1986.03.15 Räji's, Hollywood, CA *CANCELED*

out of the birth canal
Mike
Addicted Archivist

1986.03.15 Räji's, Hollywood, CA *CANCELED*

Post by Mike »

This is a new addition to the gig list.
The show is listed in a full page ad in the above Scratch Magazine dated March 1986.

Further details / scans will be posted once I've had time to scan the magazine.

This show IMO raises questions as to whether or not the March 21st show was indeed Dave's first with the band?
I suppose it's possible that they played this show, axed the guitar player, Dave joined and learned the songs, and six days later played the Be Live show, but it seems unlikely to me. :headscratch:
Last edited by Mike on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed shows status from new show to canceled
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1986.03.15 Räji's, Hollywood, CA *New Show*

Post by Mike »

I thought for sure there would be some discussion in regard to this show?
To me at least it's a rather important date as it is more than likely Dave's first with the band.

When I posted the above I'd forgotten about the February '86 rehearsal date we list with Dave.

February ?, 1986 - The Wilton House, Los Angeles, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 02-xx/770/

In addition we have Dave recording at Radio Tokyo sometime in March of '86 as well.

March ?, 1986 - Radio Tokyo, Venice, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 3-xx/2047/

I tweeted Dave the other day in hopes that he'd be able to confirm whether or not this is indeed his first show with Jane's but as of now I've not received a response from him one way or the other.

At any rate I've added this show to the gig listing and created a page for it.

March 15, 1986 - Räji's, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
http://janesaddiction.org/tour/show/jan ... 3-15/2299/

I hope to have the magazine scans up at some point later today.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

I'm trying to remember how we noted the Be Live show as Dave's first. Was it just because for the longest time it was the first known concert after we knew Dave was in the band, or if there is some sort of historical bit that said Be Live was his first?

Obviously unless there were any shows before this, it is definitely looking like this would actually be Dave's first gig w/ the band.
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

I'm thumbing through Whores pages 94-97 in regard to the Be Live show and there is no mention of it being Dave's first show with the band.

Personally I think the Be Live show was said to be his first because it was the first show known to exist after he joined the band and for no other reason than that.

That being said this Räji's show surfacing is reason IMO to alter that stance but I'd certainly welcome input from anyone who feels the Be Live show was Dave's first and would like to know why they believe that to be the case?

I plan to attempt to get Dave's take on this again once I get the magazine scanned and added to the site.
I'll try twitter again and if that fails I'll give him a call the next time he does Dark Matter.

Hopefully if the 15th was indeed his first show with Jane's he'll have some memory of it because I'd like to think it would have some special meaning to him.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

ejs
Be Live

Post by ejs »

helicine wrote:I'm trying to remember how we noted the Be Live show as Dave's first. Was it just because for the longest time it was the first known concert after we knew Dave was in the band, or if there is some sort of historical bit that said Be Live was his first?

Obviously unless there were any shows before this, it is definitely looking like this would actually be Dave's first gig w/ the band.
Isn't the Be Live date the story of how Dave & Stephen were underage and they had to wait outside to play? Which is also mentioned as their first show with Jane's, or at least together?
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

ejs wrote:
helicine wrote:I'm trying to remember how we noted the Be Live show as Dave's first. Was it just because for the longest time it was the first known concert after we knew Dave was in the band, or if there is some sort of historical bit that said Be Live was his first?

Isn't the Be Live date the story of how Dave & Stephen were underage and they had to wait outside to play? Which is also mentioned as their first show with Jane's, or at least together?
Hey ejs, I think you're getting some shows confused.
No worries though it happens to me all the time. :lol:

I'll try and sort it out.

The Be Live show was at a warehouse and there were no age restrictions.
The show that's been quoted as being the one where Dave and Stephen's age was an issue is the 10/01/1986 Club Lingerie show.

Now you saying "their first show with Jane's, or at least together?" got me thinking.
Remember I told you I get confused too but this 3/15/1986 is most likely not only Dave's first show with the band but Perk's too.

We have no record of any previous show with Perk on drums even though he joined the band a few weeks before Dave.

That doesn't absolutely mean Perk or Dave for that matter didn't play any show/s with Jane's prior to this one.
It just means we haven't found them yet. :nod:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

cropped/resized/optimized those 2 images :cheers:
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Mike wrote:The show that's been quoted as being the one where Dave and Stephen's age was an issue is the 10/01/1986 Club Lingerie show.
I swear we had that info in the show date history, and now it isn't there :banghead:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:cropped/resized/optimized those 2 images :cheers:
Thanks for fixing them up.
Especially for resizing them.
The one was like 2.5MB or something crazy like that.

The bad news is I'm not happy with either scan.
I scanned them at my Mom's and while they're good enough for now I do plan to rescan them once I find and hook-up my scanner.

The bottom and right hand side of the cover would not scan no matter what I did and the ad scan is all blurry on the left hand side.
helicine wrote:
Mike wrote:The show that's been quoted as being the one where Dave and Stephen's age was an issue is the 10/01/1986 Club Lingerie show.
I swear we had that info in the show date history, and now it isn't there :banghead:
I thought so too. :noclue: