1985.06.01 O.N. Klub, Hollywood, CA - Psi Com

Perry, Eric, Dave, & Stephen's road to Jane's Addiction
RiotNrrrd
Power Tools

Re: 1985.XX.XX Continental Club, Hollywood, CA - Psi Com

Post by RiotNrrrd »

hydro wrote:
Mike wrote: It's truly a pleasure to have someone who lived these early shows come by and give us the 411 needed.
totally cool!! thanks Greg!
I always wonder when I look at the crowds in old pics or videos.."where are these people?" haha! well,here is one of them:) welcome!
I am still in LA and still go to gigs (mostly Techno parties/clubs, nowadays) ... 52 years young :biggrin:

Ever since my late teens I have sought out the new and interesting/challenging in music ... Psi Com were definitely new & interesting in 1983/1984! They were loosely aligned with the IPR (Independent Projects Records) axis and I knew many of those people from always going to gigs - Bruce Licher and Ethan Port (Savage Republic), Dino Paredes (Red Temple Spirits), the 2 main guys in Drowning Pool, Abecedarians and so on. In mid 1985 my ex and I moved into a loft east of downtown LA, so we were in a good position to keep tabs on things in the LA scene at the time.

So yeah, I am indeed "one of them" ... I bought "Worktape 1" at one of the Psi Com gigs (at the Anti-Club I think, but I could be wrong) and still own it. I also have the "L.A. Mantra II" tapes as well.
hydro
Addict

Re: 1985.XX.XX Continental Club, Hollywood, CA - Psi Com

Post by hydro »

RiotNrrrd wrote: So yeah, I am indeed "one of them"
:P :biggrin: :cool:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1985.06.01 O.N. Klub, Silver Lake, CA Psi-Com

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote:June 02, 1985 - Beyond Baroque Literary Arts Center, Venice, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/psi ... 6-02/1473/
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
RiotNrrrd
Power Tools

Re: 1985.06.01 O.N. Klub, Hollywood, CA - Psi Com

Post by RiotNrrrd »

Nice find Mike!!!

I don't recall if I went to that one - probably not because I'd just been to the On Klub show the night before (which as I've said I didn't much like ... ) and also because I didn't care for either the Fiends or the Nip Drivers (strange bill!).

I did go to several of those Sunday afternoon Beyond Baroque events (colloquially dubbed "Beyond BBQ") however such as Savage Republic and Abecedarians later that same month.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Ad from the LA Weekly dated May 31-June 6, 1985
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

It doesn't look like it from the thumbnail, but I upgraded that LA Weekly scan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janesaddiction.org
RiotNrrrd
Power Tools

Post by RiotNrrrd »

I'll "upgrade" my previous comments to say that I/we probably went to that show because of Kommunity FK (who we saw a lot), and Psi-Com was the icing on the cake.