1986.03.15 Räji's, Hollywood, CA *CANCELED*

out of the birth canal
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1986.03.15 Räji's, Hollywood, CA *New Show*

Post by Mike »

I have removed the "This was Jane's first show with Steve and Dave performing." distinction from the 3/21/1986 Be Live show page and added the following to this new shows page:

"This may very well be the first Jane's Addiction show with Steve Perkins and Dave Navarro as members of the band. We are attempting to confirm this."

Fingers crossed Dave will do Dark Matter this week and I'll be able to find out for sure.
One thing that is certain with the discovery of this show is that the Be Live show wasn't Perk's first in the band.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
innerturmoil
Be Live

Post by innerturmoil »

I asked Bob Forrest about this last night. He says Dave & Steve were in the band that night. But he put Dave joining before Stephen and didn't remember any time of other people playing in the band. He puts Dave & Steve in the band when he first saw them on the steps at Power Tools....
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

innerturmoil wrote:I asked Bob Forrest about this last night. He says Dave & Steve were in the band that night. But he put Dave joining before Stephen and didn't remember any time of other people playing in the band. He puts Dave & Steve in the band when he first saw them on the steps at Power Tools....
Thanks a lot for asking Mr. Forest about this innerturmoil.

I called into Dark Matter last night and spoke with Dave about the show but unfortunately he wasn't much help.
He was really trying to be helpful but I think he was confused by the add to an extent.

He has the podcast up on 6767.com right now if anyone wants to check it out.
My conversation with him in regard to this show starts at 1:43:23 in.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I joined the Raji's group on facebook and posted the Scratch ad there.
Fingers crossed somebody there remembers it and can enlighten us.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/60216908274/

I asked Perry about this show again on twitter.
@Mike_at_JA_org wrote:Do you remember this March 15, 1986 show at Raji's? http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 3-15/2299/
@perryfarrell wrote:I remember Raji's it was foul
:lmao:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:cropped/resized/optimized those 2 images :cheers:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you'll need to optimize these two again.
I just uploaded some fresh scans (300 dpi) and they're HUGE :!:

BTW if anyone is interested in a copy of this issue I found another one for sale for less than I paid for my copy.

Here's the link: http://www.oddballbooks.com/si/051953.html
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Mike will provide a more verbose update on this, but according to Perk this date was scheduled while Ed was still in the band and canceled. Perk said unequivocally that the Be Live was the first Jane's gig for him and Dave.
janesaddiction.org
Charles
One West

Post by Charles »

helicine wrote:Mike will provide a more verbose update on this, but according to Perk this date was scheduled while Ed was still in the band and canceled. Perk said unequivocally that the Be Live was the first Jane's gig for him and Dave.
Nice, good job in getting to the bottom of this! Sometimes you just got to ask the boys themself :nod:
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

Charles wrote:
helicine wrote:Mike will provide a more verbose update on this, but according to Perk this date was scheduled while Ed was still in the band and canceled. Perk said unequivocally that the Be Live was the first Jane's gig for him and Dave.
Nice, good job in getting to the bottom of this! Sometimes you just got to ask the boys themself :nod:
Yeah asking the guys when possible is key to figuring some of these dates out.
I asked Dave about it on Dark Matter and thought he was confused but after talking to Perk Friday night I realize it was me who was confused. :lol:

Bottom line is this show's status will be changed to confirmed cancelled.
What Perk said was this show was scheduled prior to Ed being fired and Dave replacing him.
After talking to Perk about it everything Dave said about it made perfect sense.

As helicine posted above Perk was 100% certain that the Be Live show was both his and Dave's first with the band.

Perk if you read this I still want a sit down interview with you one of these days to figure out some more of these mysteries. :please:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Mike wrote:Bottom line is this show's status will be changed to confirmed cancelled.
you're slow my friend, I did this on Sunday :lol:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:
Mike wrote:Bottom line is this show's status will be changed to confirmed cancelled.
you're slow my friend, I did this on Sunday :lol:
Me :arrow: :dunce: :lol:

Seriously though thanks for getting those show pages updated.
I was making some time to do it and as often happens you beat me to it.

BTW what you wrote for this show and the Be Live show looks good to me. :thumb: