I Just Got Word That A Psi-Com Show...

Perry, Eric, Dave, & Stephen's road to Jane's Addiction
intertwoven
Jedi

Re: I Just Got Word That A Psi-Com Show...

Post by intertwoven »

The Psi Com tape sold on eBay for $118.49 last night. Hopefully whoever won it is cool and shares it around. It's been a long time since I've heard any "new" Psi Com stuff.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

intertwoven wrote:The Psi Com tape sold on eBay for $118.49 last night. Hopefully whoever won it is cool and shares it around. It's been a long time since I've heard any "new" Psi Com stuff.
I hear it sounds fucking awesome and I'm looking forward to hearing it soon.

Unfortunately I still haven't heard back about the other Psi-Com show I'm trying to get hold of.
I guess if it takes a while for him to find it and share it with me that's OK seeing as it's been 25 plus years without it and I don't think a little more time is gonna kill me.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
RiotNrrrd
Power Tools

Post by RiotNrrrd »

Thanks to whomever let that Club Lingerie show out in the wild.

Turns out I was at this gig - it was the IPR showcase gig and as I knew people in all 4 of the bands that played, it was Must-See TV :biggrin:

At the beginning of the thread someone mentioned the 7/5/1985 show at the Anti-Club. That's where they opened for Gerechtigkeits Liga. I was also at that show. Oddly I don't really remember Psi-Com. I wonder if my ex and I got there late. I do have a clear memory of watching Gerechtigkeits Liga, however. Given the fact that 9 tracks/30 minutes of their set ended up on one of Gerechtigkeits Liga's live albums ("Per Ignem Ad Lucem") later on, it isn't out of the realm of possibility to think that Psi-Com's set was also recorded.
RiotNrrrd
Power Tools

Post by RiotNrrrd »

So here we are 8+ years later ... did these live tapes ever escape into the wild?
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

RiotNrrrd wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:15 am So here we are 8+ years later ... did these live tapes ever escape into the wild?
I’m going to go back through some messages and see what happened with this guy. I never got the show which is why nobody else got it.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

So 6/13/85 @ Club Lingerie definitely is out there and was posted in the forum
janesaddiction.org
RiotNrrrd
Power Tools

Post by RiotNrrrd »

helicine wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am So 6/13/85 @ Club Lingerie definitely is out there and was posted in the forum
Helicine - what do you mean "posted in the forum"? Aren't we here in the forum? ;)

"You're soaking in it" - Madge
RiotNrrrd
Power Tools

Post by RiotNrrrd »

RiotNrrrd wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:42 am
helicine wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:22 am So 6/13/85 @ Club Lingerie definitely is out there and was posted in the forum
Helicine - what do you mean "posted in the forum"? Aren't we here in the forum? ;)

"You're soaking in it" - Madge
Never mind - found the post elsewhere on the site. (Updated the thread to note that the Rapidshare link is dead.)
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org