2012.02.25 Lifestyles Communities Pavilion, Columbus, OH

Archived tour dates, reviews, and info from the 2012 tour
helicine
I Fix Shit

Re: 2012.02.25 Lifestyles Communities Pavilion, Columbus, OH

Post by helicine »

I wish it was a little more zoomed in, but it looks pretty damn good full-screen and in 720p

Funny thing is I was trying to film 'I Would For You' and catch any banter from Perry beforehand. Ended up with Jane Says, but so what, I love the crowd's pop toward the end of the song. Overall, I had pretty lucky timing. I'm so happy I could capture that moment for you two!

:cheers:
janesaddiction.org
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

helicine wrote: I'm so happy I could capture that moment for you two!

:cheers:
me tooooo!!!!! :biggrin: :heart: :cheers:
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

mothra665 wrote::idea: i still want to make it down [spring/summer], hit some shops on "high" street & find the gyro guy :!:

have a great time "E" :biggrin:
I thought about Colleen and you at the show and really missed seeing both of you. :(
I'm not trying to rub it in or anything but the gyro guy was there again after the show and I asked helicine to take a picture of him for you two.

I haven't checked the disc he burned for me yet but I assume it's on there and I'll post it for you when I find it.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Mike wrote:I had a chance to talk to Perry briefly last night and when I mentioned to him that this show was supposed to be scaled back due to venue size constraints he told me things had been worked out and that the show will be the full blown production.
Perry wasn't bullshitting and going on memory alone everything seemed to be set-up exactly like it was at the Detroit show for this show.

Whoever they have doing the rigging and getting things in place did a really nice job. :applause:

I'm really happy they were able to get everything in there because there's so much going on that you can't take it all in in one viewing.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Mike wrote:I haven't checked the disc he burned for me yet but I assume it's on there and I'll post it for you when I find it.
pretty sure it was on that disc
gyro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janesaddiction.org
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

What a wonderful time! As always! I am still floating on Cloud 9 off in LaLa Land :yeay:

I can always feel the magic and the Universe with me.
My gut instinct told me 2 hours prior to leaving for the 2 1/2 hour drive to Columbus that I should get a rental car being that my car has been driving like crap lately. The next morning when I went to pick up my car and return my rental, my car wouldn't even move. The stupid anti lock breaks locked up and it felt like my car was grinding the pavement. Got it back on the road now but thank God I did not drive it all the way to Columbus! I LOVE rental cars! lol

The whole drive there I was excited about meeting Helicine! Helicine you were as nice and kind as I imagined!
I was also anxious to see Mike again. It's been....wow! A long time! Since Pete was here over a year ago? Mike, you are comfort to me. And thank you again for inviting my girl Jessie to be your +1. I am so happy that she was the first girl picked by Bubba, handcuffed and taken backstage to watch sound check!!! How crazy that out of all the girls, she got to go and experience what I have told her about for so many years (backstage)! Crazy how the law of attraction works ;)

I was bummed not to meet Bubba The frickin Clown haha!! I love the whole bloody make out scene from PFP's Woodstock and it has been a fantasy to meet Bubba BUT I realized very soon that I am glad I was not chained to all those screaming girls like my friend was :lol: :lol: no, no way! I would have put Bubba on the chain gang and cracked that whip! ;) :shock: :P
She said that some girls he went to handcuff got scared and was saying "let me out of these, I don't want to go" lol
but she had a blast and honestly I'm glad it was her and not me! I was standing with her 3 minutes before bubba found her. I had left with mike to go get our spot in the photo pit.

Wow! Off to the photo pit we went!! Thanks to a special surprise that was with our passes at will call. Standing off to the side, waiting for the go ahead from security to enter the small cemented area in-between the barricades and the stage all I could think of was our vikkivale and how she must feel when she is doing her thing, capturing those wonderful images! :cool:

We were allowed to be in there for three songs with no flash! I really enjoyed the rush of that experience being down front like that. I sure am a lucky girl! I say that with humbleness! Thankfulness and gratefulness! :meditate: :heart:

Mike and I took our spots! We do make a great team and with knowing Helicine was also there and my good friends all over the audience! Joe Mercado from Chicago who is a die hard jane's fan and a new friend I have met through networking, who has now become part of our circle was there and thankfully standing right behind Mike and I on the other side of the barricades. He captured some amazing moments! Paints was in the crowd, although I did not know for sure if he had made it so I never had the chance to say hi. A sweet fan and friend through fb,Christina was also there. As well as the guy from the last Jane's Columbus show, his name is Jim and he has the only surfaced video of me captured on stage with Jane's back in 09. So it was cool to meet him as well!

After the 3 songs and a few amazing moments with making sexy eye contact with Dave, rubbing his leg, having him play to me while he was looking into my eyes :heart: lalalalalalalalalaLAND I mean, come on Dave!! Give me your # or something! ;) :P
and then having Perry bend down, sing to me and kiss me and acknowledge us to the audience....WOW! That is heaven for me! :heart:

We headed back out of the photo pit, regrouped then me and my friend Jessie pushed our way back to the front of the pit :rockon: Once smashed in as far as we could go,groped on, and stepped on we were at the second line of people behind the barricades I started to get a lil panicky. Claustrophobic feeling! I am definitely not that teenager in the pit anymore not having a care in the world lol I almost thought I was gonna have to get out of there...the guys next to me were so drunk and obnoxious, I was burning up and stoned! ha! Thank goodness for Jessie though she blew air on me til I snapped out of it , my girls got my back! I was rockin after that. :rockon:

Perry and all of them were just having a good time on stage, Joe and I, say Perry acted as if it were 89 and he just did his thing! Dancing and shaking around, making is crazy eye faces :cool:
Perry is and will ALWAYS be the coolest!!!! There is nothing stopping him!
"someone"....... told me, that she is happy I made it to the show, Perry needed me there....that has resonated very deeply with me!!!!! :heart: I believe that is a message from an angel!

When I heard Classic Girl and I Would For You, I melted in tears! It was beautiful and it felt loving and healing. That shows Perry's heart! :heart: He loves! He understands us and what we need!! *ballingmyeyesout*
I think it is wonderful they added those to the set! Thank you guys for playing those songs with love.

Perry recharges my soul every time I see him. I feel a connection with his spirit. I can hear his silent thoughts.
call me crazy, it's true!
“I’ve got some advice for old people, you either keep fucking dancing or die.” - Perry Farrell
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

helicine wrote:
Mike wrote:I haven't checked the disc he burned for me yet but I assume it's on there and I'll post it for you when I find it.
pretty sure it was on that disc
gyro.jpg
yes, we had gyros and thought about you guys!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:Home from the show. Lots of pictures and a little bit of video to follow.
I want to touch base on the photo situation.
First off the band hooked us up with a pair of photo / working passes for the show.
I was supposed to use them so I could record the show but the recorder took a shit at the Detroit show and try as we might helicine and I couldn't get it to work.

I'm really bummed about the recorder situation because as I posted in the Detroit thread the recording I got of that show sounds like shit and seeing as we couldn't get it to work I didn't even bother bringing it with me to this show.

I will say that it was at least from a selfish point of view great not to be bothered with recording.
I was able to cut loose and dance and just freaking get lost in the show.
That felt really good but I pray nobody got video of me dancing. :lol:
Also if I recording does turn up and you hear some asshole screaming for the band to play My Time that would be me.

OK back to the photos.
Firstly I'll never be confused with our resident photographer vikkivale.
I think I got some pretty good shots and had a blast getting them but I had penis camera envy checking out the gear that the pros were using compared to the point and shoot I had.

Prior to being let into the photo pit the security guard warned everyone not to camp out or get to close to Dave.
He warned repeatedly that he'd personally seen Dave "kick people in the face" on more than one occasion.
With that in mind my plan was to give Dave plenty of space and to keep out of range of any incoming feet. :lol:
Not that I think Dave would kick me personally but I wanted to be respectful and give him space to do his thing.

Hydro and me camped out between Perry and Dave for the three songs we were permitted to photograph.
I was using helicine's camera and wasn't familiar with it but thankfully it was easy to use and I wasn't drinking. :lol:
I took as many pictures as I possibly could during those three songs but I caught myself several times dancing around and getting into the show and had to remind myself that I was supposed to be taking pictures.

I tried to make sure I got pics of Perk because it drives me nuts that there are precious few of him from shows.
Perry is insanely hard to take pictures of as he hardly stands still but when he saw hydro and me he had the biggest smile on his face and paused by us, hugged and kissed hydro, and fist bumped me.

I'll post more on the show as a whole but for now here are a few of my favorite pics from it that I took.
These and many more are posted in the gallery.

http://janesaddiction.org/gallery/exclu ... lumbus-oh/

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

hydro wrote:some of my pics
I'm glad the security guard had a sense of humor when he busted me trying to rip this off the wall after the show and laughed at me as opposed to giving me a beat-down. :angelhorns:
hydro
Addict

Post by hydro »

Mike wrote:
hydro wrote:some of my pics
I'm glad the security guard had a sense of humor when he busted me trying to rip this off the wall after the show and laughed at me as opposed to giving me a beat-down. :angelhorns:
hehe! I forgot about that for a minute! :lol:
prob the same guy that felt silly after thinking he busted Tracy and Jessie for smoking till he was told it was a e-cig.