2011.10.06 El Capitan Theatre, Los Angeles, CA Jimmy Kimmel

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
drifter
L.A. Street Scene

Re: Jane's on Jimmy Kimmel Oct 6th

Post by drifter »

holy shit. i just drove back to vegas in time enough to see the show on tv. great time. i saw perry was nervous as shit when they first got on stage. dave kissed him on the cheek and it didnt faze him because he was in a zone.a second later he realized dave kissed him and he patted him on the back. he was very tense on irr force. by the time they played ocean size they finaly loosened up. i videoed recorded the show but the audio SUCKS. damn iphone. couldnt believe the huge medal detectors they had, it was like going through a airport security so i left my better recorder in the truck
vikkivale wrote: Perry was a bit belligerent...the stage had lots of wires f'n with him.
again i think perry only saidt hat stuff out of nerviousness. i flashed back to the 89 show when he did break his foot and kept performing
drifter
L.A. Street Scene

Post by drifter »

ok. here's my video of Ocean Size. The audio SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS but the video is ok and daves performance at the end is the reason i put this up. if i can figure out how to edit the audio from this and add the audio from the John Anson Ford Theatre im gonna do it.

i cant figure out the you tube embedding thingy so here

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zk5_lPlTZo[/youtube]
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Fixed the embedding for you. Thanks for sharing - looked like a good time. Hopefully that episode of Kimmel will be online soon.
janesaddiction.org
cursed male
Black Radio Club

Post by cursed male »

hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

great performance!! My favorite of IF so far..I have to say between this and the videos from the JAFT shows the guys are really bringing it and giving us what we want, their stage presence has been solid, they look like they are comfortable together, Perry has been dressing to impress!! He looked really fricking cool in the grey suit the other night. Chris is bringing the bass on strong and looks great! I loved Stephens leather jacket he had on the other night with the zippers. I think Dave looks like he's put on just a lil weight which is a good thing, his face just looks a lil fuller, he looks different to me , a lil rougher around the edges, I think that's a nice change!! :heart: :nod:

heres the link for the full show
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
tcrock
Black Radio Club

Post by tcrock »

love the new song, can't wait for the new album and to see them in NYC in a few weeks......but the lip syncing etc on the Irresistable force is weak in this performance (frankly i think that's why Perry seemed nervous as others pointed out). I know it's a promotional performance and all but hopefully that's not going to be the case live going forward.
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

Stop was SOLID!!! :nod:
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

So were there seats at this show or just a floor? Man, why is everyone just standing again??? :no:
paintsrdri
Radio Tokyo

Post by paintsrdri »

I thought that IF was good live and STOP was the shit sounded awsome live..... :heart:
"Pero Los Queremos"
tcrock
Black Radio Club

Post by tcrock »

Stop was solid I'll give you that......Perry's is going to have a little trouble with that IF chorus though..but i don't want to bring that excessive xiolan micro critique pov here......I'm sure the shows in NYC will be killer and can't wait to go.