1987.03.14 - Nightbreak, San Francisco, CA

early daze
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 1987.03.14 - Nightbreak, San Francisco, CA

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:The only reason I even "suggest" Dec '85 is that it works out on a calendar. For every practical reason, it is unrealistic.

Here is some more fodder for June '86
I know that's what you meant and agree with everything you posted but based on the posts on facebook we have to explore all the possibilities further.

Like I said in my post whether Dave and Stephen were in the band or not will prove or disprove this date 100% either way.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: something interesting

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:...snip

1988: May is the only option, and we don't have any other confirmed shows on that date.

snip...
I spent some time looking through a bunch of Nightbreak posters and flyers last night and we can eliminate 1988.
I dunno if this is the same person that was selling the Jane's poster or not but this guy has a shitload of Nightbreak stuff for sale including the ones helicine previously posted.

http://stores.ebay.com/Vic-Street-Art/_ ... =339351037

Here's the flyer that rules out 1988 and a link to the ebay auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Witnesses-House ... 3a6f85342b
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The quality of mercy is not strained, it dropeth as the gentle rain from heaven."
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

And it wasn't going to be '88 anyway, venue is too small.
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:And it wasn't going to be '88 anyway, venue is too small.
hehehe I know. I'm just trying to nail it down via the process of elimination. :lol:
I thought for sure if I looked at all of the flyers and posters he's selling that I'd have gotten somewhere but alas it wasn't meant to be.
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Re: 198?.??.14 - Nightbreak, San Francisco, CA

Post by Mike »

helicine wrote:Started getting a bit of feedback from their Facebook group. Nothing definitive, but it's sounding more and more like Mar 87 is the right fit.

Interestingly enough, this may have uncovered yet another gig. Sounds like Nightbreak had a Sunday afternoon new-band-tryout sort of deal called "Sushi Sunday" that Jane's did.
Checkout the Nightbreak facebook page!
Lots of info for this Sushi Sunday gig popping up and it looks like August 30, 1987 is a strong possibility. :cool:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

I saw a few of the posts last night, I'll dig through them more after work. I have a few thoughts, but want to give my memory a refresher first.
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Rereading that thread (for the umpteenth time) makes me dizzy. LOTS of great info, but also kind of confusing on which show is specifically being talked about (regular nightbreak show, or the sushi sunday show)

I'm positive I read elsewhere on the Nightbreak page, that 'Sushi Sunday' gigs were frequently "try-outs" for bands trying to get regular bookings. That was why I kind of figured the SS gig was before this particular one.

On an amusing side-note, I'm pretty sure Mark Pistel (who commented in that thread) is one of the founding members of Consolidated :rockon:
janesaddiction.org
Mike
Addicted Archivist

Post by Mike »

It looks like 1987 is out. Chris Isaak played there on March 14, 1987. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

and here is the receipt for that info from the San Francisco Examiner 3/13/87
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
janesaddiction.org
helicine
I Fix Shit

Post by helicine »

Pray For Rain must be a regular thing or house band or something. Numerous years with Pray For Rain on a Friday at Nightbreak 🤦🏻‍♂️
janesaddiction.org