1986.03.29 Räji's, Hollywood, CA [confirmed]

out of the birth canal
Mike
Addicted Archivist

1986.03.29 Räji's, Hollywood, CA [confirmed]

Post by Mike »

When I first started working on the Jane's Gig List several years back this March 29, 1986 date at Raji's was the only date listed at this venue.

While out in L.A. a few years back I discovered a handful of other shows at this venue and as recently as last week I found another. (March 15, 1986)

We currently list the March 29th show as questionable do to the fact that the band are not listed in the following L.A Weekly ad for this date:

I was doing some digging around over the weekend and found the following flyer for the show at Raji's on March 29th.

As you can see Jane's are nowhere to be found on this flyer for this date.

This begs the question, do we now have enough to change the status of this show from questionable to debunked?

I personally think we do but would like to know what everyone else thinks?
Last edited by Mike on Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed shows status
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
tvrec
L.A. Street Scene

Re: 1986.03.29 Räji's, Hollywood, CA *Status Question*

Post by tvrec »

I agree with you, Mike. The LA Weekly listing matches the flyer, neither with Jane's.
(Keep in mind that the listing is different than an ad.)
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

agreed :nod:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

tvrec wrote:I agree with you, Mike. The LA Weekly listing matches the flyer, neither with Jane's.
(Keep in mind that the listing is different than an ad.)
helicine wrote:agreed :nod:
Thanks for your response tvrec.
With you and Erik both agreeing with me I've gone ahead and downgraded this show's status to debunked.

I added the following bit to the Show Information section of the listing:

"This show has been listed on the Jane's tour pages here and elsewhere for years now but we've never been able to find any proof Jane's played this venue on this date. They are not listed in the concert listing for Räji's found in the March 28 - April 3, 1986 edition of the L.A. Weekly. Nor are they mentioned on the above flyer for this date."
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1986.03.29 Räji's, Hollywood, CA [confirmed]

Post by Mike »

Confirmed by Steve Perkins via his wife on Facebook. This is the band's second ever show with Dave on guitar.
Could somebody point me to whatever Mr. and/or Mrs. Perkins had to say about this show? I think I missed it.

This show being confirmed means the recording once attributed to it needs to be returned to it. Currently we are listing this recording as April 26, 1986 and that is incorrect. We moved it to April 26, 1986 when we thought that this show did not occur.

Lastly here’s a close-up of the listing we have for this date.
Listing taken from the LA Weekly dated March 28-April 3, 1986
C6F2F475-A535-4C0A-9F3C-F965FC836F93.jpeg
B49BC64E-FF82-4B2F-84CF-DC4117935FF5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.