2008.04.23 El Ray Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info
Jasper
The Co Co Club

Post by Jasper »

Shroomy wrote:Perry doesn't look all that healthy. All the years of a Vegatable and rice only diet is starting to show through. The starvation diet.
I actually had thought that he looked very youthful in that image. I can't jump around like the P-man, and I'm only 35. My joints are fucked. He must be doing something right...
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Original Jane’s Addiction Lineup Reunite to Rock Awards Show

4/24/08, 11:00 am EST

It was the reunion that rock fans thought they’d never see. All four members of Jane’s Addiction — Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, and Eric Avery — reunited on the stage for the first time in years to perform at the inaugural NME Awards USA at the El Rey Theater in Los Angeles Wednesday.

The band — the first American group honored with the “Godlike Genius Award for Extraordinary Services to Music” — played a set of some of their biggest hits: “Stop,” “Mountain Song,” “Ocean Size” and an acoustic “Jane Says.”

“Here we go again. You up for it?” asked singer Perry Farrell, decked out in a dominatrix-like skintight black outfit complete with a horse’s tail and fairy-like ankle books. “It ain’t nothing without you all,” he said during the performance. “See, I do that in my living room in my underpants and it’s not as much fun.”

The crowd — which included Mark Ronson (who threw something at Perez Hilton onstage), Mick Jones, the Killers, Kelly Osbourne and others — went crazy when Farrell introduced Avery. The bassist has regularly declined reunion offers of any sort. He almost didn’t agree to the NME Awards, but Avery changed his mind at the last minute, explaining in a statement that he said yes because it was about “honoring the past instead of trying to recreate it.”

Attendees were excited to see the reunited Jane’s: “I loved the supermarket stealing song,” said Mick Jones, who was presented with the Inspiration Award. “They’re from here. What more can you say?”

“It’s always a good night when you can see Dave Navarro’s chest,” deadpanned Danny Masterson.

Alice Cooper added, “They were one of my favorite bands from that era because they were first band that was totally original. Nobody sounded like them.”

[Photo: Getty]

Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i ... ards-show/
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Here's a cool little news clip.
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/janes-add ... s/8756187/

There is a link on that page to download the clip. :)
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I spotted a set of photos on flickr today.
There not the best quality wise but there are so few out there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/traviskell ... 791688221/
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Perry Farrell On The Glorious Reunion Of Janes Addiction

http://publish.vx.roo.com/heraldsun/vid ... pId=924179
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 2008.04.23 El Ray Theatre, Los Angeles, CA

Post by Mike »

Bumped for archival purposes.