I Just Got Word That A Psi-Com Show...

Perry, Eric, Dave, & Stephen's road to Jane's Addiction
Mike
Addicted Archivist

I Just Got Word That A Psi-Com Show...

Post by Mike »

...that we didn't know was recorded was indeed recorded! :cool:

I'm waiting to hear back from the fellow that recorded it (and offered me a copy) but based on the info he's provided I believe the date is July 5, 1985 at the Anti-Club.

If not July 5th then it could possibly turn out to be a date we don't have listed.

More info as I get it. :)
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
intertwoven
Jedi

Re: I Just Got Word That A Psi-Com Show...

Post by intertwoven »

any update on this? The recent treasure trove of unearthed Psi Com flyers n' shit is pretty sweet.. now we need some audio to really take it home! :)
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Great minds think alike intertwoven. :)

I sent him a message earlier today to see what's up.
Fingers crossed I'll know something soon. :please:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Well here's another Psi-Com show that we didn't know was recorded / that doesn't circulate.

June 13, 1985 - Club Lingerie, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/psi ... 06-13/800/

Psi Com
LIVE + wortape 1

Condition all at all: VG+(+)

VERY RAAAARE !!!!

I got this tape decades ago from Bruce Licher of IPR.
Live songs are: 14th floor / human condition / xiola / ho ka hey / winds / untitled / greedy was the beggar / + the three studio tracks of the wortape1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Psi-LIVE-jane-s-add ... 20baf1ef7e

It sucks that it's being sold but hopefully whoever gets it will transfer it and share it with the rest of us.
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Post by tvrec »

First off, I must be an idiot, but this whole sub-forum thing took me a long time to figure out as far as where the hell things are located. Anyway,

The guy selling the tape on eBay is the same person who for years now has been selling copies of the worktape cassette and the dubious Psi-Com L.P. with great artwork. One of Mike's questions in the interview with Evac thread is relevant here: who is the person with these items, what is his or her relationship to the band, and so forth.

I've always been curious as to how such items that this person lists could be so pristine. The tapes are immaculate, making me wonder is they have been post-created, as it were, using the original artwork--a speculation further fanned by the extra artwork sheets shared by Jay.

And, on a completely different note, and maybe I missed it altogether, but who is Jay? Is there any relation to "Jai" listed with photo credit on the Psi-Com promo pic? http://forums.janesaddiction.org/viewto ... com#p19969

Regardless, the stuff that's been popping up here this week is damned amazing, and I thank Jay for sharing and the site for hosting.
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

finally getting a chance to sit and check out all the awesome stuff that's been added and I'm so impressed guys!!wow this is great!!! :cool:
thank you! Jay!!! :rockon: :applause: :rockon: thank you Erik and Mike for always doing such a great job!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

tvrec wrote:First off, I must be an idiot, but this whole sub-forum thing took me a long time to figure out as far as where the hell things are located. Anyway,
Sorry for the confusion tvrec.
We just recently started this sub-forum to list all the guys band's shows prior to Jane's forming.
With all these shows added in with all the Jane's shows things were getting a little cluttered and we just felt that this was the best way to alleviate some of the clutter.

Besides there are some fans that don't really care what the boys were doing before Jane's and this way they don't have to wade through posts that don't interest them.
tvrec wrote:The guy selling the tape on eBay is the same person who for years now has been selling copies of the worktape cassette and the dubious Psi-Com L.P. with great artwork. One of Mike's questions in the interview with Evac thread is relevant here: who is the person with these items, what is his or her relationship to the band, and so forth.

I've always been curious as to how such items that this person lists could be so pristine. The tapes are immaculate, making me wonder is they have been post-created, as it were, using the original artwork--a speculation further fanned by the extra artwork sheets shared by Jay.
I've not seen to many of the Worktape 1 cassettes on ebay and thankfully the one I scored several years ago came from a seller in California and is legit.

There is a copy of Worktape 1 up on ebay right now from as you said the same guy that sells the vinyl.
He wants $230.00 plus shipping for it and I wonder if it's legit too.

I see the vinyl up on ebay all the time however and I'm really hopeful that Mr. Evac will be able to help us get to the bottom of this
tvrec wrote:And, on a completely different note, and maybe I missed it altogether, but who is Jay? Is there any relation to "Jai" listed with photo credit on the Psi-Com promo pic? http://forums.janesaddiction.org/viewto ... com#p19969

Regardless, the stuff that's been popping up here this week is damned amazing, and I thank Jay for sharing and the site for hosting.
Jay is as helicine posted in one of these threads a friend of Rich Evac.
Whether he is the same Jai vs Jay that took the promo photos is a question helicine can ask.

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking these goodies are amazing. :cool:
Every time I think wow holy shit helicine gets another email from Jay and I get to do it all over again.
It's truly amazing that all these goodies have survived all these years and that we're all able to see them.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:finally getting a chance to sit and check out all the awesome stuff that's been added and I'm so impressed guys!!wow this is great!!! :cool:
thank you! Jay!!! :rockon: :applause: :rockon: thank you Erik and Mike for always doing such a great job!
I'm glad you're getting the time to enjoy them hydro because it means the couch hog is feeling better.

As far as I'm concerned all the thanks should go to Jay who through all these years kept these precious items safe and then took the time to scan and share them with us.

I think helicine will agree with me when I say it's not a job to add all these items to the site, it's a privilege.
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

What is the sound quality on this tape?
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Charles wrote:What is the sound quality on this tape?
Nobody here has heard either one of these yet Charles.
I'm still waiting to hear back from the guy about the show I started this thread about.

I think I might know somebody to ask about that 6/13/85 Lingerie show but it's a crap shoot as to whether he'll be able to help us out with it.

Fingers crossed for now and I'll update this thread as soon as I know anything.