budding critic, we found these shows seminal. We remember hearing them announced as "Juana's Addicion," the wild, folkloric stage décor, flying dreadlocks, and thunderous music. And so we caught up with guitarist Dave Navarro to talk about the shows, the group's new album -- The Great Escape Artist, out October 18 -- and why the media generally annoys the crap out of him.

READ THE REST OF THE INTERVIEW HERE
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
NEXUS718
Black Radio Club

Post by NEXUS718 »

THEY PLAYED L.A. MEDLEY!!! :biggrin:
henry
Power Tools

Post by henry »

Whores
Just Because
Ain't No Right
Ted, Just Admit It...
Been Caught Stealing
End to the Lies
Ocean Size
Three Days
Irresistible Force
L.A. Medley
Mountain Song
Stop

Jane Says
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

janes100311_setlist001-3.jpg
Set list
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.lawomanphotography.com
rickpoet
Black Radio Club

Post by rickpoet »

My impressions and observations of the show...

Perkins, Chaney and a bunch of other guys we're drumming just inside the gate while the audience arrived around 6pmish which was very cool.

First opening band was called "Boys" and they we're awful...unless you love that rock club scene from the 80's in which case you were probably in Heaven.

The second opening band was fantastic though it wasn't clear who they were. Anyone know?

Probably one of the best Jane's shows I've seen since the first Lollapalooza. It really did have the 'dirty' feel promised. L.A. Medley was so perfect for this venue and like a 'gift' to the crowd. Right from Whores on just felt more serious...Perry was funny at times but not the more silly banter and song intros we've seen lately. He was tight. (Yes, I said "tight".)

Half naked chicks dancing up the mountainside behind the stage was an expected and much welcome inclusion.

Lasers! It was like a 3D Laser show everywhere during the show...and not in that lame SNL Lasercats way.

Perry was wearing a suit...made the whole thing feel like an awesome Bar Mitzvah. A super awesome Bar Mitzvah.

Bummed I can't see tomorrow night...this was so good.

vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

rickpoet wrote:
The second opening band was fantastic though it wasn't clear who they were. Anyone know?
I loved the 2nd band too. Someone told me they thought they were called Ten Ton Echo.
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

blg wrote:For any of you going tonight, can you post what time Jane's takes the stage?
They were supposed to start at 9PM, but it was closer to 9:15PM

By 7:30, the parking was full. Talked to my friend who was there and she had to take shuttle.

I got there at 5:30, headed straight for the line and ran when doors opened and lucked out being front and center. Only down side, I missed Perkins drum thing because I didn't want to lose my spot in line to get in.
henry
Power Tools

Post by henry »

The second opening band was IO Echo http://www.ioecho.com/

Apparently the first band won a Guitar Center contest http://forums.janesaddiction.org/viewto ... f=1&t=2283
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

NEXUS718 wrote:THEY PLAYED L.A. MEDLEY!!! :biggrin:
yeah, that's fucking awesome - first time in 20 years!
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

rickpoet wrote:Perkins, Chaney and a bunch of other guys we're drumming just inside the gate while the audience arrived around 6pmish which was very cool.
nice, a throwback to the original JAFT shows - keeping it classic :cool:
janesaddiction.org