2012.02.25 Lifestyles Communities Pavilion, Columbus, OH

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info from the 2012 tour
hydro
Addict

Re: 2012.02.25 Lifestyles Communities Pavilion, Columbus, OH

Post by hydro »

I think it's funny when people say the crowd was lame and just stood there or something along those lines.....if you see a show in OHIO you will never say that!! :lol: there is nothing else here to do except for rock the fu*k out!!! :rockon:
nothing better than a live show!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I just finished watching Joe's video and I can hear myself talking in it. :lol:
This girl who was having the time of her life kept stepping on my toes and I can hear myself telling her not to worry about it.

I was camped out at the soundboard at the time so I guess that's where whoever got this audio got it from.

One thing that's a bummer about it is the edit after I Would For You.
I was screaming for them to play MY TIME and Joe cut it out. :lol:
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
mothra665
Räji's

Post by mothra665 »

nice video :nod:
"Whaddya doing cheering a guy over 30? Cuz I can still rock yer pants off yer fuckin' ass, and I'll do it 'till the day I die!"
Perry Farrell 07/20/1991
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Jane’s Addiction and Young The Giant Make For a Mighty Saturday In Columbus
Jane’s Addiction (LC Pavilion) and Young The Giant (Newport Music Hall): Dual Review

February 25, 2012

On the other side of the 102.5 coin, Jane’s Addiction and Black Box Revelation rocked the LC. Black Box Revelation, a two member rock band from Belgium, opened with amazing stage presence and pure high-quality rock. Driving drums and deep guitar riffs set the groundwork for unique vocals, leaning more towards the Death from Above 1979 style as opposed to a Black Keys or White Stripes. The band’s small size didn’t stop the sound from penetrating through every person in the packed venue.

Roaring applause transitioned to the main act, rock legends Jane’s Addiction. ‘The Great Escape Artist’ brought powerful rock tones to die-hard fans and newcomers alike from the very beginning, with the unrelenting single “Underground” setting the tone for the unveiling of the set, dancing girls and other stage performers that accompanied Jane’s. The intricately designed pseudo-Carnivale stage, brilliant lighting and visuals set the mood for a set that included hits old and new. Perry Farrell’s voice was melodic as ever, backed up by the expert guitar workings of Dave Navarro. Through multiple visual and audio tones, which included LED screens playing vintage erotica, transition videos that felt like scenes out of a 1930’s propaganda exploitation film, and Navarro’s slowly shed clothing the band evolved throughout the night. They closed the night with a relaxed 3 song acoustic set, picked it back up into the hallucinogenic hit ‘Irresistible Force’, and then drove it home through 2 more and an encore; carrying their audience into a frenzied rush as the final notes rang out. Not a silent voice in the house as the band reminded everyone what real rock sounds like.After the show, the LC crowd was still dying for more and was granted a surprise visit to the A&R Bar: Young the Giant guest-DJ’d the Soundoff after party. Great music and drinks were enjoyed by all as the night drew to a close. Hall-of-Fame-bound idols mixed with powerful new trends made Columbus the place to be for live music. 2012 is still young, but the bar has been set high by these two amazing bands; challenging the spring acts to bring their all.

http://promowestlive.wordpress.com/2012 ... -columbus/
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Nice find hydro!
I've been searching the Columbus papers for a review and haven't been able to find squat.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike wrote:Nice find hydro!
I've been searching the Columbus papers for a review and haven't been able to find squat.
:thumb:

P.S. my rental car was returned with no bathroom fliers :thumbdown: :cry:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:

Bummer! :no:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike wrote:
hydro wrote:

Bummer! :no:
yeah total bummer! I'm gonna try and forget about it lol something like that will drive me nuts!
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

interview with Perry on Columbus radio station cd101

http://www.cd101.com/uploads/perry%20fa ... 201-24.mp3
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:P.S. my rental car was returned with no bathroom fliers :thumbdown: :cry:
Hey hydro, did the flyers look like this poster?