2012.03.10 House of Blues, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Post by helicine »

janesaddiction.org
PneumaAbstract
Luddite

Re: 2012.03.10 House of Blues, North Myrtle Beach, SC

Post by PneumaAbstract »

Hello out there!!!
It seems I have stumbled upon another way, for better or for worse (in this case for the worst, in my opinion) that the internet has changed the music industry! Me & my "Classic Girl" were very thrilled and excited to learn that Jane's was playing @ The House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina... ~Well, we couldn't get the tickets at first until we were sure that our schedules would permit it... Well, the time came and I got the text "GET THE TICKETS!!!" So, that with much enthusiasm I proceeded to do... I go to the Jane's site, which directs me to LiveNations site, and I ATTEMPT to purchase 2, MIND YOU ONLY 2 TICKETS & it's STILL almost a month left before the show & there are NONE available... So, I then start doing some digging around on my own, and then it suddenly became perfectly clear why there were no tickets left available for purchase. The business of online ticket scouting is TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL!!! As there are plenty of tickets out there available for the March 10th 2012 "House of Blues" Myrtle Beach show ONLY they want at best twice(x2) the tickets to four(x4) times the listed online price through "LiveNation" & the "House of Blues" box office price... When Jane's has played this area I haven't missed a tour in years. I don't want to miss this one because of fucking ticket exploitation... I can get tickets on CraigsList, this site, that site, EVERYWHERE, EXCEPT WHERE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THEM...
It's EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING, especially when considering how excited we were to be going...
~Sincerely, yours truly & best of wishes, Evan Burns
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I feel your pain and miss the days of lining up to buy tickets for a show and in some instances even camping out to ensure that my friends and I would have good seats. Sadly those days are gone and if you want tickets you've got to pounce on them ASAP especially when the venue is small. I think the band did a pretty good job with their presales for these dates but unfortunately there's only so much they can do to make sure the tickets are getting into the fans hands vs the scumbags that are reselling them for profit.

I hope you and your girl are able to score tickets for a fair price so you can attend the show. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

No Rehab Needed For Jane’s Addiction At House Of Blues M.B. On March 10
Written By: admin - Mar• 09•12

Jane’s Addiction (L-R): Dave Navarro, Perry Farrell, Chris Chaney and Stephen Perkins. (Photo: Eliot Lee Hazel)

Doors Open 7:30 p.m.; Black Box Revelation Is Opening Act

By Brian M. Howle

There it is again, that kneejerk reaction to a band name that makes mothers quickly herd their young inside, as the fathers role up their sleeves and peer down with that badassdaddy stinkeye. Well, hide all ya want and give yer best drop dead stare, ‘cause it’s not what ya think if you weren’t a happenin’ dude or dudette back in the day of too-cool-for-school rock and roll. Only the really hip moms and dads knew that their children were safe from harm – well, relatively speaking – just because the band in question was Jane’s Addiction.

And finally, those kids can repay their very cool parental units by copping a couple of tix for mom & dad to rock out with the best of their day, as Jane’s Addiction rolls out onto the venerable stage at House Of Blues Myrtle Beach on Saturday, March 10 and their “Theatre of the Escapists” Tour, with support act Black Box Revelation.

At a time in recent rock history where damn near every band on MTV was assured meteoric success, Jane’s Addiction came along early on and gave an already tired, young genre a much needed burst of fresh air and newnessmixing styles of music. There were those “I’m so miserable to be doing drugs and alcohol and getting laid every night” dudes complaining about their success, and then there was Jane’s Addiction.

Alternative rock pioneers Jane’s Addiction has set out on a special run of North American shows this winter tour —called the “Theatre of the Escapists” tour—that will bring the band to intimate venues, most of which are classic theatres, including House Of Blues Myrtle Beach.

Acclaimed for their swirling sonic symphony and unique studio alchemy, Jane’s Addiction have sold over seven million records in the U.S.alone. They’ve also garnered Grammy nominations and spearheaded the movement of modern American festival culture by launching and headlining Lollapalooza.

Onstage, Jane’s Addiction hold nothing back. They “…reminded everyone there were rock gods to be prayed to, and then defied them with feverish grace,” noted Billboard (August 13, 2011) of their NYC show at Terminal 5. Writing about their Los Angeles performance at the John Anson Ford Amphitheatre, ArtistDirect.com (October 5, 2011) said: “Jane’s Addiction stood triumphant for the entire show. It was one of those magical gigs where every element simply worked. On stage, Jane’s Addiction display the kind of mystique that’s belonged to the likes of Led Zeppelin and few others. However, they’re one of a kind.”

2011 was a milestone year for Jane’s Addiction, marking the release of their first studio album in eight years, the Rich Costey-produced album, The Great Escape Artist. Released via Capitol Records, the album received critical praise from the likes of Spin, USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. Spun through a kaleidoscope of tightly wound riffs, hypnotic harmonies, booming beats, and an unmistakable howl, the record announces the beginning of the next chapter for the alternative rock torchbearers.

Jane’s Addiction; Perry Farrell (Vocals) Dave Navarro (Guitars), and Stephen Perkins (Drums) began working on what would become The Great Escape Artist in 2010. After a highly successful summer tour with Nine Inch Nails, the group had tapped into a majestic chemistry, and they wanted to harness it on their first collection of studio material since 2003′s Strays.

Perkins summed up the fire burning at the heart of The Great Escape Artist, “There’s a great momentum that’s building in the band,” he told AOL’s Spinner, “and the positive energy of making new music and being proud of it.”
The process behind the tunes began in early 2011 when the band entered a Los Angeles studio with producer Rich Costey. Their intent was to travel a different road, and consequentially they paved an entirely new path for alternative music at large.

At Costey’s suggestion, Farrell and Navarro took a meeting with TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek in order to possibly collaborate. The three clicked instantly, and Sitek stepped into the role of a songwriter and a bass player for the album as Costey, Navarro, and touring bassist Chris Chaney would also share four-string duties.

Sitek helped the band evolve their alchemy, expanding the sound even more. Farrell described Sitek’s distillation of electronic textures, bombastic rock, and crazed punk to Rolling Stone declaring, “He’s like a scientist, and he’s not afraid of making a monster.”

Also in June of 2011, Jane’s Addiction hwas inducted into Guitar Center’s RockWalk by Rage Against The Machine’s Tom Morello, who made it clear that the alt-rock pioneers led the way: ”Nirvana often gets credit for being the first ‘alternative’ band to break through, the band that changed music and led rock out of the hair metal wilderness of the ‘80’s. That’s just not true. It was Jane’s Addiction,” said Morello.

From the beginning, Jane’s Addiction has thrown the most unique parties in rock, mixing a fierce musicality with theatrical flair onstage. The band, who always outrageously combines electricity, sex and danger, will return to form in 2012.

“We chose to play as many of the great theatres that we could find because we wanted to immerse the audience in a unique experience unlike any they have ever seen at a rock show,” says Farrell. “Expect an orgy of musical and visual delights. We like orgies, and hope you do too.”

In 1991, for the Jane’s Addiction “farewell” tour, Farrell concocted Lollapalooza. His visionary idea brought alternative nations together like never before, and the touring festival ran annually until 1997. After the first Lollapalooza, Jane’s Addiction went on hiatus, but they never truly went away.

“Fresh” doesn’t even begin to describe it though. This is another level for Jane’s Addiction, and they’re opening doors for curious artists to follow just like they did nearly thirty years ago. Farrell concludes, “I love being able to escape my past even though my past was great. I just love the future even more.”

And allow me to echo kudos to Tom Morello’s quote: Nirvana got the fastrack ticket, instant fame, huge wealth – and a dead frontman. Jane’s Addiction was a far more formative – and brilliantly creative – force in the music of their peers … the new face of music that shaped a generation.

So if your parents were cooler and smarter than you, now’s your chance to pull even and you may even pull ahead – well, if you already bought them Loge tickets to a sold-out show – as you all enjoy Jane’s Addiction, with opening act Black Box Revelation, on March 10. Doors open 7:30 p.m.

For info on all other shows, call 843-272-3000; for tickets call 1-877-598-8497; or visit http://www.livenation.com .

The article was originally published at http://www.bhowle.wordpress.com
http://myrtlebeachalternatives.com/?p=7335
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I think this is the correct set list based on some info sent to me but I can't guarantee it's 100% correct.

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain’t No Right
Ted, Just Admit It...
Twisted Tales
Classic Girl
Jane Says
Chip Away
Irresistible Force
Three Days
Stop!

Encore

Words Right Out of My Mouth
Ocean Size
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

OK I got confirmation that the above set list is correct.
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

:cheers:
janesaddiction.org
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Post by Godflesh999 »

Three Days (mislabeled as Chip Away)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9e_MJb0 ... re=related

Yikes! It's been tough trying to find anything on this show...tough policy at HOB or something?
Godflesh999
Xenon West

Post by Godflesh999 »

Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Live review: Jane's Addiction
Posted by Jeff Hahne on Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Jane's Addiction w/ Black Box Revelation
House of Blues, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
March 10, 2012

The opportunity to see a big-name band in a small concert venue doesn't happen often. As an artist grows in popularity, the ability to see them in a smaller club wanes away, unless they play a last-minute tour warm-up (see Van Halen's recent N.Y.C. gig) or head out on one of those rare club tours.

Having seen Jane's Addiction a handful of times over the years — Lollapalooza and at New York's Madison Square Garden in 1991, during the Relapse Tour in Atlanta in 1997 and at the Voodoo Festival in New Orleans in 2009 — I was curious to see them in a more intimate setting.

Jane's Addiction is in the middle of its Theatre of the Escapists Tour, a cross-country journey taking the '90s alt-rock kings to various venues which average 2,000 people per night. While a May 23 concert at Charlotte's Ovens Auditorium was recently announced (with opening act The Duke Spirit), I decided to make the four-hour trek to the shore last weekend to see the band at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach as an early preview.

As the sounds of introductory Pink Floyd music faded away, Jane's Addiction — singer Perry Farrell, guitarist Dave Navarro, drummer Stephen Perkins and bassist Chris Chaney — took the stage. With one hand in the air, Farrell began singing as the band launched into "Underground," the energetic first song on the band's 2011 album, The Great Escape Artist. Starting with a new song was a sign this outing is much different than previous performances.

For years, Jane's Addiction focused on its early material. It's last tour was based around a reunion with original bassist Eric Avery and material from 2003's Strays album has been hit or miss.

"Underground" was followed by Farrell's infamous "Coming down the mountain!" cry of "Mountain Song." From there, the band played "Just Because," from the previously mentioned Strays (and the theme song for the HBO show Entourage).

Wearing fingerless gloves and a leather coat, Farrell often leaned against the monitors on stage and reached out to shake hands with audience members. He tried his best to calm a rowdy, sold-out crowd, joking that fighting guys need to "kiss and make up" and that everyone in attendance now knew what it was like to be a sardine.

A lengthy, raucous version of "Ted, Just Admit It..." included some of Perkins' finest drumming of the night as Navarro's hands playfully floated and flirted with his soaring guitar riffs. Meanwhile, Farrell found plenty of time to alter his voice through a large rig on stage, giving his howls even more banshee-like qualities.

A brief rest was given to band and crowd alike when Navarro and Chaney sat in large antique chairs for "Classic Girl" and the band's acoustic-calypso take on "Jane Says." Farrell's bandmates then took spots behind an array of drums as the group kickstarted the tribal "Chip Away."

The newer "Irresistible Force," from The Great Escape Artist, had all of the choral energy of the album's version and led into the dreamy, epic, "Three Days" before the band closed out the regular set with "Stop!"

Referencing the nearby body of water and his passion for surfing, Farrell led into the second of two encore songs, "Ocean Size." When the last notes rang out, all four band members stuck around to shake hands, toss guitar picks and pass out a couple drum sticks, sharing smiles with everyone in attendance.

Close proximity of the band to their fans enabled more interaction — including plenty of between-song banter from Farrell. He was also more active than I've seen him, looking younger than his 52 years and finding plenty of time to dance around, jump off the drum riser and kick his legs up in the air while dancing around the stage. Instead of looking like a band that was playing an arena and going through the motions, the group looked more like kids playing in front of their biggest fans.

While the upcoming show at Ovens Auditorium will be seated, it will also have greater production values as the small stage at the House of Blues limited what the band planned to do for this tour.

The opener on this leg of the tour was Belgium rock duo Black Box Revelation, a heavier, garage-rock version of The Black Keys who played a 40-minute set full of furious drumming and plenty of low-end riffs.

Soaked in blue and red lights, and the occasional strobe, the music, including "High on the Wire" and "I Think I Like You," leaned more toward punk than the bluesy base of The Black Keys, offering plenty of howls and Cobain rasp in the vocals. Where so many opening acts are often dismissed or ignored, it didn't take long for BBR to win over the crowd.

Jane's Addiction Setlist
Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Been Caught Stealing
Ain't No Right
Ted, Just Admit It...
Twisted Tales
Classic Girl
Jane Says
Chip Away
Irresistible Force
Three Days
Stop!

Encore
Words Right Out of My Mouth
Ocean Size
http://clclt.com/vibes/archives/2012/03 ... -addiction

Follow the link above to checkout some photos from the show.