Radio Tokyo

Re: Jane's Addiction @ John Anson Ford Theatre in October

Post by kingsvikes »

la medley just seems perfect for a jaft show
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

what an awesome surprise to play L.A. Medley! That's so cool!!
thanks for the set list, review and pictures :cool:

here's a link to vikkivale's pics
http://lockerz.com/s/144246810
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

Great show! The new songs fit in well with the old songs...highlight for me was LA Medley! Unbelievable. Cameras weren't allowed so I didn't video...just the cell phone pics Hydro posted a link for. But, I heard that the band was filming last night. I have a photo pass for tonight, so I'll be shooting somewhere in the back or side as there is no photo pit. There was a kid from Israel that Perry talked to during the show and at the end of the night, he gave him his half full wine bottle. He was so stoked! Lots of happy people left the venue last night. Thank You Boys!
IMG_0088.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.lawomanphotography.com
vikkivale
L.A. Woman

Post by vikkivale »

If anyone is wondering about Merch, there is one men's shirt and one women's shirt - $25. Tote bag for $15. What I think was kid's shirt (can't remember price). They have a credit card machine at the booth.

No poster.
www.lawomanphotography.com
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

After watching both recent JAFT shows, all I can say is JA fans are boring! I guess we are all old farts now eh?
This is in LA too at the JAFT. Come on people. What a joke!

I feel sorry for JA. They sound great, but they are playing to a bunch of duds. Standing in the pit area all pretty and holding there Smart phones to record video that they really don't give a shit about. It's too bad... :no:
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

Charles wrote:After watching both recent JAFT shows, all I can say is JA fans are boring! I guess we are all old farts now eh?

I feel sorry for JA. They sound great, but they are playing to a bunch of duds. Standing in the pit area all pretty and holding there Smart phones to record video that they really don't give a shit about. It's too bad... :no:
Not quite as simple as that, though age does have something to do with it. The venue doesn't have a pit--anymore. It's been renovated and now has proper seats all the way down, aisle being monitored and enforced, etc.
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

tvrec wrote:
Charles wrote:After watching both recent JAFT shows, all I can say is JA fans are boring! I guess we are all old farts now eh?

Not quite as simple as that, though age does have something to do with it. The venue doesn't have a pit--anymore. It's been renovated and now has proper seats all the way down, aisle being monitored and enforced, etc.
I was gonna say... :lol: Still the croud did not have any enthusiasm at all. There are times in which it was totally quite in-between songs. I just thought with this being like a homecoming for Jane's Addiction, (the best band to come out of LA) it would have been just a little bit more boisterous :noclue:
rickpoet
Black Radio Club

Post by rickpoet »

Any get the set-list for the second night at the Ford?